TT Trigger and Red Lever Question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

8ptbuk

TT Trigger and Red Lever Question

Post by 8ptbuk »

Just installed mine a few days ago and noticed something I thought I would ask other TT owners about , I got the Single Stage with a Red Lever and love it ! Heres my question , With the xbow UNCOCKED , How much sideways movement ( left to right ) does Your Trigger lever have in it ? Thanks
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
Normous

Re: TT Trigger and Red Lever Question

Post by Normous »

On all three TT's with the red lever I have about 1/16"+ movement L to R.
Normal the way I see it.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family

Post by newbie »

Normous wrote:On all three TT's with the red lever I have about 1/16"+ movement L to R.
Normal the way I see it.
x2
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

X3.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Thanks guys for the replys ! I'm sure your all correct ! After looking a little closer , I think the Red lever is slightly narrower than the factory lever where it sticks through the stock giving the impression of more play than there actually is . Maybe someone that has one off can measure it for the width and post the results .
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
fergie

Post by fergie »

just went outside and checked my single stage with red lever on my 380 and has the same movement, then checked the two stock triggers on my father-in-laws exocet 200 and my buddy's exomag and the stock triggers have the same movement. never noticed before.
must be normal because the exomag is getting up there in age, bought when they first came out, still running like a champ.
love that everyone that hunts at my place keeps there equipment here, always back ups around. crossbows, shotguns, quads, etc...........
perc of owning the land I guess :)
matrix 380 blackout "Reaper", nchunterkw flemish string, triggertech single stage, matrix munch mount, Rhinehart Block, 18" zombie slayers c/o big john
fully dressed in drstirrup is the "reaper"
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Thanks Fergie ! Appreciate you taking the time to check !

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

Glad to hear this stuff, as I noticed a little play in mine last weekend and took the 310 apart to check everything over and put it back together. :)
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
TriggerTech

Post by TriggerTech »

BrotherRon wrote:Glad to hear this stuff, as I noticed a little play in mine last weekend and took the 310 apart to check everything over and put it back together. :)
The side to side movement that you are all describing is totally fine.

Cheers,

TT
Deerstalker

Post by Deerstalker »

I just checked my new install of the TT 2.5lb single stage with the red swept back lever and there is slight 1/16"|1/32" side to side movement.

Semper Fi

2012 Equinox
Firebolts & BEEs w Boltcutter & Slick Trick BHs 150gr
S-5 & Boo string, TT trigger, Nikon Bolt Xr scope
2012 Vortex w/S5 & Nikon Bolt Xr (son # 1)
2012 Axiom SMF w/S5 (son # 2)
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Finally got time to shoot some this evening with My new Single Stage TT Trigger and really like the feel of it BUT it Re latched itself twice in about 25 shots ! After the shot the latches were down , And not easy to get back up ! I had to work with the trigger before they came back up ! Never had this problem with my factory trigger . Really aggravated !

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

its a known issue. ive sent one trigger back and the replacement does the same thing. it also seems to transfer alot of vibration to my finger. kinda buzzy :? the reply i got was to make sure you follow through your pulling the trigger. kinda stinks but as far as i know there is no fix. its very fustrating because you have to do several steps to correct the problem when it happens.there are some great stock triggers too. my micro triggers are awesome.
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

foofoo wrote:its a known issue. ive sent one trigger back and the replacement does the same thing. it also seems to transfer alot of vibration to my finger. kinda buzzy :? the reply i got was to make sure you follow through your pulling the trigger. kinda stinks but as far as i know there is no fix. its very fustrating because you have to do several steps to correct the problem when it happens.there are some great stock triggers too. my micro triggers are awesome.
Thanks for being straight with me ! First I've heard of it !

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
Normous

Post by Normous »

Follow through is more critical using the TT but the reward is very positive in exchange.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

8ptbuk wrote:
foofoo wrote:its a known issue. ive sent one trigger back and the replacement does the same thing. it also seems to transfer alot of vibration to my finger. kinda buzzy :? the reply i got was to make sure you follow through your pulling the trigger. kinda stinks but as far as i know there is no fix. its very fustrating because you have to do several steps to correct the problem when it happens.there are some great stock triggers too. my micro triggers are awesome.
Thanks for being straight with me ! First I've heard of it !
I had a Matrix 2-stage that would auto-cock and it wasn't related to follow through, it was just plain defective. Resetting the trigger wasn't easy either, sometimes I had to take the stock off. They made it right and sent me a replacement and it hasn't auto-cocked yet.

I should also say that I shoot a ton and I own two of them and the second unit hasn't had any issues whatsoever.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits