quiver set up

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bobcat

quiver set up

Post by bobcat »

my micro came with the standard side mount. i see lots of guys with a top mount. im thinking of putting the range finder mount on my scope. will the top mounts still work or will they be in each others way?
also does anyone carry their arrows in a hip quiver? im not sure i want one on the bow at all.
hankenhunter

Re: quiver set up

Post by hankenhunter »

I didn't like the extra weight for walk and stalking so I opted for a hip quiver.
Hank
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I have a top mount because I hated sitting my bow down on the ground on top of the arrows, and also having the arrows rubbing on me when I carry it with a sling.

As soon as I get up in my tree stand I take the quiver off and hang it on a hook on the tree.

As for the range finder I would never mount anything to my scopes, but that's just me.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

I have used both a hip quiver and a top mount; anything other than the stock under-mount. I'm not a fan of the stock setup at all.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Gamikatsu

Post by Gamikatsu »

when i had my vortex, stalking wild hogs in GA, I used to mount my quiver to my backpack. Never tried the range finder mount. I also feel the stock quiver mounting is..... irritating!
GAMIKATSU///Edward

Excalibur MEGA 405
440 GN BE Zombie Slayer
379 FPS over prochrono digital
140 Foot Lbs Kinetic Energy
bubba

Post by bubba »

Give me the hip quiver any day. The less on my crossbow the better..
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

I too prefer no quiver or bracket on my bow. What I did or do is take the receiver "female" not bracket arm. Using the hardware for the quiver assembly I attached the receiver to my shoulder strap on my carry bag can be done on a fanny pack also. Two small holes using the two screws and cap nuts provided and your good. Bow is quiver and bracket free! Works well...
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
kd8jgu

Post by kd8jgu »

I am using the top mount now
Converted the regular quiver mount for my hunting light
May my aim be true and my arrow fly straight

Micro 335 (Porky's Piglet)
Stock string
Quill
125 grain ACTs/Boltcutters

MagAir
Stock string
Quill
125 ACTs/Boltcutters
Chefrific

Post by Chefrific »

I have the Munch mount (top mount) for my vortex as well as the rangefinder mounted to my scope. It works. It's convenient to have your rangefinder always up and ready. However, my safety harness has a little attachment point that I plan on tying my rangefinder to with a little string when hunting with my micro.
I usually just range different spots when I get to the stand anyway, so having it ready isn't always necessary.
As far as my micro. I removed the standard quiver mount and switched it out for the Excalibur dove tail quick release quiver mount. That way I do not have that attachment jutting out from the side of my bow. And only RARELY attach my quiver to the bow. Usually carry it on my backpack and attach it to the tree when I get to my stand.

Here's my vortex with the munch mount and rangefinder attached.

-2019 Assassin 420
-2015 Micro 335 RTX
-2013 Vortex
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

Shaped a small piece of wood to fit on the riser of my 355. Painted it black then bolted it on. I then screwed a Kwikee quiver bracket to it, then attached my Kwikee quiver. Usually carry crossbow over my shoulder with the buttstock in hand. Got the idea off this forum, can not remember who, but I like it a lot.
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

I use a Danny Miller top mount so my arrows don't get damaged when I sling my bow. I always remove my quiver after I get in my stand.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I carry a backpack all the time and do not sling my bow. Quiver goes in the pack. I do keep the mount on the bow though for some reason. Quiver is rarely attached to it.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><