Awshucks is No More

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

onebigskittle

Re: Awshucks is No More

Post by onebigskittle »

R.I.P. Awshucks. Praying for his family and friends! Glad to hear he reconnected with God.
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Terrible News for sure > Our Condolences … Rest in Peace Dan .
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
me,chrisandawschucks

Post by me,chrisandawschucks »

Most of you don't know me, but I feel like I know you. Dan talked about you all the time. On behalf of my son, Chris, and I thank you all for your kind words. Dan was definitely one of a kind. Awshucks and family signing off
bugs

Post by bugs »

I am so sorry to hear this news. I haven't been on the forum in a long time but Monica filled me in on this one. I had the pleasure of meeting Awshuks at Boofest. My thoughts to the family and to the many close to him.
To be a vegetarian is to listen to the live carrot gradually screaming as it drowns in a pot of boiling water …. Which is more ethical to you ?? :roll: :lol:
saxman

Post by saxman »

So sad to hear this news.
The world has lost a gentle giant.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

I am so sorry to hear about 'shuks and my heart goes out to his friends and family in this difficult time. Although I had only met him once face to face, I had many long conversations through this forum and considered him a good friend.

He was a kind, generous and extremely knowledgable fellow. He was always ready and willing to help others with their problems and would openly share his insights and honest opinions on an issue (even if some folks did not agree with him from time to time).

He will be greatly missed. :(
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

me,chrisandawschucks wrote:Most of you don't know me, but I feel like I know you. Dan talked about you all the time. On behalf of my son, Chris, and I thank you all for your kind words. Dan was definitely one of a kind. Awshucks and family signing off
Prayers sent for you and Chris. I am so sorry for your loss.You have my deepest sympathy.
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

me,chrisandawschucks wrote:Most of you don't know me, but I feel like I know you. Dan talked about you all the time. On behalf of my son, Chris, and I thank you all for your kind words. Dan was definitely one of a kind. Awshucks and family signing off
My deepest condolences and prayers to you and your family. Dan was a mentor to me through this forum. He made my changeover to archery a very easy with his patience, knowledge, and wicked sense of humor. I will carry his memory with me every time I go hunting and shooting. Miss you Dan. The only thing that dulls the hurt a bit is that he is in a better place. I can just imagine him giving God archery lessons and cracking jokes with him. Rip Dan.
Hank
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I'm at a complete loss! I'm so sorry for all the heartache that is palpable right now, including my own. I've loved reading all of Dan's posts and held him in very high regard with the utmost respect. I paid attention to what he had to say. I feel so ripped off I never got to meet him in person. This forum will never be the same without Awshucks. My deepest condolences to the family and friends. I'm very glad Dan's faith in our Lord Jesus was renewed and I can look forward to meeting him one day.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Boo

Post by Boo »

me,chrisandawschucks wrote:Most of you don't know me, but I feel like I know you. Dan talked about you all the time. On behalf of my son, Chris, and I thank you all for your kind words. Dan was definitely one of a kind. Awshucks and family signing 0off
Hi Virginia, this is Don. My deepest sympathies to you and Chris.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
gendoc

Post by gendoc »

I have never met him, but have enjoyed many conversations with him here on this forum and others through pm's. we even traded a bit, and I always agreed with his thoughts and was thankful for him telling me "his way" of doing crossbow things.
and I will always remember him. sad day for sure, my families prayers are with
his family and friends. he was an awesome man and much respected here and
I bet everywhere he went.
RIP Dan, we will remember you with a smile.
Last edited by gendoc on Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2013 matrix 380x
2011 vortex
vintage exomax & exocet
boo custom strings
Burris FF-III
RBBB
L&S speed demon arras
Easton xx75 2219ch
Ignitors
125 G5 striker mag
Dalton wax
bowmax 1131
wabi calls

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

It is a sad day. My he rest in peace. Prayers to the family in this difficult time.
DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
Talltines

Post by Talltines »

I am so so sorry to hear of this. It's a sad day for sure. My thoughts and prayers to your family in this horrible time of grief.

GOD BLESS
Scorpyd SLP 165. For now but not for long
New Matrix 405

T/C Encore's MGM 14" 445 supermag
Gary Reeder 16" 41 GNR #2 Encore
Hobie Outback for hitting the Salt.

Too many hobbies and never enough time
youngguns

Post by youngguns »

I have never met anyone of you fine people personally ,But I know a lot of you through this forum and I am saddened by each and all of you when there is any misfortune, My condolences to all impacted by the sudden loss of awshucks, Mike my sympathy to you for loss of great friend,Virginia and chris my deepest sympathy goes out to you both , Prayers sent from the young family
A stupid question is a question never asked
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

Very sorry for the lose of such a great friend Mike, Carol and I send our prayers to his family and friends. God Bless.
W.M.