Have owned Exocet for 4 years; going back to compound....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Post by Guest »

Ahh you guys ,

Don't take "Richards" hook too deeply. :wink: Perhaps he's retreated back under the nearest bridge. :lol:
bj

Post by bj »

473 hits in one day...man, he's done one heck of a "job"...they're probably printed and sitting on the spam table now, he's obviously having one heck of chuckle about now :roll: ...
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Your right bj, it spices up the forum a little though. Most of us are getting hardened by these trolls.

There's no Falcon way this upset me. " Pardon the pun. " It makes me feel good that someone is just jealous of Xbows, its nice to see.

Rock on boys!!!!

Grey Owl
RJ not logged in

Post by RJ not logged in »

For us PC illiterates .... what is 473 hits in one day ?
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

502 Hits :wink:

R.J. it Just means that this topic, forum , post whatever you want to call it has been opened or looked at 502 times...
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
Digger

Post by Digger »

RJ

Thats the number of times some one has loged onto a peticular site , such our forum under views for each post , thats a hit.

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
Don

Post by Don »

I feel so ashamed. I am the lothesome crossbow hunter. Just a rifle hunter who can't shoot a "REAL BOW" you know one of those vertical ones. I feel so bad that I am going to denounce my ways and never hunt again until I can the the King of the Woods, the master of all the things right. I must go and buy a Vert Bow so that I can be a real man, so that my friends will stop ribbing me.

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Falcon you gave us your opinion and now I shall give you mine.

The woods are for all to enjoy not just the Mighty Vert Bow users.
My bow does not have any more or less effective hunting distance than the mighty Vert Bow.
Anyone that comes along and becomes a member of a forum just to rustle some Poop is the lowest form of life.
Besides why don't you become a real man and get rid of those pansy wheels on your mighty Vert Bow that helps you hold your bow adraw longer without getting your poor arm tired. And that multy pinned sight, goodness, goodness, that must give you the ability to shoot out to at least 500 yards and hit your mark bang on, better remove that cheater tool too.

Good luck Falcon with what ever hunting utility you use. Enjoy it, just leave us the hell alone so we can enjoy ours. Archery is archery man the only difference is the length of the arrows.

Buzz off and play with your friends.

Don :lol:
claude

Post by claude »

you guys are wasting your time that fool just posted that load of crap
and split hes not going to come back and read any replies hes just
a narrow minded pencilneck trying to rattle your chain
Richard

Post by Richard »

Carl from Vermont wrote:Ahh you guys ,
Don't take "Richards" hook too deeply. Perhaps he's retreated back under the nearest bridge.

Please let me tell you something.
I was the one who opened the thread "crossbow vs. rifle".
1. I'm not the person who opened this thread!
2. I'm not a troll, I just wanted to have something to compare because I don't know much about the characteristics of a crossbow.
You can laugh about my silly question, I don't care.
I'm just very interested in crossbows and it seems that Excalibur builds the best of them.
The people in my thread told me so sign up and so I did. I wrote wabi a message about my motives because he was very kind and didn't offend me.
I'm from Europe and unfortunally crossbows and bows are very rare here, so how could I know much about them?
Some people in this forum are very friendly, chris for example tried to explain me how a crossbow "works".
Other people seem to be a bit paranoid.
I just don't want that everyone who is interested and ask a simple question has automatically to be a troll.

The opener of this thread is something complete different because he wrote in a crossbow forum only to talk negative about crossbows.
I didn't write something negative, I was only interested.
So please accept that there may be people out there who just don't know anything about crossbows and want to get some informations in this forum about this beautifull weapon.
Choose and be happy

Post by Choose and be happy »

Hi Falcon,

I read your post and couldn't help thinking the about the similiarity of an old testament story.
The one about the boy, his father and the donkey.

As far as weapon of choice, the debate goes on.

I too shoot recurve, compound, xbow and gun.
In my experience, my hunting buddies joke and kid about weapons.
Instinctive shooters say 'sights are for sissies'
Traditional shooters say 'cedar n feathers'
Finger shooters say 'releases are for tender paws'
Archery hunters say 'there is no challenge using guns'
Muzzle loader hunters say there is no challenge with modern gun
Shotgunners say there is no challenge using rifle.
Ground hunters say there is no challenge using a tree stand.

I also fish

I use a 17' LUND equiped with a 90 HP Yamaha, tolling motor, two fish finders and GPS.
I always have 9 rods with me and three tackle boxes.

As far as golf, my golf bag contains 14 clubs.

As far as downhill skiing, i went Parabolic.
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

When I was two my grandfather passed away. As I was his only grandchild at the time it was decided that one day I would inheirit his deer rifle, a Savage 99C in .308win. Both my parents are totaly against guns and hunting but because it was my grandfathers gun my uncle got it in under the radar. I have been reading hunting magazines from the age of 14 but was not able to hunt until 18 do to my parents being against hunting. My uncle gave me the rilfe when I was 17. He taught me everything about the rifle and the cartridge. I must have shouldered that rifle a thousand times beore I ever shot it. My first year out I got a good sized doe on the last day of the hunt.
I'm 33 years old now but for me there is nothing like hunting with that rifle. I spend more time hunting with my Vixen and I enjoy it, I would never give it up but it's not the same. I don't feel like I'm taking the easy way out when hunting with my rifle I just enjoy myself and remember being a little kid and watching Gary Cooper pumping his lever action and thinking one day that will be me. Tigerpaw loves his 45-70 and good for him. We all have our reasons. Why bash our fellow hunters. Do you think the anti's care if that animal was killed with a rifle or crossbow?
Gary in Ohio

Post by Gary in Ohio »

Wow 40 replies and over 700 views for a TROLL.

troll:
v.,n. 1. [From the Usenet group alt.folklore.urban] To
utter a posting on Usenet designed to attract predictable
responses or flames; or, the post itself. Derives from the phrase
"trolling for newbies" which in turn comes from mainstream
"trolling", a style of fishing in which one trails bait through a
likely spot hoping for a bite. The well-constructed troll is a post
that induces lots of newbies and flamers to make themselves look
even more clueless than they already do, while subtly conveying to
the more savvy and experienced that it is in fact a deliberate
troll. If you don't fall for the joke, you get to be in on it. See
also YHBT.

2. An individual who chronically trolls in sense 1;
regularly posts specious arguments, flames or personal attacks to a
newsgroup, discussion list, or in email for no other purpose than to
annoy someone or disrupt a discussion. Trolls are recognizable by
the fact that the have no real interest in learning about the topic
at hand - they simply want to utter flame bait. Like the ugly
creatures they are named after, they exhibit no redeeming
characteristics, and as such, they are recognized as a lower form of
life on the net, as in, "Oh, ignore him, he's just a troll."
Digger

Post by Digger »

Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:59 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gary

These threads are tame compared to some of the posts on the old forum between our members and trolls and gnomes we had from PBS. Some threads wre over a hundred posts long and were littered with blood and pure hate, they went at it hammer and tong. We haven't seen these so called professional bowhunters for a couple of years (thanks to a select few members as JimC, Woody Williams and others)

Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity

Post by Guest »

I thought Falcon was very polite in the way that he expressed his views. We need to be carefull. Just because we don't share his opinions we shouldn't be calling him a troll.
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

..."guest", and you are who?

We get a little skittish around here. Trolls do visit from time to time. You don't think someone who signs up the same day to say he's going back to a compound a little bizarre? C'mon.
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.