Sneak peak...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Re: Sneak peak...

Post by amythntr »

....I am not yet sold on this setup...I will however give it an honest try...meaning most likely they will stay on my two bow's for this hunting season. I know a great deal of thought has gone into this modification and it does have many positives to it...I love the cocking rope and the fact that now my bow stands up on hard pavement...

....It is very easy to criticize something new...but having met Gaston and seeing how hard he has worked to put this together I am going to give it 150% before coming to a decision.

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
strum

Post by strum »

This looks very promising and after reading the info on the web site i can see Gaston has put a lot of thought into his products.
I see quiet a very thinks i really like .
One thing thats cool is the way it lets you hold it steady on a shooting bench.
All the silencing stuff looks very well made and if it does what he says then he will have no problem selling. Those limb thing should work on most xbows.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

For the silencers they only mention the Micro and Matrix, are the limbs on these models much different in width than the older models like my Exocet 200
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Outback

Post by Outback »

Bullzeye wrote:For the silencers they only mention the Micro and Matrix, are the limbs on these models much different in width than the older models like my Exocet 200
We have them installed on my Equinox and my boy's Vixen. I'm thinking it may have taken some of the noise out. Going to experiment with them a bit.

Maybe just an over sight as lasterday when I checked the site it read still under construction.

outback
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

I brought this kit home from Boofest to install on my 380. Haven't had time to do the install but I have tried the rope cocker. It's BAD ASS. Don't exactly understand all the physics behind it,but it really makes cocking the bow much easier. It will now be my cocker of choice.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

Gaston mentioned to me that my top-mount quiver bracket contributes to noise. Has anyone here noticed more noise with their top-mounts?
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
TPM

Post by TPM »

Anything that can vibrate can potentially cause noise but I've had both Ground pounder and Munch mounts on my bow and I can't say I've experienced any dicernable increase in noise with either of them. I think the arrow retainer spring is one of the biggest culprits for noise.
I think if you're trying to reduce noise in your bow you have to look at controlling two aspects, things that vibrate and things that make them vibrate.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

ninepointer wrote:Gaston mentioned to me that my top-mount quiver bracket contributes to noise. Has anyone here noticed more noise with their top-mounts?
I can't say that I have but I also but limbsaver strips on the bottom of both sides and a piece on the nose on top. I also took a piece of double faced tape and put it between the mount and quiver attachment mount itself to act as a vibration dampener.
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

...just curious, for those of us at Boofest who received the Dr Stirrup set up....tonight I installed the string bumpers...Hence my query:

...I thought that the bumpers do not work with Danny Miller's BBBB's?...When I tried to remove the rubber from the original REDS I was confronted a "ball" on which it seems virtually impossible to put Dr. Stirrup's bumper on. It does fit nicely on Danny Miller's post and it appears to be snug enough and the brace height appears OK...

...can someone chime in on this ?

Thanks,

PS: I am referring to the setup on the 380!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

oops
Last edited by flightattendant100 on Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

amythntr wrote:...just curious, for those of us at Boofest who received the Dr Stirrup set up....tonight I installed the string bumpers...Hence my query:

...I thought that the bumpers do not work with Danny Miller's BBBB's?...When I tried to remove the rubber from the original REDS I was confronted a "ball" on which it seems virtually impossible to put Dr. Stirrup's bumper on. It does fit nicely on Danny Miller's post and it appears to be snug enough and the brace height appears OK...

Thanks,

Anthony, just try a little lube ( spit on it ) From your WAY SOUTHERN redneck padna :lol:

Post by newbie »

amythntr wrote:...just curious, for those of us at Boofest who received the Dr Stirrup set up....tonight I installed the string bumpers...Hence my query:

Thanks,

Anthony they will go on but not work as they are designed. there is a big cavity inside designed like air bag when used on the ball type posts. Using them on Danny post will defeat there purpose. Also the string needs to rest up again st them with no gap.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
SEW

Post by SEW »

TPM wrote:. I think the arrow retainer spring is one of the biggest culprits for noise.
I have a M380 & M405 and have gone to considerable lengths to quieten as much as practical. Boo's web site and his own personal advice helped immensely.
Nothing helped as much as bending the arrow retaining spring upward as much as possible while yet retaining enough tension to retain the arrow. Shrink wrap covers nearly all the spring and an additional layer of shrink wrap is on the last 2". This greatly reduced noise.
tremps01

Post by tremps01 »

Just to complete some information about the breaking weight The stirrup lifted over 900 pounds and the hook over 700.
:wink:

Marcel
Micro suppressor 355
Boo string force 10.
Drstirrup complete kit.
Marcel
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

newbie wrote:

Thanks,

Anthony they will go on but not work as they are designed. there is a big cavity inside designed like air bag when used on the ball type posts. Using them on Danny post will defeat there purpose. Also the string needs to rest up again st them with no gap.
....Mike, I tried again this morning...short of me tearing my rotator cuff totally there is no way the bumper can go on the original "ball" head...HELP for suggestions!!!

....should I try dremeling out the bumper slightly?

Anthony :oops: :cry:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings