Rail Depth - Micro

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

nchunterkw

Rail Depth - Micro

Post by nchunterkw »

I'm looking at some new feathers and wondered if anyone had the actual depth of the channel? And also how far a 0.300" OD arrow drops into the channel? Looking for a max ht. the feathers can be.

Thanks
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
awshucks

Re: Rail Depth - Micro

Post by awshucks »

Dunno, but I'd guess they are cutting the Micro rails out of same stock they've used forever???
"Eze 18:21"
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

If I really wanted to know if they would clear , I would fletch a short piece of arrow and lay it in the track ( Xbow uncocked ) and shine a light up the track from the stirrup and you could probably tell if they will clear .
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
SEC-ond 2 none

Post by SEC-ond 2 none »

nchunterkw wrote:I'm looking at some new feathers and wondered if anyone had the actual depth of the channel? And also how far a 0.300" OD arrow drops into the channel? Looking for a max ht. the feathers can be.

Thanks
I just measured the rail depth of my m380 with RCBS caliper, directly in front of the hold down spring. Average depth was 0.6475. Ferathers will compress more than plastic fletch without effecting accuracy imho with no reflection upon anyone else's findings. I couldn't get an accurate measurement of arrow drop in channel. I'm to shaky and nervous. Thanks.

Happy Trails
Stephen
Matrix 380
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Thanks everyone. I have some samples coming in so I will be able to check for sure. I think I'll be OK as they say they are the same as the Rayzr feathers I use now, but I saw some pics showing they are bigger. To be sure I'll have to wait for the samples I guess.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><