Matrix cub vs vixen 2

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

WVbowhunter

Matrix cub vs vixen 2

Post by WVbowhunter »

Well my son is 12 years old and loves the outdoors. He recently got his first compound bow a mission craze that he is in love with lol,and is doing very well with. So he shoots my vortex some and wants his own crossbow for Christmas. My question is wich is the best option cub or vixen 2 or maybe another. It will be used to target practice and turkey and whitetail. He does very well in school and is a good kid so his mom wants to get him the crossbow. what do you guys think I would like him not to outgrow it in a year or 2. Any suggestions would be great thanks.
xcaliber

Re: Matrix cub vs vixen 2

Post by xcaliber »

The Grizzly is a bit stout, but if you cock it for him now, he might get to do it himself next year. It is a narrow model, and has more poke than the V2. I would go Grizzly. Congrats on raising a fine young man!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Boo

Post by Boo »

The Vixen is a time proven bow that is as bullet proof as it gets and it will kill deer all day long.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Those are 2 good choices, I'm not a fan of the synthetic rail even though there's nothing wrong with them. I haven't shot a cub but they seem to be the perfect model for someone small or someone that loves to shoot a lot. The Vixen 2 is a tack driver like all the Excals. You can't go wrong either way.

Good luck with your choices you can't go wrong with either.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
WVbowhunter

Post by WVbowhunter »

Boo wrote:The Vixen is a time proven bow that is as bullet proof as it gets and it will kill deer all day long.
Yeah Im kinda leaning to the vixen it seems to me that with the 150lb draw it would be very easy on strings and the bow? Is the vixen known as a durable bow?
Boo

Post by Boo »

WVbowhunter wrote:
Boo wrote:The Vixen is a time proven bow that is as bullet proof as it gets and it will kill deer all day long.
Yeah Im kinda leaning to the vixen it seems to me that with the 150lb draw it would be very easy on strings and the bow? Is the vixen known as a durable bow?
Very durable and as you asked, it's easy on everything except the deer.
Chris Dillard

Post by Chris Dillard »

Vixen II all day long :!: :!:
2014 Vixen II
2006 Exomax
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

The truth is they both will kill anything in North America with-in their yardage range. Its all about which catches yer eye! :) I used to own n shoot 5 vixens, they all have new owners cause i got the speed virus :(
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
bubba

Post by bubba »

Vixen gets my vote. Never out grow it. And in the future he could give it to his wife.. I'm sure it would last that long..
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Boo

Post by Boo »

bubba wrote:Vixen gets my vote. Never out grow it. And in the future he could give it to his wife.. I'm sure it would last that long..
Add a couple of gernerations to that.
buildingandrenovatio

Post by buildingandrenovatio »

the cub would be a good choose to it is smaller and still big enough for an adult to use i have one it is a black grizzly same limbs diffrent string and a little shorter pull very good for heavy coat with dacron string very hand in tree stand it would be a good for all most any one I am 5' 9'' AND IS EASY TO COCK with my bad shoulder
Retired United States Airforce

Excalibur Cub
middleton
Barnett Jackel
Barnett Panzer v mod 200 lbs
Horton Tacoma
MK 1501a1(175lbs limb)
MK 150 3c (175lbs limb)
MK120 1c (175lbs limb)
MK180 1c (130 lbs)