micro 335 bolts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

jrsyhunter

micro 335 bolts

Post by jrsyhunter »

Hello everyone, this im my first post on this forum. After reading alot on the forum i have made a purchase and bought a micro 335, just wondering why everyone gets new bolts right away? im thinking of shooting aluminum 2219 bolts, and can you use other nocks besides the flat knocks with the excalibur crossbows. thanks for any responses
longbow joe

Re: micro 335 bolts

Post by longbow joe »

Welcome. 2219 s cut at 16.5 will fly like a dart outa that micro use at least a 125 gr. Tip 150s will fly even better. You need flat nocks. If you can get to cheyanne mtn .outfitters in yardville nj. There in sale now. (Looks like ur. From jersey )
Last edited by longbow joe on Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....first and foremost welcome to the forum jrsyhunter... I think it is safe to assume that you are from New Jersey as a few of us are... Why not complete your registration indicating at least what part of Jersey... As some of us might be able to help you with any issue you come across....

.....second, your 335 is a killing machine out of the box without any modifications whatsoever.... With that said .... Many of us are tinkerers and like to make modifications to our rigs...

..... My buddy Mike (MCS) on this forum shoots aluminum 2219's because they are cheaper and he can make 2-15+ inch arrows out of one shaft ... He loves them...

...... Regarding flat versus half-moon nocks "boo" on this forum recently responded to this query .... I suggest that you do a search in the search bar for his response...

..... Welcome aboard, you have a wonderful cross bow, make sure you pick up a Danny Miller stringer to adjust your brace height.... Ask away any one of the many Excalibur professors will provide you will answers to whatever you would like to know....

.... Pull up a chair, stick around a while and be part of the family!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
bubba

Post by bubba »

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your Excalibur crossbow, as said just ask away some one is all ways ready to help...
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

Welcome aboard to the forum and Excalibur..

Good luck with your Micro... It is a great little tack driver..

For me anyway, I changed out the stock arrows for a heavier shaft out of the bow.. In my mind anyway, I feel a heavier arrow helps to quiet it down a bit and also more of the bow's energy will be absorbed into the arrow and not the bow and its components.

For some of us it boils down to tinkering as the stock arrows are fine for hunting.

Cannot wait for 9-12-2015.. :wink: :wink:
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.... Jrsyhunter.... In case you're curious your 2219's weigh in at around 13.5 g/in versus the 9.1 that most of us shoot with the Black Eagle Archery Zombie Slayers or Executioners so you are starting off with a nice heavy shaft to begin with...

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Chefrific

Post by Chefrific »

Great choice on a GREAT crossbow. You are going to LOVE that micro!
I'm no expert (far from it), and yes, the stock arrows and everything that comes standard with your micro are great and will hunt and kill anything you choose with great accuracy.
However this is my take on why a lot of us choose to go with custom arrows and accessories.
For me it started with my first Excalibur, a vortex. There is a disease and a very real condition called excaliburitis syndrome. It usually starts around 100 or so shots out of your new rig. For some much sooner. You will find yourself thinking about shooting and 'perfecting' your bow, you technique, all the time. While in board meetings, I think about my excalibur! You will find yourself pondering better arrows, strings, optics, etc. Then you will notice that your bank account gets a little smaller and smaller. You will spend less time with other hobbies you might have, and your family will start to wonder "why is he always in the backyard with that darn crossbow?" That is unless you buy one of them one. It is contagious. You have been warned.
I don't post a lot on this forum, but I sure do read A LOT of the posts on here. The guys and gals on this forum are like a brotherhood with a wealth of information. I can't say enough how much there discussions have both humored me and helped me!
Enough of my rambling. Congrats on your new crossbow and welcome to the forum!
-2019 Assassin 420
-2015 Micro 335 RTX
-2013 Vortex
drkeenan

Post by drkeenan »

amythntr wrote:....first and foremost welcome to the forum jrsyhunter... I think it is safe to assume that you are from New Jersey as a few of us are... Why not complete your registration indicating at least what part of Jersey... As some of us might be able to help you with any issue you come across....

.....second, your 335 is a killing machine out of the box without any modifications whatsoever.... With that said .... Many of us are tinkerers and like to make modifications to our rigs...

..... My buddy Mike (MCS) on this forum shoots aluminum 2219's because they are cheaper and he can make 2-15+ inch arrows out of one shaft ... He loves them...

...... Regarding flat versus half-moon nocks "boo" on this forum recently responded to this query .... I suggest that you do a search in the search bar for his response...

..... Welcome aboard, you have a wonderful cross bow, make sure you pick up a Danny Miller stringer to adjust your brace height.... Ask away any one of the many Excalibur professors will provide you will answers to whatever you would like to know....

.... Pull up a chair, stick around a while and be part of the family!

Anthony,

Where does your buddy buy the shafts??
Micro 355 - (Mortal Cause II)
Stock String
Black Eagle Executioner Bolts
Tact Zone Scope
NAP SpitfiresXXX - 100 gn
ATN Shot Trak Video Camera
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Bow Hunters Supply in Georgia sells all the aluminum shaft diameters. :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
MCS

Post by MCS »

I got lucky this year picked a dozen up for 55$. But I saw on Bowhuntersuperstore 60 or 65 a dozen. For Easton legacy. Good luck.
jrsyhunter

Post by jrsyhunter »

thanks for all the replies and advice from everyone, I went to Cheyenne outfitters and picked up some 2219 bolts, got them for 22.99 for a half dozen.

Gonna shoot them at 20 inches first and see how they fly before cutting them down, at 20 inches with a 125 grain tip the total weight is 469 grains
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

Welcome to the camp jrsyhunter! . . .another Excal brother!

-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly