Brace Height

Post by Tman »

Good evening guys :D

Got a question for you experts. My string is moving closer to the
line that is scribed on the rail of my Exocet. Should I move it back some
or continue to watch it and not let it go past the mark :?:
Newbi

Post by Newbi »

I have done some experimenting with brace height. High and low. But for me I have found that my Exomag performs best when the string is right on the scribe mark. It seem quieter, and shot to shot is more consistant. It may be my imagination, but I've been checking this closely. I think that every bow will be just a little different, just as shooters are. Hope this helps :lol:
Digger

Post by Digger »

I have been shooting Excals for the last dozen years and have found that the ideal position for the string height has been 1/8 to 1/4 inch above the brace height line for a string that is broken in . Start your brace height at about 1/2 inch above for a new string and once it goes 1/4 inch below the line twist the string back to 1/2 inch again till till it stays 1/8 inch above the line

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

digger, you are on the money man...take the words right out of my mouth. Listen to what digger is saying! My exomag performs best just as described.
Deadeye
Blood make's the grass grow, Owh-ay!
AIROHS

Post by AIROHS »

OK Guys my MAX has two lines where should my ideal string position be after breakin ??
THANKS
signed The NewGuy
EXOMAXXED and LOVING it
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

bj wrote:the original exomax's had the traditional 1" line scribed on them...you will find now, that the latest scribed rails have one line 3/8" below and 3/8" above where the one inch mark was scribed...the new wave is that the bow will operate anywhere between these lines...for you one and 1/8th inch fanatics (like myself), you will have to get the measuring tape out, or scribe your own line...

wayne...
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

I maybe alone in this but I found that the string moved alot depending on the temp. This year I'm keeping my bow in the garage to keep it the same temp as outside.
Tman

Thanks Guys

Post by Tman »

I appreciate all the advice I get from all the members of this forum. Considering I am a Rookie I especially rely on you guys for advice. This is one awesome forum and I like the way everyone pulls togeather to help each other and support the sport of crossbow hunting and shooting. I sure hope we get to use our crossbows come archery season.
Keep your fingers crossed for us.

Good day to all :D

Post by Guest »

Bstout,

I guess you've never shot a vertical bow. I'm sure forgetting to lower your thumb can be just as painful as forgetting to lock your elbow.
After all not being aware can peel the skin right off your inner arm.......from elbow to wrist.
Camper

Post by Camper »

BSTOUT is on the money!!! I would rather my forearm be skinned then half of my thumb taken off.(a little exageration but not much)I do find the brace height changes with weather temperature. My string dropped 3/8" in a matter of a month. The string was also broken in as well so I was not expecting my arrow to be out almost a foot at 40 yards. The amazing thing is, it took me less than a minute to adjust the string and I was bang on next shot. :D :D :D I will make sure that I check the brace height next time I don't shoot my bow for a bit.

Gotta love those Excaliburs!!!

Camper
Time and Patience the best advice my Grandfather gave me.

Camper