15 inch arrows from micro

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Rufus

15 inch arrows from micro

Post by Rufus »

Is anyone shooting 15" arrows from there micro with no added incert weight up front
xcaliber

Re: 15 inch arrows from micro

Post by xcaliber »

If you're talking about the stock Quills, I would be a bit worried unless you are using 150 grain points / heads minimum. I shot 15" from mine with 92 grains in the front, and 100 grain heads just fine. I think the FOC will be too low, and the short bolt will be a bit squirrely past 30 yards.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

I'm currently shooting 15 1/2" Black Eagle Executioners with 110 Gr brass inserts and 100 Gr points/broadheads in the front with 39 Gr Nufletch Ignitors and Blazer Vanes in the back (total weight roughly 405 Gr) and so far so good with field points out to 40 yards off of my Bog Pod Tripod.

I'm gonna try again soon off both my tripod and Harris Bipod to see how things go, Esp since I just put a new flemish on. Gonna also try a few 100 Gr Grim Reapers Xbow Razortips and see how things go (both banded and non banded)
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Thanks guys I am cutting some to 15" and try so I can keep them from sticking so far out in front , I am going to try with 150gr head first and factory incerts
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....i am shooting:

15" ZS or BEE,
80G Brass insert
100g FT/BH
Ignitors in Caboose
Blazers

374g,
16.8 FOC

.....remember 350 is the minimum grain weight for a completed missle!

shoots very well off of a bench rest....now me freehand that's another story :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings