Hello everyone. Another newbe grasshopper.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Excaliburdrool

Hello everyone. Another newbe grasshopper.

Post by Excaliburdrool »

Hello everyone. I'm new here but I've been visiting this forum for years and as my name suggests, I've been drooling over Excaliburs since about 2007. I'm only 34 years old so one day when I'm all growed up I hope to get a Matrix. Deciding between the 330, 355 or 380. Leaning more towards the lighter 2. I want something I can shoot all day. I'm 5 10, 185 lbs and in good shape. I have cocked back an equinox with no problem but I wouldn't say running 50 bolts through it would be enjoyable. I also want something that's easy on serving and would be the most durable. Not that any excel isn't but I just don't want any problems......say if we have a zombie outbreak or something. My current xbow, sad to say, a $150 Jaguar, wouldn't last a day. Any opinions are appreciated but I know I just need to go to Cabelas and shoot them all. I really just want to say hi. I'm very excited to be here and hope to be posting my own pix someday.
bubba

Re: Hello everyone. Another newbe grasshopper.

Post by bubba »

Welcome to the forum.. Glad you came out from the shadows, and jumped in. A lot of good people here. My vote would be a 330 or a 355, but you really can't go wrong with any of them. Again welcome. And good luck..
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Welcome ! No bad choices too be made ! I also would suggest the 330 or 355 if you want to shoot al day . Make sure you put a ADF on them in case you get distracted ! Let us know what you decide to buy .
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Welcome to the forum Excaliburdrool
Excaliburdrool

Post by Excaliburdrool »

Thanks for the reply bubba. If you don't mind me asking, how would you say your 355 compares to your Ibex when cocking?
bubba

Post by bubba »

well the power stroke is a little shorter on the 355, but it takes more pull. I'm a young 63 Smile.. And i thought i was gonna need a C-2 cranking aid so i got one. And maybe used it five times. Once i got the motion down, and it did not take long.. I can sling 50 arrows down range without a hiccup. My Ibex is nice but my 355 hanging on the wall is.........All i could ever want in a crossbow.......
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
bubba

Post by bubba »

opps..
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Welcome to the forum!! :D
You can pick up some of the older model excal's in the trading post for a bargain. :) The Matrix's series are nice bow's, want a 355 myself but don't sell the long limber's short...they have been killing critter's for decades!! 8) :wink:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

Excaliburdrool wrote:Thanks for the reply bubba. If you don't mind me asking, how would you say your 355 compares to your Ibex when cocking?
355 would be a bit harder. Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you aboard.
Happy choosin, :D
Hank
kamont

Post by kamont »

You won't go wrong with any of the Excalibur crossbows, but don't wait until you grow up, we're guys we grow old.....but never grow up :D
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

Slinging arrows all day the 330 would be a fine choice, deer hunting in the woods... either one. :mrgreen:
I would suggest going some place that would let you shoot both of them. :wink:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....a fine introduction on your part Excaliburdrool...nice to have you aboard... Why not complete the rest of your registration so we know where you hail from...it helps us help you!...

.... I myself own a 380 and love it along with my 335...

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
canoe13

Post by canoe13 »

I started with an Ibex then a Vortex. Next I got a Matrix 310, then a 330. A Micro 335 was a must have but my favorite so far is the 355 I got this year.
Easier to cock than the Micro and the fastest Xbow I have ever owned. Can shoot it all day no problem.
Mag Air
Sig Sauer Romeo 5
Excalibur Quills
Tooth of the Arrow broadheads
Vixenmaster strings
deerskinner

Post by deerskinner »

I have a 355M. and I love it,it is balanced well and I can cock it with no problem
without a crank ! Welcome to Excaliber Forum! Ron! :D
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

Hear me out...I fit your age and physique description and I have no trouble at all slinging 50+ arrows with my Matrix 405. I have owned a 380 and I loved it too. The Matrix 380 comes with the ADF, REDS and it's a good deal faster than the lighter models you mentioned and the full camo rail and riser appeal to me.

That being said, my favourite Matrix is the 330 for it's ruggedness, dependability, and lighter carrying weight. It is still plenty fast, and very accurate.

For the zombie apocalypse your go-to has to be the Vixen for the following reasons: light, rock solid dependability, easy on servings, arrows won't bury in the dirt and arrows shouldn't pass through zombie skulls for easier retrieval, close quarter combat doesn't require the extra oomph of a Matrix, the Vixen can be cocked by hand (etc)... This one isn't even a contest, it's a no-brainer. Next!

As you can see from my ranting, the bottom line is that you can't just own one and you might as well start saving your samolians because you'll end up buying an arsenal-full of Excaliburs soon enough anyway...most of us replying to this thread have and I wonder, is that coincidence or like some kind of addiction?
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits