Pebbled Limb on Micro 4 Pic's

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Pebbled Limb on Micro 4 Pic's

Post by vixenmaster »

Has anyone had this happen ? I was shootin Captain Morgan off my sandbags this mornin. Usin HellRazor BH 100 gr, i shot at 20-30 & 40 yds. Less than 2" groups was well pleased. It was gettin abit hot so i shot at 50 yds n arrow went low n left in the woods by target. I was lookin at my limbs as that wild shot wasn't expected. The inside of left limb is now covered in raised pebbles like resin comin to the surface but the right limb is fine

Last edited by vixenmaster on Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Starvin' Hillbilly

Re: Pebbled Limb on Micro

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

WOW . . . its direct light off yer bench unless ya shifted . . .maybe you was shoot'n to hard and it was breaking a sweat. in all honesty hope it's nothing bad :shock: Sorry Mr. Mike!

-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

It sounds kind of scary. Can you post some pictures of the offending limb?

I would like to know what to watch out for. I am not sure why but those left micro limbs seem to have more that their fair share of issues lately.
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I would just contact Excalibur and find out exactly what's up and have it dealt with. I see no reason for it to be a left limb issue. It's a coincidence that's what we're hearing. We could just as easily be hearing about right wings.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

paulaboutform wrote:I would just contact Excalibur and find out exactly what's up and have it dealt with. I see no reason for it to be a left limb issue. It's a coincidence that's what we're hearing. We could just as easily be hearing about right wings.

Paul
I am beginning to think there are a lot of "Right Wings" here.... :lol:

Just kidding :mrgreen:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

bigredopie wrote:It sounds kind of scary. Can you post some pictures of the offending limb?

I would like to know what to watch out for. I am not sure why but those left micro limbs seem to have more that their fair share of issues lately.
I will take couple pic's today n post them
Half Bubble Off BD360

coolhl

Post by coolhl »

Mike , did you take any more shots to see if your POI had changed other than the one 50 yd shot?
norm
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....could this be a democratic conspiracy? :shock: :shock: ...awaiting images!!! :shock: :shock:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
SEW

Post by SEW »

paulaboutform wrote: I see no reason for it to be a left limb issue.

Paul
"Left" is just naturally and supernaturally inferior. This has been going on for at least 2,000 years. Consider, Matt 25:33 (sheep to the right, goats to the left) and politically, Hillary, Obama, etc, the "left".which have an Ass" as an emblem or mascot! And yes Mike, I hate to say it; but I also had a twisted limb on my 405 that I returned to Excal(Woody's) . Of course it was a left limb.
Left limb problem: no coincidence !

PS Only exception to this I know of is amongst highly successful people , there is a disproportionate # of left handed people. Figures: I'm right handed.
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Mike,
I tend to agree with your first thought about a resin issue or something. Please contact Excal as this one seems to be a special case and could help them perfect the process further. You always learn the most from the "weird" cases like this. A splintered limb could be from any number of things including user error (dry fire, too light of an arrow, wrong brace height). But this one is different. They will appreciate it.

Keith
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
vixenmaster

Re: Pebbled Limb on Micro Pic's

Post by vixenmaster »

OK, lets get right to the crunch! I found a small limb that must have deflected my arrow. I set-up wid new HellRazor 100gr BH on arrow. I went out shot at 20-30-40 n 50 yds, do not stick anything bigger than 1" in front of Captain Morgan at 50! :lol: The pebbled look must be jus cosmitic cause it ain't hurtin limb performance
Half Bubble Off BD360

amythntr

Post by amythntr »

vixenmaster wrote:OK, lets get right to the crunch! I found a small limb that must have deflected my arrow. I set-up wid new HellRazor 100gr BH on arrow. I went out shot at 20-30-40 n 50 yds, do not stick anything bigger than 1" in front of Captain Morgan at 50! :lol: The pebbled look must be jus cosmitic cause it ain't hurtin limb performance

....Hey Mike, you might have the new special set of limbs that Excalibur is working on..."secret" test limbs of the future ...that somehow snuck out of the factory....these limbs might be the limbs that Excalibur is testing out for their new Nano 475 with a 600lb draw weight ; guaranteed to pucker certain orifices :shock: :shock: :shock: :oops: while attempting to cock with the new, soon to be released hydraulic cocking mechanism.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
TPM

Post by TPM »

Was your bow in direct sunlight for an extended period of time? Looks like heat damage de-lamination. I'd get them replaced.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

I have done a bit of painting in my years, and it looks to me like a paint issue.
A paint issue could be anything= a bad paint batch, wrong thinner, an oily substance on the limb.... could even be humidity at time of painting. However, most of these problems would appear as the paint dried. There are other paint related issues that can happen after the paint dries if exposed to certain chemicals. Direct sunlight for extended periods...

You didn't happen to spray yourself down with skeeter spray while in the vicinity of your micro did you?
Whats that jug sitting on the ground - You didn't spill a little moonshine on it did you? :p

I would have to say you should get it replaced and let excalibur take a look at it. :wink:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

amythntr wrote:
vixenmaster wrote:OK, lets get right to the crunch! I found a small limb that must have deflected my arrow. I set-up wid new HellRazor 100gr BH on arrow. I went out shot at 20-30-40 n 50 yds, do not stick anything bigger than 1" in front of Captain Morgan at 50! :lol: The pebbled look must be jus cosmitic cause it ain't hurtin limb performance

....Hey Mike, you might have the new special set of limbs that Excalibur is working on..."secret" test limbs of the future ...that somehow snuck out of the factory....these limbs might be the limbs that Excalibur is testing out for their new Nano 475 with a 600lb draw weight ; guaranteed to pucker certain orifices :shock: :shock: :shock: :oops: while attempting to cock with the new, soon to be released hydraulic cocking mechanism.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hmmm...I don't know whether to be hot and bothered by a potentially faster Micro AKA Mini Monster or a little "worried" about another potential hernia operation somewhere in my future?
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus