Bitzenberger Jig with Helical Clamp....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Bitzenberger Jig with Helical Clamp....

Post by amythntr »

....Has anyone else had the issue that theBitzenberger Jig and the right helical clamp when applying 2" blazers....DOES NOT give you a helical twist but rather an offset...

....I think it has something to do with the fact that the Bitz and its related clamps were designed for 4" vanes and not the 2" variety...meaning that you really would not see the the helical twist unless the vane is longer....

....My buddy Mike (MCS) didn't believe me until he went down and looked at his arra's fletched with the 2" blazers and the Bitz....he hated to admit it but he said, "you be right!"

....well it is back to the Arizona Bolt EZ Fletch unless someone has a work around or can prove me wrong!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
8ptbuk

Re: Bitzenberger Jig with Helical Clamp....

Post by 8ptbuk »

Your right ! The Blitz was designed for longer vanes and applys the helical gradually . Where the Bolt does it rapidly .
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....for once! :lol: :lol: :lol:

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....just called Bitz and they confirmed my findings and have said they have gotten other calls rergading the same issue...they hope to have a shorter clamp fir the 2" vanes within a year!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
MCS

Post by MCS »

A day that will live in infamy. :lol:
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

Greetings. I fletched 3" vanes (Flex-Fletch, SK-300) on my bitz jig. The "God father" of fletching jigs... No problems with the clamp, or accuracy... Perfect arrows. :mrgreen:
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

jody5252 wrote:Greetings. I fletched 3" vanes (Flex-Fletch, SK-300) on my bitz jig. The "God father" of fletching jigs... No problems with the clamp, or accuracy... Perfect arrows. :mrgreen:
I agree with what you're saying 100!%. I'm also a huge Bitz and flex fletch fan. I've used a number of their products and currently sport their FLP 1.87's on my vertical 3D set up and LOVE and highly recommend their Zing primer. However, even though the Bitz gives you perfect arrows it cannot match the accuracy of the extreme helical that the Arizona Rim E-Z Fletch Bolt offers up. As soon as you attach broadheads the Bolt gives unsurpassed accuracy shining brighter the further out you're shooting. This became very evident when I was testing offset vs extreme helical arrows side by side at the range one day. Frankly, I was shocked by my findings. The bolt also offers the added benefit of being able to replace one or two fletchings while maintaining perfect alignment and symmetry. Something almost impossible to achieve with the Bitz. And I say this being a huge bitzenberger fan. I've also gone to the Arizona Rim Mini Fletcher for my 3D set up with excellent results. That's just my opinion according to my findings though. I should also add that I haven't been able to test my helicals beyond 65yards yet, something I hope to remedy and report back on soon.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I've never seen ANYTHING that puts the amount of helical on vanes as the BOLT. The first arrow you do , you will think something went wrong! It is drastic, but the arrows sure fly well! :D
DeathMerchant

Post by DeathMerchant »

So what methods are you guys using to fletch bolts with flat base nocks on a Bitz?? I've read where people have problems using the Bitz crossbow bolt receiver.
Matrix 380 Blackout
HHA Optimizer Speed Dial, Air Brakes, DR Kit, TriggerTech SS
Vixen II (Wifes)
Semper Fi
Talltines

Post by Talltines »

I hate my bitz. What a waste of money for me. Arizona all the way. Love them
Scorpyd SLP 165. For now but not for long
New Matrix 405

T/C Encore's MGM 14" 445 supermag
Gary Reeder 16" 41 GNR #2 Encore
Hobie Outback for hitting the Salt.

Too many hobbies and never enough time
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

My Bitz is probably over 30 years old and is still a fine fletching machine for everything except my Xbow bolts.. Even with the Xbow nock receiver for the Bitz and adjusting the clamp, it cannot match the helical that the Bolt puts on the arrows. The Bitz was just not designed for it back them.
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

GrassyKnoll wrote:My Bitz is probably over 30 years old and is still a fine fletching machine for everything except my Xbow bolts.. Even with the Xbow nock receiver for the Bitz and adjusting the clamp, it cannot match the helical that the Bolt puts on the arrows. The Bitz was just not designed for it back them.
....that is absolutely correct Ed...and this was confirmed by talking to Bitz themselves....at first they said the helical clamp does put a helical on the 2" blazers...but after a little bit of prodding the gentleman agreed it does not ...the 2" is just too short for the helical to kick in....he admitted others have called to complain saying the clamp only puts an offset on the 2" blazers...

....they told me they might be designing a 2" clamp...but that would probably be a couple of years out!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

8ptbuk wrote:Your right ! The Blitz was designed for longer vanes and applys the helical gradually . Where the Bolt does it rapidly .
It was designed long enough ago, that it was designed for feathers! Makes a barred wing feather look COOOOOOL! :D
As said above it is the King of fletching jigs, but the speed of using the Bolt, and the results won me over.
michigan man

Post by michigan man »

DeathMerchant wrote:So what methods are you guys using to fletch bolts with flat base nocks on a Bitz?? I've read where people have problems using the Bitz cr
ossbow bolt receiver.
I cut the head off a 8x32 screw and glued into an Easton Super nock. Screws right into your aluminum nock. If you have plastic or Lumenoks, pull them out and put in a temporary aluminum nock. 2016 or 2113 will work but you have to put some plastic around them to take up the space. My arrows are BEE's.
Micro 335, Leupold VX3 1.5X5, 16" BEE"S, Lumenok, 100 grain Swhacker, 100 grain Wac-Em
IroquoisArcher

Post by IroquoisArcher »

X2 on the bolt and insert combo.
Question that may be stupid (as haven't fletched any bolts with helical) but if it is a severe helical won't that have at least the vane in the track to be interfered with? Or does the helical cause it to recover quickly enough or doesn't it effect it at all?? :?: