Awshucks is No More

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Re: Awshucks is No More

Post by amythntr »

..... Just checking in on my first full day of vacation in Maine....this is not what I expected to read and surely not what anyone ever wants to read... Never met Dan.... But from what I am reading he was someone that would have made a better person out of me...not having met him was truly my loss!

..... I am happy that Dan found the Lord later on... The Lord was always with him... I am happy in knowing I will have the pleasure of meeting him in my eternal life...

.... Which brings me to a point in the sudden passing of Dan... We all think we have a lot of time ahead of us...that someday we will take ourselves off of throne of our lives and put the One who shed His blood so that we will have eternal life...but as we see with Dan... We just don't know how long we have...

.... For those of you who feel this way... I think this is a good time to reconsider...seeing how fragile life really is...now is the time to get on one's knees and admit that they are sinners and ask the Lord Jesus into your life and make you a new person...

.... If any of you do this... Drop me a PM so that I will pray for you and keep you in my prayers....

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

I received a phone call from a forum member telling me that Dan had died as a result of an accident. It hit me like a ton of bricks. He was just such a good man with a wisdom born of his many life experiences. He will truly be missed.

Both Annie and I convey our deepest sympathies to his family.

Anchors aweigh old friend.
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

Very sad news to hear!!thoughts and prayers for his famiiy.
The best things in life are not things!!
Solid19xX

Post by Solid19xX »

Sadden to heard the pasting of a fellow Excal. member. Awshucks you'll be miss...Your in the Lords Hand now RIP.
Micro 335_Black (Leupold Mark AR Mod1 SPR)
Matrix 330_Black (Leupold FXII 2.5x20)
Matrix 355_RealTreeX (TactZone)
Mathews ZXT_Black (SpotHogg Hunter)
Summit Viper SD
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Don't know what to say . . .what a shock. What a great guy we have lost.

We have suffered a great loss . . .Heaven has gained a wonderful soul.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.... I have seen a great deal of postings from Excal forum members that I don't recall seeing since I joined back in Nov of '13... Such a great tribute to the impact Dan had on so many people...hope to hear more from you people as I am sure many of you have a lot to offer all of us "newbies"...

...I know I was Blessed to have met some of you a few weeks ago at Boofest...I hope to meet more of you next year at our annual "family" get together.....

May everyone be safe till we we meet again,

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
deerskinner

Post by deerskinner »

So sorry to hear the loss of your friend,will be be praying for the family and friends ! Ron!
xbowrook

Post by xbowrook »

so so so sorry to hear of your loss... losing someone so close to you can really feel like a punch in the gut.. our condolences go out to you and your family and everyone affected by this tragedy..
Excalibur Matrix 330 Bulldog Suppressed, 18" Diablo bolts, 100 grain Rage Crossbow X blade
Gamikatsu

Post by Gamikatsu »

Very sad news indeed.

May the good lord guide him to eternal peace.

Ed
GAMIKATSU///Edward

Excalibur MEGA 405
440 GN BE Zombie Slayer
379 FPS over prochrono digital
140 Foot Lbs Kinetic Energy
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

This is very sad news indeed. Sorry to hear we have lost one of our forum family members. Our prayers are with Dan's family.

Peter
mbc4

Post by mbc4 »

just doesn't seem real, i always looked forward to reading his posts any time i need help on crossbow issues he would be there with his sage advise along with many other fine brothers and sisters out there. DAN RIP!!! we have lost a true comrade. my condolences to his family. :(
better an overkill than an underkill
vortex,vixenmaster string
2219s, abc steel sonics
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

I am Very Shocked & Saddened to learn this grim news! :(
Although I never met The Man, he did help me on several occasions as was true to his nature.
He will be greatly missed!
My Most Sincere Condolences to his many Friends and Family...

Sadly,
Matt
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

I have just logged back on the forum and have just seen this about Dan, I am so shocked. You are here one second and gone the next, in a blink of an eye and you are gone to be with the Lord. God Bless You Dan. I send my prayers and condolences to his family and many friends. I am so sad to hear about the loss of your best friend Mike, I pray a special prayer for you also. He will surely be missed by many of us, he surely did help a lot of us with his kindness and knowledge. R.I.P. Dan. May your family have peace and blessings in this time of their needs.

My Sincere Condolences,
Raymond :cry: :cry: :shock: :shock:
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

I don't visit or post on this forum much lately. So imagine my shock to hear about Awsucks/Dan's passing.

The fact that several Excalibur "former members", who haven't posted in years, M.P. and B.S. just to name a couple, have added their posts to this thread attests to the fact that Dan touched my lives.

I had the opportunity to have met Dan on a couple of occasions at "Boofest", and I must agree he was quite a man of substance. His contribution to this forum will surely be missed. R.I.P. Dan!!!

My heartfelt condolences to the family he left behind. May God lessen your pain with each passing day.
Amen
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Island Hunter

Post by Island Hunter »

My condolences go out to his family and freinds,
RIP Dan, may God bless you.
(2013) MATRIX 355
Tact-Zone scope
18" Diablo's
150gr Boltcutters
Danny's Flemish String
Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers
(2009) EXOMAX 350