Whose Made A Homemade Gravity Feeder And How?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

StormDragon

Whose Made A Homemade Gravity Feeder And How?

Post by StormDragon »

Ide like to make a gravity feeder or two for the upcoming season and was wonedering who made their own and how and with what.

Thanks in advance
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
xbowrook

Re: Whose Made A Homemade Gravity Feeder And How?

Post by xbowrook »

We use 4" PVC pipe... Take a piece about 5 ft long... Glue a 45 degree Y piece at the bottom...you will have to glue a cap on the bottom ( you have to glue a small piece of PVC pipe into the bottom of the Y piece as the cap won't fit over the Y on its own)... Drill some holes in the cap for drainage in case water gets in.... Then you simply fill with corn, oats, whatever you wish through the top of the pipe... Deer will eat from the Y piece on the pipe...we use another cap for the top of the pipe to keep out the rain and little critters...must do this, as last season we had 2 raccoons get stuck in there and die...that's a smell you don't wanna walk up on
Excalibur Matrix 330 Bulldog Suppressed, 18" Diablo bolts, 100 grain Rage Crossbow X blade
CrazyAce

Post by CrazyAce »

All that and a G2 bottle cut down ... about 3/4 of the bottom of the bottle then turn it upside down tilt your new feeder so the opening is up and put that in the opening. Then fill with corn. It helps push the corn forward so the deer will get at it easier and will slow the feed rate a touch... Works great. I have 4 in the field now. Cost is about 50 to 60 for two.. 4" pipe is 12 feet long cut in half, cap, Y, and a drain grate for the bottom to let the water out. Lots of "youtube" videos on it.

And a bit o' Peanut Butter nailed to the tree at each one.. :) To get them lookin around.

J

Such as:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqEOPo47oBw <=--- the one I used with the hook Idea below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60MD-BVTe6A
-SnotRocket-
Matrix 405
DLX scope
TriggerTech 2.5#
DrStirrup rig
8ptbuk, vixenmaster, Boo Flemish String
Zombie Slayer, Executioner
Wabi Call
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....I'm gonna make me one of these....not much you have to buy...if it works for "crazy cooter" it'll work for me! :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cGBh7oCNhU

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

amythntr wrote:....I'm gonna make me one of these....not much you have to buy...if it works for "crazy cooter" it'll work for me! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks guys!

I got a few ideas now

And thanks Anthony along with a good idea I also got a good laugh which i really needed right now
Last edited by StormDragon on Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elite Synergy; Krampus
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

StormDragon wrote:
amythntr wrote:....I'm gonna make me one of these....not much you have to buy...if it works for "crazy cooter" it'll work for me! :lol: :lol: :lol:

So what did we learn from this video class?

1) Dont forget your double nuts!
2) That Ting Tinging will give them a real hard on!

LOL there was a few other good one liners in there too but those two sorta stood out the most from the others.

Thanks guys!

I got a few ideas now

....now now George this is a family show.... :shock: :shock: :lol: ...I didn't post it because of his one liners...I thought "if "crazy cooter" could make something well so can I....

I did pick up on "doubling your nuts"...and did chuckle....Maybe we can get "crazy cooter" at Boofest to put onna dermonstraation! :lol: :lol:

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

amythntr wrote:
StormDragon wrote:

So what did we learn from this video class?

1) Dont forget your double nuts!
2) That Ting Tinging will give them a real hard on!

LOL there was a few other good one liners in there too but those two sorta stood out the most from the others.

Thanks guys!

I got a few ideas now

....now now George this is a family show.... :shock: :shock: :lol: ...I didn't post it because of his one liners...I thought "if "crazy cooter" could make something well so can I....

I did pick up on "doubling your nuts"...and did chuckle....Maybe we can get "crazy cooter" at Boofest to put onna dermonstraation! :lol: :lol:

Forgot...sorry .

I just edited my earlier post. Good idea though and a good laugh to which i really needed

Elite Synergy; Krampus
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....By George, I was not being critical of your "nutty" response...it's all good and funny.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

....wonder what "crazy cooter" would charge for 3 or four of them delivered?.....possibly a case of "Mountain Dew!" :mrgreen:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Big John

Post by Big John »

I've had a few of these out there for many years now. Still as new as starting. :wink:
6"in. PVC 48"in. lg. one 45 deg. elbow at bottom, one top cap, one bottom cap drilled with about 10, 1/8"in. holes. Metal straps to trees 18"in. off ground. Deer and turkey magnets! With by-product of Coons!
Work very well !! 8)
The corn on the ground in front is from me throwing it there. Corn does not ever fall out by gravity!

http://s14.photobucket.com/user/RemExcs ... 2.jpg.html]Image

Big John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

I've made the same type with the elbow on the bottom, even with holes in the cap on the bottom the corn would get wet and would mold. Ended up cutting off the elbows and use them as simple gravity feeders. The coons and squirrels don't seem to notice the difference.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
Big John

Post by Big John »

The feeder I have built is holding 20 lbs. of whole corn at a time. It never lasts a week. So mould here is not a problem Keg! :wink:

Big John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
wabi

Post by wabi »

I took an old 30gal steel drum and cut a couple holes in the bottom. Added some concrete in the bottom sloped so corn would feed toward the holes, and some concrete for weight added to the lid so critters couldn't bump it off, and it holds 100# of corn.

wabi
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

JUSTANUFF

Post by JUSTANUFF »

Go to a plumbing contractor,,,they usually have a stockpile of OLD large cylinders(water softeners) in different sizes ,,,they work great as a feeder,,,all one has to do it paint it up and cut a hole on the bottom,,, :wink:
Good Luck in the tree!
Cub *TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Cub-Pow)
308 Short Banshee* TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Shorty)
Magnus Buzz Cuts * Mad Hornets
Gold Tip Laser II's 16.5 386grn
BE Executioners 16.5 405grn
Miller Top Quiver Mounts
Boo string
the elf

Post by the elf »

Mine is like the one in Wheelies article except I added an extra y pipe and upright feed tube--so I don't have to fill it as often .
I really like the idea of the upside down part of a soft drink bottle and I am going to try it on my Feeder.