Hello All, long time no ........ uh,... type!?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Ontario Bow Hunter

Hello All, long time no ........ uh,... type!?

Post by Ontario Bow Hunter »

Yep, been busy getting the old career train back on track. Been an interesting time since getting laid off from high tech in March. I'm back in school right now so not much time to hang out here. Hope everything is going well.

I have a question,... anyone know when or how to find out when the Eganville (up in Ontario, Canada) gun show is this year? I did a seach but nothing came up.

Cheers,
CS
BRAMEL

Post by BRAMEL »

'Eganville Gun Show'
Event Name: Eganville Gun Show
Event Start: Saturday, August 21, 2004
Event End: Sunday, August 22, 2004
Event Type: Association Event
Description: 9:30 A.M.- 3:30 P.M. More than 50 exhibitors, over 1300 ft. of displays.Come spend a day in the Jewel of the Bonnechere: Eganville, Ontario

Hope it helps.
Brad...
Exomax, Exocet Deluxe, Vixen Deluxe, Wolverine, Point Blanc Deluxe and a Parker Safari-Classic...Shhhh!...don't tell anyone.
Life is SWEEEEET!!!
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid108/p5067611991c78e94554bbb48118f8023/f93e7913.jpg[/img]
RJ not logged in

Post by RJ not logged in »

OBH : Welcome back ......
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

OBH it's been a couple of months hasn't it? What are you taking in school?
striper

Post by striper »

Welcome back, OBH. Lotsa stuff going down this summer! Striper
May your days be long and your hunts many. Pray that the God of the Bible will protect you as you go.
Ontario Bow Hunter

Post by Ontario Bow Hunter »

BRAMEL Wrote:
Hope it helps.
Brad...
That's great, couldn't ask for anything more, thanks a bunch!

Particle Wrote:
OBH it's been a couple of months hasn't it? What are you taking in school?
Yep it has been a while. It seems everytime I check in there are more new people here. That's good to see.

Well, I always said that if I was to get laid off again from high tech I would try to get out of it. Since I was laid off (again!) from JDS Uniphase in Ottawa a few months ago I decided now is the time!

So I decided to go back to school to finish a Home Inspection program which consisits of 10 different courses that covers heating, electrical, plumbing, structure, interior, etc, etc. The courses are very well done and really indepth. Once I graduate from this program I will open my own business inspecting homes or buildings for potential home buyers in the Ottawa valley. I thought since I worked in construction before starting in high tech that I had some excellent transferable skills. If it is successful (better be) I may expand the business into commercial buildings, and perhaps some speciality areas also.

Money is tight right now (by the way, HRDC, boy I could rant about these clowns! :evil: ) but if I can make a run for it from high tech and get away, it will be worth it in the long run even if I can't afford to buy that new 10 gauge for goose season this year. :( :)

Well, thanks everyone, I'm gonna take a peak around and get back to the books but I'll be back again. Take care!

Cheers,
CS