Matrix Grizzly with metal sling / bipod Stud

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

chuckinator

Matrix Grizzly with metal sling / bipod Stud

Post by chuckinator »

I just received my first Xbow, a Matrix Grizzly. Nice bow for the money,and shoots excellent. I love my new bow. The only thing I was disappointed with was the front plastic stud to hold a sling or a bipod. I attached my Harris bipod and it broke while tightening the bipod to the stud. I removed most of three plastic stud and after careful measurements I installed a 1/2 metal stud right where the plastic stud had been.
It's been working great and I can still attach my sling to the bottom of the bipod. Maybe many of u have done this but it was new to me and thought I'd share. Don
I've attached a couple pics
bubba

Re: Matrix Grizzly with metal sling / bipod Stud

Post by bubba »

I had a about the same thing happen to me with my Ibex, i use a Harris bi-pod attached to the sling swivel when i'm adjusting my scope, for a rock solid rest. And the plastic stud chipped off, i wasn't happy . Any way bought me a set of screw in steel studs online, sanded down the broken plastic one on the S.M.F. rail, drilled a hole one size smaller than the stud, and screwed the steel one in.And have had 0 issues since then. But i can't help to look at the rear sling stud from time to time, since it's also plastic. So you are not alone my friend. And we both came up with the same fix... See Yaa..
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
chuckinator

Post by chuckinator »

I tried to post 2 pics but it was fustrating and tried as I might, I gave up! I did exactly as you did.
"Adapt, Overcome and Prevail"
bubba

Post by bubba »

Ya, I'm pretty sure you need 20 or so posts? Not sure of the exact # before you can post pictures, but your time will come. Any how welcome to the forum.. And congrats on your new bow.. Look forward to your future post's ........
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Chuckinator...use photobucket or some other equivalent to post, easy peasy. It's the bottom of [4] url's, just turn it blue and copy it, paste where you want it..... :mrgreen:
"Eze 18:21"
chuckinator

Post by chuckinator »

Thanks guys! Bottom of what 4 ulr? I'm not real say on this stuff.
bubba

Post by bubba »

Don't ask me friend.. I've been on the forum over a year.. I never could figure it out. Gave up..
Tom

Post by Tom »

chuckinator wrote:Thanks guys! Bottom of what 4 ulr? I'm not real say on this stuff.
You need to host the picture on another "hosting" site like "Photobucket" . Once it is hosted there, you can copy then paste (internet location) the picture can then be seen here.

Currently this site does not host pictures like some other sites do. I believe what Awshucks was saying is that in Photobucket , there will be 4 url windows to the right of your picture, copy and past the 4th into where you want it (your thread)

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
chuckinator

Post by chuckinator »

Thanks Tom