I feel this has to be said

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Doe Master
Site Admin

I feel this has to be said

Post by Doe Master »

Todays events have got me thinking .
I am truly blessed to have met and communicated with a lot of individuals here .
We as people tend to say how much we liked the person after they have departed .
There are a few notables . Sorry if I miss a name .
Thank you . Don , John , Danny , Bill and Dan . And the list goes on .........
I don`t like to say Good bye . Till we meet again
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Boo

Re: I feel this has to be said

Post by Boo »

Well done Kevin. Here's mine and by no means will it be complete.
You, Dan, Danny, Mike, Mike, Paul, Paul, Norm, Bill, Peter, Gerry, John, Brad, and many more.
Auf wiedersehen/until we meet again.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

It is a very sad and sobbering day, I feel blessed and honored to have met so many people that I call family. Thank you all for that. Life is short and we need to remember what is important in life. Material things come and go, friends and family are forever.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

You are right , Kevin .
You could have all the gold in the world . But without friendships you would be poor .
strum

Post by strum »

Doe Master wrote:You are right , Kevin .
You could have all the gold in the world . But without friendships you would be poor .
I know a lot of us never met each other. But i feel like all yall are family.
Ive gleaned so much from this forum. And when a member passes it leaves a hole in my heart. I want to thank every one of you guys for being a part of my life. Dans passing makes us realize we are not typing to a screen here ..its real people.with real feelings . real families. our words matter.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Boo

Post by Boo »

strum wrote:
Doe Master wrote:You are right , Kevin .
I know a lot of us never met each other. But i feel like all yall are family.
Ive gleaned so much from this forum. And when a member passes it leaves a hole in my heart. I want to thank every one of you guys for being a part of my life. Dans passing makes us realize we are not typing to a screen here ..its real people.with real feelings . real families. our words matter.
Could not have said it better Stan. If you noticed, I'll always try to use the person's real name.
Years ago, when I made that first trip to visit Dan in Arkansas, my wife asked if I was nuts. She was thinking axe murder, organ theft, slavery etc. But Dan and I had developed a trust and a bond after a few years of talking, emailing, posting and PMing. That trust powered the 30+ hrs of driving and in the end the first glimpse of Dan standing there with Alton, will never fade away!
Stan, while not typed in, you are on my list, along with Kevin, Gina, Colton, Paul, Larry, Dennis, Tom, :mrgreen:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Big John

Post by Big John »

Very nice post Kevin. :)
I would like to say to everyone I have met and shuk' hands with, you are part of my big Family. Those who I have not met yet in person, I am waiting for the day we meet and become family.
As a lot of people on here have realized, this Forum is different than others. And feelings run deeper here. This is truly a Forum of Family. And losing even one is felt by all.
Glad to be on this Forum people! Makes me feel good every time I log in here.
For all I have not met in person, I am waiting! :) I hope it wont be long.

John
Last edited by Big John on Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

Although I have met very few members of this family in person, I had come to think of so many as family I could never list them all. You all are close to my heart. It is hard to put into words the deep sorrow I feel for Dan's passing. It makes me realize how short our lives can be and how quickly someone you think so highly of can be taken away in a moment. It's time to reflect on what this family means, and hold each friendship close.
My deepest thanks to all those here who befriended me and made my life better, even in the smallest way.
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Yes, it surely makes a person take stock in all the daily things we might just take for granted. I am not going to name names for fear of missing someone out there. This forum is like no other around. I have been on others and the closeness this forum has is unmatched by any other. Look at all the charities that spring up when someone is hurting and you can see the love that is out there. OK, I will mention one person because he really does stand out even amongst the giants around him. Simply "Boo". Yes there are a lot out there that do much on a daily basis on here but Don does cast a looonnnnng shadow for his short statue. And If he should flatter Karin is right there to set him straight. :lol:
OK, two people but there are lots out there and you know who you are. God Bless.
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

I have not posted here very much in a while but I do pop in and lurk some just to keep up with what is going on but, I want you all to know this forum and its members mean a lot to me. I cant name all of you that has helped me out in some way or another but you do hold a special place in my heart and for that I am great full. I plan on coming around more as soon as I get back in a New Normal routine again.
May God bless each and everyone of you and keep us together until he calls us home.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Powerful post.

I can not begin to list all the names of forum members who have influenced my life.

As a woman I'm especially grateful for the support here . The men of the Excalibur forum have never made me feel any less for being a woman in what some still consider a man's world. I know I speak for the other women here as well. Many of you have gone out of your way to include us and help us succeed.

Dan was certainly one of those! I appreciated his humour, his willingness to share his knowledge, and his succinct insights which transcended crossbows. He always took the time and I'll miss his pms.

Death is inevitable. Someday each of us will be gone. I believe that God is merciful and gives each of us enough time to turn to Him. I know that when this life is over I'll find my true home, the one that my soul longs for, and I know that for many of you it will be the same. What a reunion that will be some day! You are all dear to me, and even more so to God! It is my prayer that we'll all meet again there!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.

Post by newbie »

Everyone I have met here either in person or via cyber space has influenced my life. Some more then others, some give or share their knowledge tirelessly like Don. Don really makes me and my family like part of his every time we stop in.
I can't begin to name all the people here but I can say special thanks everyone but will name a few Don & Karin, Derrick, Wes, Norm John.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Normous

Post by Normous »

I discovered this forum in early 2006 days after purchasing my first computer and never ever thought that joining this Excalibur forum that I would be so blessed to meet and make lifelong friendships with so many here.

I am a bit apprehensive to start naming names because I don't want to leave anyone out but those who know me know who they are and I want to say thank-you very much for enriching our life.

I remember my first forum PM that I received and it was from Awshucks who kindly gave me advice , his way with words was truly unique. Last night I spent a couple hours going through Dan's older posts. It made me laugh when Mike P and Awshucks jostled together back in the day and Dan always had the perfect comeback, he always had the right comeback in every situation.

Over the years I found Pm's to be a ideal way to meet like minded folks here and the friendships created will not be forgotten. Thank-you!
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

I agree Norm . The verbal jousting between Mike and Dan was entertaining . :)
If I left out a name it is not on purpose . It was just in the moment I felt I had to get my feelings off my chest . :(
Tom

Post by Tom »

[*]b
Doe Master wrote:I agree Norm . The verbal jousting between Mike and Dan was entertaining . :)
If I left out a name it is not on purpose . It was just in the moment I felt I had to get my feelings off my chest . :(
Kevin, it is very dificult to remember every name you would want to name. This forum is very large, with many members who all matter. What your post did was get everyone to take a step back a view how they act or behave in everyday life. Do not regret your actions of today.

For me, Dan's passing hit hard, he was a great man. It also made me think of all those who have passed on from the forum, before him. There have many great members, but very few as good a human as he was.

I have always tried to live by one "motto"
Never waste the breath you are using as you are not promised the next one.

If I can go to bed at night feeling good about the day I just lived, then I can have a good nights sleep. From knowing Dan, even as little as I did, I feel he lived the same way.

I too, do not wish to name names for the fear of leaving someone out. But I wish to name "all forum members" which make up this great family.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]