Awshucks is No More

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Awshucks is No More

Post by vixenmaster »

My great best friend has been killed in an motor accident yesterday. With a aching heart i tell the Forum. When i get more info i will post. No one knowed how much i loved my best friend!

I have the followin update on Dan. He was leavin the Eagle's Nest Club after bein there fer the spagetti supper. As he pulled out onto the hiway he was hit on his Bike. The person said they didn't see him until they made contact. Dan was Airlifted to Ft. Smith but didn't make it to the Hospital. He was broken badly legs, arms, internally. Oh God how terrible this was fer him. The pain he must have endured, i am sorry i am tryin to write this with tears running down my face. I am goin to miss him lots. We fished, we hunted,we shot 3-D Shoots together. I need to sit n rest my mind from this fer awhile :(
Last edited by vixenmaster on Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Onetimeonly x-->

Re: Awshucks is No More

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Mike, deeply sorry to hear this news...
Last edited by Onetimeonly x--> on Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Wow ! Really hate to hear this , Very Generous man ! Sent me a G5 ASD and a fletching stripper free of charge a few weeks ago and wouldn't let me pay him a penny . I'll be praying for his family , thanks Mike for letting us know .
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

So sorry to hear this!!! I met him at boofest before. He had so much knowledge about crossbows and a nice guy too. Very sorry.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Cherokeeson

Post by Cherokeeson »

Sorry to hear this Mike, We will be praying here.
Equinox (Exodus) - Vari-Zone - Big John Custom Arrows
Swhackers, Mangus Stingers
The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.
—Albert Einstein
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Wow, very sad news for sure. My condolences to all his family and friends. I am glad to have met him a few years ago at Boo Fest, he spent a lot of time with me as a x-bow neubie at the time to help me mount and site in a scope on my new bow. Will think of him every time I see the colour pank.

He will be greatly missed for sure. RIP Dan
Last edited by Bullzeye on Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Not what I wanted to wake up to.
Dan was such such a help to me in my early years, he and Boo took me under their wings on a different site and made sure I had all the knowledge I needed.
Enormous and I took a drive from Canada to Dans house to hunt with him and Vixenmaster, it was an amazing trip.
Not looking forward to sharing this news with my son when he gets up, he idolized Dan, has a gift from him from many years ago hanging above his bed with a note from Dan.
This absolutely sucks.

Edit* Mike, sorry for the loss of your dear friend, the world just lost a human encyclopedia. There were very few things Dan didn't know, the value of your friendship being one of them.
Last edited by Pydpiper on Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

Mike,
very few things sadder than to lose your best friend.
R.I.P.
norm
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Oh Mike, I'm just sick! So sorry to hear about Dan. I know yall were close and this is such a shock. He was a good friend to me over the years. He was always there to help, and lend a hand. If you find out anything about a service and could post it I would appreciate it. So sad.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Dan was a very close friend. I loved him like an older brother. He found God again just recently so I know he's happy where he is. He was a very good man and the world is a lesser place without him.
R.I.P. Dan.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

So sorry to hear about your friend Mike. We lost solid and good forum member. Condolences to the Family.
Possum

Post by Possum »

Praying for his family and friends. Great friends are hard to find and even harder to lose, cancer took all my hunting and fishing buddys. My heart felt sympathy goes out to all his family and friends.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Php 4:13
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I'm at a loss for words. He will be greatly missed. I've enjoyed his p.m.s and can't imagine this forum without him. :(
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
strum

Post by strum »

I dont even know what to say. i never met Dan in person but we have talked through this forum many many times.
RIP Dan you will be missed.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16

Post by newbie »

This is very sad news. Sorry to hear it.
condolences to his friends and family.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!