Sneak peak...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

strum

Re: Sneak peak...

Post by strum »

I like everything about what I see except.. when im in a tree i usually hang my bow from the stirrup on a hook.. is this still possible?
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Dale

Post by Dale »

Neat, cool idea. But the feet? Just kidding, thanks for sharing
Exomax
Easton 2219 bolts
150 grain Bolt cutters
Outback

Post by Outback »

strum wrote:I like everything about what I see except.. when im in a tree i usually hang my bow from the stirrup on a hook.. is this still possible?
I have an idea for that but can't explain properly. I will try it and then take a few pics. Don't know how to post pics but will giv'er a go.

outback
Outback

Post by Outback »

My boy's and I had the new product installed on our bows as well. I like how it feels. I have found it easier to pull the string a cock the bow with less stress to the shoulders and lower back. My Equinox chrono speeds where 309fps pre and 309fps post installation. A quick string change to a used Comfybear string and my speed increased to 316fps. I noticed a quieter shooting bow with the limb dampers on. I have yet to install the bumpers as they will not mount on the STS mounts, need to be the Excaliber mounts. No ringing sound from the aluminium stirrup as the Dr Stirrup is a composite. I really like the arrow tip guard ( be it field point or broadhead). Have yet to go wandering through the bush or corn fields to check this feature out.

It takes some getting used to but this happens with any product. I have found that having a little extra in the midsection area of the body will take some fine tuning. This because I now stand directly over the bow while loading as opposed to being off to the side.

My 13yr old Mickey Mayhem absolutely loves this system as he can now load his Vixen with ease. He's not an overly big kid. He can get both feet firmly planted on the stirrup and pull without the fear that his foot will slip out of the old aluminium stirrup (has happened and hit his face with the butt stock). He can load the bow from a seated position with ease.His bow chronoed at 246fps pre and 246fps post installation. A noticeable quieter bow with the limb dampers however there is no bumper mount available for a Vixen of this vintage. He like the fact that now when bench shooting or sighting in the stirrup acts as a rest so the bow is " dead nuts steady".

I would like to publicly thank Gaston and his crew for their demonstration, time and installing this innovative new product on our bows. I wish him well with this business venture and believe this product will enhance the crossbow shooting experience.

outback
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

xcaliber wrote:Can someone post a link to buy one of these please? Looks like a very nice addition!

the website.....
https://www.drstirrup.com/home
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
bubba

Post by bubba »

Wow. Interesting.. The more i look at it the more i like it..The bumpers and the cocker really gets most of my interest, not sure about the stirrup and limb things. But who knows the reviews might sway me.....
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

strum wrote:I like everything about what I see except.. when im in a tree i usually hang my bow from the stirrup on a hook.. is this still possible?
Mine is hanging on its hook downstairs by the munchmount. Works!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

Looks like a very cool winning combination....
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I've been cocking my xbow the same way for 10 years. It's become a reflex! LOL So initially this new stirrup and the new cocking aid felt awkward and unfamiliar.

It felt much like the very first time I ever cocked my xbow. So I know that with a bit of shooting this will become just as familiar and comfortable as my xbow was before. Ergonomically it should be better, actually!

I always cocked my bow with the stock alongside my leg and hip. With this new stirrup I initially found my belly got in the way. :oops: However I found that I could easily stand with my feet wider apart - further towards the ends of the new "stirrup " which let me angle the stock to the side and also provided a wider base of support.

The leg I use to cock my bow with the old stirrup has an unrepaired knee which keeps me awake at night after 3D tournaments. I'm thinking that cocking with both feet on the new stirrup will help alleviate that.

I especially LOVE that it will make it easier for women and youth to cock the bows. That inability to pull the rope that last intense inch up the rail has discouraged some potential xbow shooters and if this helps to overcome that issue I'm excited!

Overall I'm extremely impressed! Much thought went into the design of each of the components. The ergonomics should make a big difference!
Last edited by VixChix on Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:35 am, edited 4 times in total.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

Just checked out the site and very nice to say the least except no prices yet. Also, do the bumpers have posts like danny miller's baby bumpers or no and if not, how do you mount/attach them to the riser?

That and the limb do hickeys...do they just slide down the limbs and stop or?
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

StormDragon wrote: That and the limb do hickeys...do they just slide down the limbs and stop or?
I can't respond to the string stoppers as they wouldn't fit onto my old riser. :(

The limb vibration dampeners just slide over the limb (take the string off to install). They recommended installing them where the limb doesn't flex for minimal impact on speed.

Incidentally, the stirrup also has several similar dampeners installed on it as well, to help absorb any potential vibration.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Dale wrote:Neat, cool idea. But the feet? Just kidding, thanks for sharing
:lol: :lol: :lol: Those are my toesies. LOL

I'd taken some quick photos to share with Laura (lscha) who I thought might benefit from the system. So when Tim said he wanted to get some photos I told him to just use mine.

So.... those aren't Tim's twinkletoes.... this time... :mrgreen:
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Only gripe..... If you take your bow down to case it, it may not go in a case. I know it won't go back in to the box the bow came in. And....... Taking the new DrStirrup off takes different wrenches than the Allens that the stock now used.

Post by newbie »

The bumpers require stock excalibur posts they will NOT work with Danny Miller posts. They need the ball style.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

A good question, plus I also use a rope with a safety hook attached to the stirrup to haul my bow up to my tree stand.

Great to see some Boyz from my neck of the woods coming up with this set up, I hope they do well.

Are these guys members here????

*I just checked out the website, I should had known Boo has his fingers in this lol
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone