finding a critter in your blind

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

Re: finding a critter in your blind

Post by longbow joe »

Actually the time i screamed like a girl anthony was the time i was walking thru the woods in the dark n i stepped on top of a full size plastic babies head.thats a story in its self!
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

longbow joe wrote:Actually the time i screamed like a girl anthony was the time i was walking thru the woods in the dark n i stepped on top of a full size plastic babies head.thats a story in its self!
lol scary :shock:
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

Some good ones ^^^^ guys...

How about an ice fishing tent? Same as a blind right. Ice fishing for rainbows one fine day.......the benefit of using a purpose made ice fishing tent is that you can have it dark inside by covering the windows......this enables you too see deep into the water column, depending on the water depth, you can see the bottom and all the fish in between. So when doing this, you tend to fish right over the hole looking into it. Well, this particular day :shock: I was looking down the hole, watching my bait, seeing right down to the bottom............and something came across the hole darkening it, and right up through it! A muskrat! A mere two feet from my face! Well didn't that wake me up like a lightning bolt struck me. Darn critter just came up for some air and disappeared like it never happened.

North of Flin Flon Manitoba bear hunting. Wow, there are lots of bears there, still miles from my stand, driving, I see them like I see deer in fields down south. Finally approaching my stand on foot, I run into three bears, a surprise encounter, the four of us are sizing up the situation, I lock onto the big one and think I have a shot with my bow, but he hustles off with no opportunity for a shot, another one runs away and the third one climbs the tree that my stand is in, and sits in it, glowering at me. I'm just awestruck at the speed the bear got into my stand and how comical the situation is.........the bear is in my stand, sizing me up on the ground. Well, the rest of this story is really uneventful.........he scurried down the tree and away from me even faster than he went up.
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

ehntr wrote:Some good ones ^^^^ guys...

How about an ice fishing tent? Same as a blind right. Ice fishing for rainbows one fine day.......the benefit of using a purpose made ice fishing tent is that you can have it dark inside by covering the windows......this enables you too see deep into the water column, depending on the water depth, you can see the bottom and all the fish in between. So when doing this, you tend to fish right over the hole looking into it. Well, this particular day :shock: I was looking down the hole, watching my bait, seeing right down to the bottom............and something came across the hole darkening it, and right up through it! A muskrat! A mere two feet from my face! Well didn't that wake me up like a lightning bolt struck me. Darn critter just came up for some air and disappeared like it never happened.

North of Flin Flon Manitoba bear hunting. Wow, there are lots of bears there, still miles from my stand, driving, I see them like I see deer in fields down south. Finally approaching my stand on foot, I run into three bears, a surprise encounter, the four of us are sizing up the situation, I lock onto the big one and think I have a shot with my bow, but he hustles off with no opportunity for a shot, another one runs away and the third one climbs the tree that my stand is in, and sits in it, glowering at me. I'm just awestruck at the speed the bear got into my stand and how comical the situation is.........the bear is in my stand, sizing me up on the ground. Well, the rest of this story is really uneventful.........he scurried down the tree and away from me even faster than he went up.
....but did the bear leave you a present on your seat? :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Chefrific

Post by Chefrific »

Oh I've had a few uninvited guests while hunting out of my blind. Two years ago I had a fox pup try to get in with me. Wild encounter that was.
A year ago while my wife and I were turkey hunting, we had a copperhead enter the blind with us. I was wearing snake boots and all it took was some vigorous stomping and it promptly went away.
This past turkey season I had another snake enter the blind (harmless black racer). I also had a stray mix breed puppy run up to my blind as I was calling for turkey.
-2019 Assassin 420
-2015 Micro 335 RTX
-2013 Vortex