outdoor life micro test

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

outdoor life micro test

Post by longbow joe »

Anybody catch the aug. Outdoorlife crossbow tests . They claim the micro chronoed 308.64 and has a 4lb 2 oz trigger wonder what happened there! Wonder if they were shootin a decocking arrer! Dont shoot the messinger just saw it i got one too. However it was praised for its stock
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Hester0305

Re: outdoor life micro test

Post by Hester0305 »

The Micro I had was the Nightmare which I was told was faster than the Camo ones, and it was mine chronoed in at 346 and 347 fps with a 350 gr. arrow. These Micros are pretty fast a lot faster than that advertised speed.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
XcaliburFX

Post by XcaliburFX »

Hester0305 wrote:The Micro I had was the Nightmare which I was told was faster than the Camo ones, and it was mine chronoed in at 346 and 347 fps with a 350 gr. arrow. These Micros are pretty fast a lot faster than that advertised speed.
X2

341 fps out of the box with my Nightmare.
Assassin 360 Strata
BEA Zombie Slayer - BEA Executioner
Boo/VixenMaster/Xcaliber/NCHunterKW Strings
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

I have not seen that review yet but those speeds are way off. Did they mention what weight arrows they were shooting? Sometimes magazines will shoot one arrow, normally heavy for the compound crossbow models so the recurve is penalized. I would also like to know how they measured the trigger pull, our scales don't show a pull of 4 lbs.

I could tell you stories about how some magazines do crossbow comparisons, lets just say not all magazine tests are created equal.
Big John

Post by Big John »

My Micro is shooting 408 gr. arrows at 328 FPS. With that weight arrow from that bow is amazing!!! My arrows, same weight as my Bud Al's arrows, sink in 3"in. farther into the target than his, coming from his Matrix 355!
Amazing as Al says!!! :shock: :lol:
This Micro is proving to be a Sweet Little Toy!!! 8)

Big John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

My YouTube review of the micro 335 has over 14000 views , 44 likes and not one dislike. And that is not because it's a slick production or because I look like a young brad Pitt. It's because the public realizes the micro is a great step forward in crossbow technology. I have found YouTube reviews much more informative and have seen every Excalibur , mission, and scorpyd crossbow related YouTube video.i don't know one person who actually subscribes to outdoor life anymore anyhow.
Norm
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

This Micro is proving to be a Sweet Little Toy!!! 8)
Thanks John! :D

I actually just ran more warranty numbers on the Micro and it is proving to be the most trouble free model to date with under 1% warranty concerns which is crazy good. The rest of our models also do very well and many of you know how durable all Excalibur models are. The Micro just hits a new mark for reliability. Our design team is second to none and they have really worked hard on our new products!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

They did not mention arrow type. I readcrossbow revolution tests on vacation they get 324fps 3.o8 trigger that at least seams realistic again no one mentions arrow type .i think these magazines just wing this stuff anyway just to get it done not fair
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
bobcat

Post by bobcat »

why would a nightmare be faster than the camo?
bubba

Post by bubba »

It's only in the minds of the owners.................
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
knife2sharp

Post by knife2sharp »

I have a camo one and shoot the stock quills and 150gr field points. I didn't crono mine, but the speed setting on my Tact Zone is set dead on 300fps. When I brought it in to the pro shop to have air brakes installed they questioned it too.
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

bobcat wrote:why would a nightmare be faster than the camo?
I wish I could answer that one I was told the process is different with baking the paint on the limbs. I bought mine from George when he and Danny Miller split a batch of Micros to sell. He said he was testing both of them and the nightmare was almost aways faster. He asked me to chrono mine when I got it so I did and sent him the results. Either way no one will know the difference of 8-10 fps either way in arrow trajectory to make much difference as fast as these Micros shoot.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
xbowrook

Post by xbowrook »

coolhl wrote:My YouTube review of the micro 335 has over 14000 views , 44 likes and not one dislike. And that is not because it's a slick production or because I look like a young brad Pitt. It's because the public realizes the micro is a great step forward in crossbow technology. I have found YouTube reviews much more informative and have seen every Excalibur , mission, and scorpyd crossbow related YouTube video.i don't know one person who actually subscribes to outdoor life anymore anyhow.
Norm
I would like to watch it, I love watching reviews on excels.. what is the link?
Excalibur Matrix 330 Bulldog Suppressed, 18" Diablo bolts, 100 grain Rage Crossbow X blade
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

xbowrook

Post by xbowrook »

I have watched your review before actually, very good review.. man, hard to believe how quiet those micro's are.. sure is a nice xbow..
Excalibur Matrix 330 Bulldog Suppressed, 18" Diablo bolts, 100 grain Rage Crossbow X blade