micro paronoia

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

micro paronoia

Post by longbow joe »

I remember when i was a kid i worked at a kawasaki dealer we all had motorcycles we all had 1981 gpz 550s . The regulator rectifiers were known to go bad so we all had an extra one taped under our seats because it was gonna go....got flat tires many other issues put 25ooo miles on the bike it never went bad lol. I had a dodge caravan everyones was eating transmissions mine went 200.0000 miles never needed one,granted it was still a piece of crap but the dreaded trans never went.. my point in this ramble is does any one know how many micros were made and what percent are failing . Every mechanical thing has its gremlins. I have a matrix 330 backup n im gonna shoot the sh...... out of that micro!
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Big John

Re: micro paronoia

Post by Big John »

Very good analogy.
There is "under" 2% of Micro's having
Issues. As well, not all are same issue.
Granted, some are having a problem,
And being taken care of, but they are but a
Small number.
However, this does not mean they should be
Downplayed! But, the numbers are very small.

Big John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

Off topic but I had that same '81 GPZ 550, man talk about a screamer! Rode it to the beach one year, laid it down in some rain about 50 miles from the hotel, man I was the king of cool when I came riding down the strip with gauze bandages on both knees and both elbows flapping in the gulf breeze 8) 8) Salt water + raw wounds = pain. :?

As for the Micro... I don't have one, I'm quite happy with my M380, so I can't speak from personal experience. There does appear to be limb issues with it but I can't help but think a large part of that is just with the internet you hear more about failures and negative reviews than you used to. Percentage wise it probably does not have more issues than any other bow, it's just easier to hear about them now.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

longbow joe wrote: I have a matrix 330 backup n im gonna shoot the sh...... out of that micro!
:wink:

-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

Lets all be real anything made by the Hands of man can fail period- Dosen't mean that it will but crap does happen and that again can be with or on anything man made- I too had a split in one of my brand new Matrix 380 limbs right out of the box- Heck never even shot the bow- But the good Doc Danny Miller fixed the issue- I like my 380 matrix just as I would most likely like the Miccro if I had one. It will get all worked out sooner or later Heck face it ya could have a junkie 10-point with safety issues-I say to that No thanks :lol:
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I talked to Danny Miller about this issue yesterday and he told me there has never been a time when more bows are out there and the failure numbers are still very small. There is no epidemic or imminent recall. There are problems, yes, and that stinks for those who have a problem,....but as has been said.....anything mechanical can have a problem. When we should only be pi$$ed is if the problems do not get taken care of. To my knowledge, every bow with a problem has been taken care of by the great CS we know from Excal.

Now having said all that, I plan to get at least 400 more shots on my Micro before hunting season, just to get it a little bit broken in :lol:
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
DMc

Post by DMc »

Big John wrote:...There is "under" 2% of Micro's having
Issues..
Something I think is being overlooked with this statistic is the cause of failure. It seems that most of the old failures were from misuse, such as a dry fire, or field damage. On the Micro's it appears to be an out-of-the-box failure not related to misuse.
This is a significant difference if it is true. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Also, is the 2% figure based on owners having trouble or an actual count of limbs that failed? The two numbers could be quite different.
Big John

Post by Big John »

That will have to come from Excal higher ups. :wink:
However, I believe that it is "Less than 2%" of all Micros Sold have had an issue.
I would consider the Micro an Excellent Bow right now. 8)
Remember every series of Bows made by Excal has had some issues, as with all hand made products. But, since more media is available and more bows sold now with newer models you hear about issues faster.
Not necessarily more issues, just hear about issue more.
And, anything can and is taken care of fast.

Big John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

i was shocked to read the older limbs had higher failure rates.ive had near a dozen older long limbers go through my hands and never had an issue. i had a Micro limb go sour and it was replaced and returned less than 2 weeks.i like the fact we users of forums like this talk about issues.it will set the record straight. when several of the regular forum users have similar problems it can easily lead one to think theres a bigger problem. i went through the trigger issue with the Matrix 405.the issue was brought to light by a forum member. the Micro is new and if it has growing pains so be it.its an awesome xbow and i will keep shootin it. :D
DMc

Post by DMc »

Well I just shoot an Exocet 200, that I love, so I have no pony in this race, but I am curious. If it is 2% of Micro's sold, but with many of them have gone through 2 to 3 sets of limbs, the actual number of failed limbs would be higher than the stated 2%, no?
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

nchunterkw wrote:I talked to Danny Miller about this issue yesterday and he told me there has never been a time when more bows are out there and the failure numbers are still very small. There is no epidemic or imminent recall. There are problems, yes, and that stinks for those who have a problem,....but as has been said.....anything mechanical can have a problem. When we should only be pi$$ed is if the problems do not get taken care of. To my knowledge, every bow with a problem has been taken care of by the great CS we know from Excal.

Now having said all that, I plan to get at least 400 more shots on my Micro before hunting season, just to get it a little bit broken in :lol:

THERE IS OUR ANSWER!!!!!
THANK YOU!!!!!

Norm
Normous

Post by Normous »

Don't worry, The Sky Is Not Falling!
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Normous wrote:Don't worry, The Sky Is Not Falling!
Cool, golfing today :D :D
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
Boo

Post by Boo »

Some people just like stepping on rakes
bikerbob24

Post by bikerbob24 »

Boo, that's funny....850 thru the Micro and 400+ thru the nightmare....still going strong.... :D :D
Micro 335
Nightmare 335
Matrix 330
Axiom
Vixenmaster Flemish Strings
K-9 handler and trainer , K-9 Baily my partner for 7 years, we are now retired , spending our time hunting & fishing or just enjoying life.