Had some trouble at the range/ Need new arrows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

-sro-

Had some trouble at the range/ Need new arrows

Post by -sro- »

Hi all.

I ended up loosing a bunch of arrows yesterday firing my Micro 335. I was using the stock quills with Lumenoks I installed myself and Exodus 125g broadheads. The bow was shooting dead on at each individual range (20, 30, 40, 50) but for whatever reason a perfect zero at 40 went clear over the top of the target at 50.

Anyway I know the micro has been out for a while and alot of people have been experimenting with arrow/broad head setups. Does anyone know where I can purchase arrows that have been proven in the micro that are already made (no cutting or anything)?

Thanks!

xcaliber

Re: Had some trouble at the range/ Need new arrows

Post by xcaliber »

That sounds odd. I recommend checking the scope mounting screws, and all fasteners for that matter. Usually when the scope gets loose, it dips in the front causing you to hit high.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
-sro-

Post by -sro- »

All scope hardware is ok.
bubba

Post by bubba »

There are a few arrow makers here on the forum, Big John, xcaliber, and there is Danny Miller At 1-704-483-2312, And my personal choice South Shore Archery. call Jerry at 1-813-545-0745. All make great arrows your way, or let them tell you what they recommend ... Good luck..
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

-sro- wrote:All scope hardware is ok.
I don't think you can go from spot on, to over the target at 10 yards farther distance with the same arrow weight unless something is wrong.
JMHO.
Before spending money on arrows, I would try to nail down the possibility of another issue. Grab the scope, and see if you can wiggle it up and down. The button head screws on the scope rail mount have a tendency to work loose.
Many good sources out there, and here for great arrows as well.
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

That is good advice from xcaliber. If everything is tight, you might also need a new scope along with arrows.
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ

Post by newbie »

just a question....are you sure you used the correct aim dot? I've done the exact same thing and realized it was my fault using the wrong chevron.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Normous

Post by Normous »

newbie wrote:just a question....are you sure you used the correct aim dot? I've done the exact same thing and realized it was my fault using the wrong chevron.
:lol: I have done the same a time or two but never on a deer (knock on wood).
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Normous wrote:
newbie wrote:just a question....are you sure you used the correct aim dot? I've done the exact same thing and realized it was my fault using the wrong chevron.
:lol: I have done the same a time or two but never on a deer (knock on wood).
X3, I have too..... But I wouldn't admit it! :lol:
Seafermiles

Post by Seafermiles »

X4 Yup! Been there, done that...
Used the 30 yd chev on a 40 yd target. Arrow buried itself in the grass big time. Didn't find it right away. Found it a couple days later mowing. Just caught a glimpse of a vane in the grass.
Sea Ya

Matrix 330, AirBrakes, Reds, Cheek Piece, Ex-tender
Smokepolehall Flemish String
No One

Post by No One »

On stock quills you need 150 grain tip not 125. If you want to hunt with 125 choose a different quill.
Matrix 405 Mega ( Sledgehammer )
Black Eagle Executioners
125 gr Grim Reaper Razor Cut.
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

No One wrote:On stock quills you need 150 grain tip not 125. If you want to hunt with 125 choose a different quill.
Stock Quills weigh 250 grs ish. You can use 100 gr tips if you want.
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

Eliminate what it could not be. Quills are fine - eliminate. You say you are using broadheads. Sight in with field points not broadheads. Now shoot your broadheads. Are your broadheads spinning true on your arrows - spin test them. The scope may be suspect, incorrect use of aiming points may be suspect, broadheads not spinning true may be suspect. The only thing I do not suspect is your arrows.
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

ehntr wrote:Eliminate what it could not be. Quills are fine - eliminate. You say you are using broadheads. Sight in with field points not broadheads. Now shoot your broadheads. Are your broadheads spinning true on your arrows - spin test them. The scope may be suspect, incorrect use of aiming points may be suspect, broadheads not spinning true may be suspect. The only thing I do not suspect is your arrows.
Totally agree. I have never heard of a broadhead being that far off though, even the crappy ones! :shock:
youngguns

Post by youngguns »

Could it be brace height
A stupid question is a question never asked