Extending string life on Matrix 405 MEGA

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Gamikatsu

Extending string life on Matrix 405 MEGA

Post by Gamikatsu »

hello,

I just had to (well probably didn't have to but...) replace the string on my Matrix 405. has less than 20 shots on it. the string has stretched to the point where if i remove it it instantly twists up like a pretzel. the serving was starting to seperate on the loops at the end. I emailed Excalibur warrenty and they sent me a new string under warranty. Awesome. I just installed the new string and set the brace height pretty high so it will stretch in over the next few days. after a few days i'll re adjust brace height and take it out shooting.

Is there a way, to extend the service life of this string OTHER than removing it and leaving the bow unstrung over the summer? thats not a difficult task but i'd hate to have to put a new string on every year just because it stretches too much.

Thanks!!!
Ed.
GAMIKATSU///Edward

Excalibur MEGA 405
440 GN BE Zombie Slayer
379 FPS over prochrono digital
140 Foot Lbs Kinetic Energy
Deaf jeff

Re: Extending string life on Matrix 405 MEGA

Post by Deaf jeff »

twist it counter clockwise to shorten it up. I would not think the stretching would be cause for replacing it lots of experts on this forum so I am sure someone with more knowledge will chime in
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Hi Gami., you should get a lot more shooting on that string. Things to do:
1. Set brace height to just over a quarter inch between the string and bumpers
2. Pull the rubber bumpers off and make sure the metal mounts they sit on is are a half ball not a full ball. If it is a full ball remove both metal pieces by backing off the set screws on the underside and cut on file the round ball in half so you have an air pocket between the rubber and the bracket.
3. When you're not using the bow leave the cocking aid hooked up so if the string stretches it can't hit the reds.
***The stock string is fine but eventually you may want to switch to a Flemish string. Try Danny Miller and I recommend buying two so you have an identical backup.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Gamikatsu

Post by Gamikatsu »

FYI, the new string they sent me for Warranty, has not moved at all. I set brace height and put a piece of masking tape so i could check it. as far as i can tell it hasn't moved at all. which is suprising as before after a few days it was very noticable. I guess i plan to store this bow in the off season unstrung. but we will see!

Ed
GAMIKATSU///Edward

Excalibur MEGA 405
440 GN BE Zombie Slayer
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

FYI, the new string they sent me for Warranty, has not moved at all.
Came from Danny Miller. Call him and ask your ??'s....[740]483-2312.

Grab a cup 1st, lol.
"Eze 18:21"
Gamikatsu

Post by Gamikatsu »

you know shucks... i knew that. I should have called him long ago and it completely skipped my mind!!! Fishing season is in full swing here, and the flathead cats are getting bigger so that has my attention. Thank you for that advice! i really do appreciate it!
GAMIKATSU///Edward

Excalibur MEGA 405
440 GN BE Zombie Slayer