Just wondering if anyone has

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mdcrossbow

Just wondering if anyone has

Post by mdcrossbow »

a left handed compound 45-60 pounds for sale. MY son 13, has been shooting a right handed recurve and we found out he is left eye domanet. SO I am starting a serch. Thanks
oneshot 1

Post by oneshot 1 »

Dave realy he would be better with Right Hand Bow,Find one 50 pound Draw,shoot Instinctive,with Release.

I'm left eye Dominant with practice I do just fine.Think about it this way I am right handed I throw with my right hand,shooting a Bow Instinctive is the same principle.If you try getting him to shoot a Left hand Bow it will be so much harder on him.Plus if you ever want to sell the Bow it will be harder to sell.

Just my .02

oneshot 1
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

you could try a patch over his dominant eye for a while.

a lot of shotgunners do that.

Mike
GonHuntin

Post by GonHuntin »

My 15 year old son is also right handed/left eye dominant. As Red Label suggested, a patch over the left eye will help him through the problems he is having. From a very early age, I patched my son's left eye while he shot an air rifle.......he no longer has problems shooting.

One more suggestion, if he uses a peep sight in the string and closes his left eye to shoot, he shouldn't have any problem with a right hand compound.
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

GonHuntin wrote:One more suggestion, if he uses a peep sight in the string and closes his left eye to shoot, he shouldn't have any problem with a right hand compound.
this is what I do...
Digger

Post by Digger »

Dave theres a few on ebay, heres one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 38159&rd=1

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone