Re: Sizing up a bear

Post by vixenmaster »

I am wid Paul on this at least a 350 to 450 pounder
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
IronNoggin

Re: Sizing up a bear

Post by IronNoggin »

paulaboutform wrote:Dang it that's a big ol pumpkin head! My buddy has one on his wall he shot up at High Hume....7' 3"...it's in the book and what a bruiser.
This one went 7'4" without any stretching and also made The Book. I'm in the background and am 6'.

He had been involved in a fairly serious scrap with my Big Dog right in our back yard the fall before. Dog won. I was not unhappy to see this one go!
I don't generally hunt them anymore either Matt, but maybe I'll have to make a run out when you have some time and put an arrow through one. :mrgreen:
You'd be More than Welcome Buddy! It will have to depend on my fishing schedule, but let's stay in touch and see what we might be able to do next spring?
foofoo wrote:anyone take a guess on how big this ole big belly is :shock:
One of my few talents is I can actually judge the weight of bears "on the hoof" reasonably accurately. Comes from my stint with National Parks as The Pusher (Drug Man) on the Bear Response Team. Had to be fairly accurate to determine the proper dose of the Good Stuff to tranq them with. I'd suggest from the photo I'd hit him with enough Telazol to tip 425 lbs over (guessing right on 400, but always give them a "Little Extra"... :wink: )

Shooter for sure.

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."