So whats in your bag?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

No One

So whats in your bag?

Post by No One »

With deer season starting next month here in ohio. I am interested to see what stuff people pack in with for early season hunting beside stands and xbow. I have the major stuff like grunt calls, field dressing kit, knives, a coleman saw, lite camo and bow hanger, range finder, c2 crank ( a must), backpack to haul it all in with. This is what I have. What do you carry in? :D
Matrix 405 Mega ( Sledgehammer )
Black Eagle Executioners
125 gr Grim Reaper Razor Cut.
georgiaboy

Re: So whats in your bag?

Post by georgiaboy »

I hunt public land so i travel light. Beside's my Vixen & Summit....
My cocking aid, compass, rangefinder, gloves & mask, grunt call and estrus bleat, knife, phone, fire starter, two flashlight's and six glow stick's to mark a blood trail in the dark. :D
Oh yea...my thermacell, this is the south!! :mrgreen:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
kd8jgu

Post by kd8jgu »

Thermacell is number 1
wind checker to decide which blind or stand
glow sticks (12) heavy thickets here
spare gloves for thicket
100 ft of rope
led sticks 4 once you get in thicket want back up light
this is the basics
look at where you are hunting and build your pack for what you may need
May my aim be true and my arrow fly straight

Micro 335 (Porky's Piglet)
Stock string
Quill
125 grain ACTs/Boltcutters

MagAir
Stock string
Quill
125 ACTs/Boltcutters
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

Compass, gps, first aid kit, mini hammock,( I ain't sleepin on the ground) dragging ropes, spare knives, fire starter, emergency rations, emergency blankets x2,camera, wind checkers, cloth to clean my glasses and hearing aids, spare batteries,surgical gloves, small binoculars, dry socks, flashlight,bear bangers, small grunt call,and rangefinder. This is besides the Excal maintenance stuff.
Hank
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I pack real light. I hunt 90% of the time from a climber, so i take what I need. Those that hunt large tracts land need much more stuff to be prepared for the "what if" than most small tract hunters even own. Early season for me means field edges on the afternoon hunts, I take my essentials, grunt call, two flash lights, knife, gloves, range finder, which I use as soon as I get settled to range distances in all directions. :wink: Thermocell, and extra juice, and pads for it, and I drag a line of my favorite stinky on the way in. Smell like a deer, see more deer!
On morning hunts, I hunt travel corridors, and bedding areas. I don't take much for that too different early on, but late October I start taking Thrasher 2 to dag about, and Lowes Buck Butter to make the area small of deer bedding. I'm usually close enough to the truck to make a trip to get my gutting bag, and cart, and go back after Bucky, or Jane Doe! :wink:
Wabi call always, Excalibur fix it gear in the truck, extra rope cocker, string, and tool always ifin I got the X-Bow. GPS to mark my deer always, and parking spot every time out, and trail glo thumb tacks! If you hunt several areas, and Public land, here is something I do. I DO NOT mark my trails, lazy non scouting types follow them too often, I hunt a spot, and can usually go very close to it again, even a few weeks later. When I get in a good tree, I put the glo tacks in on 4 sides, then in the morning when I know I'm close to a pre trimmed tree, I look up, and bingo.
Dang, now I'm all jacked up to get out! :wink: :lol: 8)
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Backpak wid knives, C2, rope cocker, slave string, extra shootin string, gal ziplock bag wid wet wash cloth fer my hands once i getstid done field dressin deer, plastic urnal, extra hoist cord in case a tree rat has chewed thru one of mine on the stand n cell ph. Later on i will add cold weather gloves n deer calls
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

Rope cocker and backup string, Knives, drag rope, rangefinder, first aid kit, headlamp and flashlights, egear splashflashes for marking blood trail at night,field dress gloves, hat, facemask, scent spray, toilet paper for blood trails, water, snacks, paracord and other odds and ends.
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

bottle of water or pepsi, plastic urinal, wabi call, flashlight, therma cell, trails end 307, face mask & gloves, cell phone, knife, fig newtons, extra string and stringer, cocking rope. We have 120 acres on each side of a State Highway and cabins on both sides so I'm never far away from anything I need.
As the rut approaches I will have my Golden Estrus and a drag rag along :wink:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
Chefrific

Post by Chefrific »

I hunt down in middle/south Georgia, so usually a bottle of water, my thermacell (a must!) my Excalibur, some wind direction powder, and a flashlight.
Also, I tend to undress and hunt in just my boots, boxers and a hat with my mesh leaf suit over. When it's 90+ degrees and the humidity is 90% clothing becomes an issue.
-2019 Assassin 420
-2015 Micro 335 RTX
-2013 Vortex
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

Here is my list, not including the Micro, quiver and cocking rope. I hunt with the mindset that if i'm stuck out over night I will be comfortable

1. Spare string and cocking rope.
2. Stringer.
3. Compass and GPS.
4. Pack of 50 thumb tacks with reflector tape.
5. 6 glow sticks for when I hunt the swampy stuff.
6. Space blanket.
7. 100' of Paracord
8. 2 headlamps
9. Extra batteries for both lights
10. 3 knives for various reasons.
11. Knife sharpener.
12. Firesteel, cotton balls rubbed in vaseline and fat wood shavings in a tin for fire starting.
13. Full suppression body harness.
14. Drag line.
15. Bottled water in the early season and hot cinnamon spice tea in the winter season.
16. Trail mix and Swiss and Turkey roll ups with mustard all season long.
17. Unscented wippies for.....well... just in case :D
18. Roll of TP in a big Zippy.
19. iPhone with external battery pack for recharging.. Service where I hunt stinks and drains my battery fast.
20. Rubber gloves for gutting and a pair of camo gloves while on stand.
21. Thermacell and enough cartridges and pads to get me through a 14 hour hunt.
22. Small first aide kit.
23. Range finder.

Sounds like a lot of stuff to carry but it all fits in my backpack but I sit from predawn to 30 minutes after sunset all season long or until I shoot a deer.
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....3 prosciutto and mozzarella sandwiches with roast peppers on brick oven Italian Bread.... Hey, I'm Italian ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :mrgreen:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

amythntr wrote:....3 prosciutto and mozzarella sandwiches with roast peppers on brick oven Italian Bread.... Hey, I'm Italian ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

A man's gotta eat! :lol: :lol:
I forgot the snacks, always a little nibbles, and water. I used to take a thermos with coffe up the stand, but I could hold it a lot longer then! :shock: :lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

xcaliber wrote: I forgot the snacks, always a little nibbles, and water. I used to take a thermos with coffe up the stand, but I could hold it a lot longer then! :shock: :lol: :lol:
Reminds me of a story about my brother.
Stopped by my moms to visit one Sunday afternoon like most of us kids did. He had a couple cups of coffee and headed for the woods. He told me later that it was raining and he couldn't hold it any longer and didn't have a bottle to pee in, so he pee'd out of his tree stand. Right in mid stream he heard a noise and looked on the other side of the tree - there stood the 8 pointer he was hunting looking up the tree watching him pee. :lol:
He did manage to get him a few weeks later during rifle season.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
wabi

Post by wabi »

amythntr wrote:....3 prosciutto and mozzarella sandwiches with roast peppers on brick oven Italian Bread.... Hey, I'm Italian ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony, If you're talking about these:
I'm not Italian, but pack 6 and I'll go hunting with you anytime! :lol: :lol:

I have a small (tiny) 4"x3"x1" pouch on my hip quiver with a sharp folding knife, field dressing gloves, file card for temporary tag, pencil, and Fenix E-15 flashlight (with new battery) in it. Cell phone in my pocket. If I'm hunting with the landowner a phone call will bring him my way in his UTV. If I'm hunting alone the UTV is parked nearby. :roll:
wabi
Species8472

Post by Species8472 »

Lagavulin 16 year old and Cohibas.
Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend