One Line? Or Two Lines?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bob1961

Re: One Line? Or Two Lines?

Post by bob1961 »

my 08 exocet 200 has two lines, one for minimum brace height and one for maximum brace height not to cross with the string in either direction....closet to the riser is for max FPS and the other for less vibration or how ever they were put there....mine likes it right at the far line from the riser....
exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
bubba

Post by bubba »

Yep there is that sweet spot..That we all seem to find after awhile of trail and error, at least i hope we all find ours. On my new M 355 the single line is etched at 11/16" of an inch, i went a little lower, didn't feel right. Went a little higher, didn't feel right. Finally settled at right on top the line..And been grinning from ear to ear ever since. My Sweet Spot.. Smile....
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

bubba wrote:Yep there is that sweet spot..That we all seem to find after awhile of trail and error, at least i hope we all find ours. On my new M 355 the single line is etched at 11/16" of an inch, i went a little lower, didn't feel right. Went a little higher, didn't feel right. Finally settled at right on top the line..And been grinning from ear to ear ever since. My Sweet Spot.. Smile....
Jesse, how far does that put from the bumpers, and which ones you got?
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
bubba

Post by bubba »

After finding my spot, my Danny Miller bumpers are adjustable, with a set screw so i backed off my string about 3/16", I then placed some felt washers over the post steams of the bumpers so it would eliminate any gap between the base of the stem on the bumpers and the riser assembly. I think it looks cooler, helps with vibration. A personal touch.. I also took a white paint pen, and added a little spot on either side of the rail, to help with looking down for brace height.
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
bubba

Post by bubba »

Way down yonder in the land of cotton..... Damn double posts
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

bubba wrote:After finding my spot, my Danny Miller bumpers are adjustable, with a set screw so i backed off my string about 3/16", I then placed some felt washers over the post steams of the bumpers so it would eliminate any gap between the base of the stem on the bumpers and the riser assembly. I think it looks cooler, helps with vibration. A personal touch.. I also took a white paint pen, and added a little spot on either side of the rail, to help with looking down for brace height.
I'm gonna check mine out. I thought I lost a few FPS on Ole Trixxi! :lol: :lol:

Thanx Jesse. :wink:
bubba

Post by bubba »

By the way Dan, I'm shooting a 365 grain arrow at 358 f.p.s. and a 385 grain arrow at 351 f.p.s. I am really happily surprised by this bow, My son says i got a hot pair of limbs, I know they say they are all the same. But from my first shot through a chronograph with a 352 grain arrow, i got 364 f.p.s. I had a few sleepless nights until my A.D.F. arrived from David. Now my limbs and myself sleep a lot better.....
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Yep, you got a hot set. That is very good speed. I'm cool with mine, just want consistency. :wink: