So whats in your bag?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

No One

Re: So whats in your bag?

Post by No One »

Great read so far I must get that thermacell. I was look at them but didnt know that so many hunters used them.

GrassyKnoll I forgot to mention that I have xtra sting and cock rope. But I like the list you made. Made easier to read. Thank you.

As for the rest of the ideals they must wait till next year. Like gps and such. The old lady is complaing about the 200 plus dollars we spent last week on the cheapest camo I could get at wally world. I told her that I could have spent 180.00 on just pants her jaw hit the floor. :lol:
Matrix 405 Mega ( Sledgehammer )
Black Eagle Executioners
125 gr Grim Reaper Razor Cut.
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

No One, thanks man..

The GPS is a luxury item and not needed if you own a good compass.

A compass and a topo printout of your area from Google Earth is all that is needed. Laminate the printout image with clear packing tape and it becomes water resistant and foldable.

Lol on the pants, I hear ya..

I try to buy some of my high end camo while it is on sale or in the bargain cave at Cabelas..
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
Eck

Post by Eck »

Species8472 wrote:Lagavulin 16 year old and Cohibas.
My kinda guy . . . .
Micro 335
Matrix 380
Boofest 2016 Matrix 330
Trigger Techs all around
125 gr. QAD Exodus (Micro) 100 gr Slicks otherwise
Strings by Vixenmaster
Arrows by Xcaliber
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

wabi wrote:
amythntr wrote:....3 prosciutto and mozzarella sandwiches with roast peppers on brick oven Italian Bread.... Hey, I'm Italian ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :mrgreen:
Anthony, If you're talking about these:
I'm not Italian, but pack 6 and I'll go hunting with you anytime! :lol: :lol:

I have a small (tiny) 4"x3"x1" pouch on my hip quiver with a sharp folding knife, field dressing gloves, file card for temporary tag, pencil, and Fenix E-15 flashlight (with new battery) in it. Cell phone in my pocket. If I'm hunting with the landowner a phone call will bring him my way in his UTV. If I'm hunting alone the UTV is parked nearby. :roll:
..... Yup, thems r those!....the deer n me just can't resist the taste or smell!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
bobcat

Post by bobcat »

bow, knife, light, lighter, grunt tube. i dont carry a bag all in pockets.
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

amythntr wrote:....3 prosciutto and mozzarella sandwiches with roast peppers on brick oven Italian Bread.... Hey, I'm Italian ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :mrgreen:
Good one Anthony :lol: - Just don't let those little flying blood suckers get a bite of you or your sandich :lol: - They are gonna be so very bad here in Ohio with all that rain this summer we've had.
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

No One wrote:Great read so far I must get that thermacell. I was look at them but didnt know that so many hunters used them.

GrassyKnoll I forgot to mention that I have xtra sting and cock rope. But I like the list you made. Made easier to read. Thank you.

As for the rest of the ideals they must wait till next year. Like gps and such. The old lady is complaing about the 200 plus dollars we spent last week on the cheapest camo I could get at wally world. I told her that I could have spent 180.00 on just pants her jaw hit the floor. :lol:
X2 all the way on the thermacell- Gots to get one of them myself !!!
CrazyAce

Post by CrazyAce »

No One wrote:Great read so far I must get that thermacell. I was look at them but didnt know that so many hunters used them.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah wives are not understanding to start up costs... So I got mine a xbow... doubles the cost but we're getting the things needed :) hehe. Sneaky bass-turd I know, but working within the system. :D Now I do have to justify why we need things but then she understands.
-SnotRocket-
Matrix 405
DLX scope
TriggerTech 2.5#
DrStirrup rig
8ptbuk, vixenmaster, Boo Flemish String
Zombie Slayer, Executioner
Wabi Call
No One

Post by No One »

mine understood to the tune of almost 4 grand. lol