380 Arrow Holder Question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Livtahunt

380 Arrow Holder Question

Post by Livtahunt »

The part of the bow that puts pressure on the arrow looks a little off on my 380. Just put it together and noticed it. It looks like there is a bend in it when looking at it from the side, can remember if my Equinox was like this or not. Is this normal? Then when looking at the bow from above it looks like it is slightly bent to the left. Thought I would ask here with pictures before calling Danny and trying to describe it over the phone. If this looks normal I will just tighten things down and get ready to shoot. Appreciate it.
http://s537.photobucket.com/user/ktgjsm ... C.jpg.html]Image[/URL]

http://s537.photobucket.com/user/ktgjsm ... 0.jpg.html]Image[/URL]
Exomax, Equinox, Matrix 380 and now a Scorpyd Aculeus
paulaboutform

Re: 380 Arrow Holder Question

Post by paulaboutform »

I don't think that looks like a problem. Try manipulating it manually but I think you're okay. Maybe a couple inches of heat shrink on the front and you're good to go. As long as it's holding the arrow with some downward pressure, great. That's my take anyway. :wink:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

I'm not home or I would compare yours to my 380 . What I noticed was its not setting center of the rail when looking down on it from the top , Don't know if it will matter bit would look much better straitened up .
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
bubba

Post by bubba »

From the above shot it looks bent to me.. If i couldn't correct it my self i'd give Danny a call and have a replacement sent. Could not stand it, if it were my bow...
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Bones

Post by Bones »

I'm more curious to the finish on the barrel and why it has a similar solid black micro like stalk colour, not the carbon fibre look as the 380 blackout ? But compared to my 380 the retainer does look to have an extra bend in the middle.
Boo

Post by Boo »

bubba wrote:From the above shot it looks bent to me
Like the rope cocker was pulled over top of the arrow retainer. Tension on that retainer is ultra important.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Mine was like that. Grab it towards the top both hands..fingers and pull it towards the side you want it .go easy theres a rubber pad it should move that small amount. Otherwise yoy gotta take it apart.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Livtahunt

Post by Livtahunt »

Bones wrote:I'm more curious to the finish on the barrel and why it has a similar solid black micro like stalk colour, not the carbon fibre look as the 380 blackout ? But compared to my 380 the retainer does look to have an extra bend in the middle.
I made a post about this last week but didn't get any replies. From what I can tell Excalibur changed the paint job on the 2015 black outs, from carbon fiber looking to solid flat black. Only thing on the bow that looks carbon fiber is the cheek piece.
Livtahunt

Post by Livtahunt »

bubba wrote:From the above shot it looks bent to me.. If i couldn't correct it my self i'd give Danny a call and have a replacement sent. Could not stand it, if it were my bow...
Called Danny, he's on vacation this week so I will get a hold of him next week.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I can tell you the distance 'off the rail' you want is 5/16". I'd try tweaking it to the right w/ a Crescent wrench placed up high and then just bend it up a tad.
"Eze 18:21"
bubba

Post by bubba »

awshucks wrote:I can tell you the distance 'off the rail' you want is 5/16". I'd try tweaking it to the right w/ a Crescent wrench placed up high and then just bend it up a tad.
A 5/16" brace height seems a little short to me.... Mines at 3/4" Are you sure that's safe Awshucks ?
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

bubba wrote:
awshucks wrote:I can tell you the distance 'off the rail' you want is 5/16". I'd try tweaking it to the right w/ a Crescent wrench placed up high and then just bend it up a tad.
A 5/16" brace height seems a little short to me.... Mines at 3/4" Are you sure that's safe Awshucks ?
bubba I think you are a little confused :roll: , this is not about BH. at least that's how I read it
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
Michiganhunter

Post by Michiganhunter »

That looks out far enough to the left to possibly make contact with the fletching which you don't want. Not sure about the 5/16 of the rail. Mine is right down tight against the rail at the very tip of the holder. I would do as others suggested and get a replacement.
380 Matrix Extra
Hawke XB 30 Compact
Easton 2216 19 " 388gr... 378fps
100gr Spitfire/Wasp Jak-Hammer
Trigger Tech trigger
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

The 5/16" [hold down above rail] came from Bill T. The leaning left is minor and I'm sure you can tweak it back to center w/o taking the bow apart. 2nd suggestion, wrap a piece of leather around it and grab it w/ a pair of pliers and pull it to the right. I've adj'd mine several time w/o taking it apart.....

It looks like a rope cocker slid over it to me too..... :mrgreen:

If you want a warranty replacement, go for it, but you'll have to take the scope mount off to swap them, I'd try my suggestion before I did that.

Good luck!!
"Eze 18:21"
Livtahunt

Post by Livtahunt »

Taking it apart is no issue, I have not even tightened all the bolts down from taking it out of the box.
Called excalibur and they said they bend them themselves and recommended I try bending it before they ship out another. Just got done bending it. Looks more aligned and only had to remove 6 screws to do it.
Tightening things down now and ready to shoot this thing come Sunday. I can guarantee a rope cocker was not the issue as it's brand new. Not sure that's even a possibility as it looked bent up and not down.... :mrgreen:
Either way think it's good now. Appreciate the guidance.