One Line? Or Two Lines?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bubba

One Line? Or Two Lines?

Post by bubba »

Was talking to my son last night he was traveling down to Galveston.Tx for a Ship project that should last about a month. Any way we were talking crossbows and hunting, like about 96% of all our topics, Smile. And we got to talking about Brace height, and string twists, And i told him i keep my 355 right on the line, which is about 3/4" , And i have my Danny Millers bumpers adjusted accordingly,So he says to me which line do i have it set on? And i followed with i only have one line..He then says no you have two just like my 380..I seen both lines on your bow when i was down there. So back and forth we wen't, i looked my bow over with a magnifying glass last night and again this morning. And still only see one line. So members please let me know, what bow you have, and how many lines you have, or none at all.. So both my son and i can clear this up.. Thanks all.. Smile..
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Onetimeonly x-->

Re: One Line? Or Two Lines?

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

'13 M355 no brace line, adjust accordingly to bumpers.
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

-My 380 mainframe had no marks, but it was purchased immediately upon release in 2013.
-My Micro mainframe has one hash mark, I
-My wife's Matrix 330 has one hash mark, purchased immediately after release in 2014.
-My old Vixen and Equinox had two hash marks.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
bubba

Post by bubba »

Thanks Derrick, This is the info i'm looking for.
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
bubba

Post by bubba »

I'm the double post king...
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

'14 Micro with one brace line. I keep about a sting width between the inside edge of my flemish and the line itself. it works out to roughly 1/4" from the bumpers too. She seems to like that set up!
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

My 355 only has one referance line. I marked the rail on both sides with small marks from a Silver paint pin as to it's position in relation to the Baby Bumpers... very easy to see.

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
fergie

Post by fergie »

None on my 380 blackout.
matrix 380 blackout "Reaper", nchunterkw flemish string, triggertech single stage, matrix munch mount, Rhinehart Block, 18" zombie slayers c/o big john
fully dressed in drstirrup is the "reaper"
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Matrix355 has one line Micro has one line both 2014. 405 one line 2014 other older models had 2 lines high n low
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
bubba

Post by bubba »

Thanks for all the replies.. Some have one, some two. I thought their would be some uniformity? But it's all over the place. You learn some thing every day..
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

Shot my 380 blackout today. It only has 1 line on it.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

bubba wrote:Thanks for all the replies.. Some have one, some two. I thought their would be some uniformity? But it's all over the place. You learn some thing every day..
Here is what I gather: Only the EXO series have two lines. Early Matrix models have no lines, newer Matrix and all Micros have one line. Maybe your son is mistaken? Nobody here has replied saying they have two lines on their Matrix 380.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
bubba

Post by bubba »

Derrick, I believe you are right.I talked again to my son last night, and when he looked at my bow, as with his 2014 380 blackout, he was thinking. The one line has two parallel lines about 1/16" apart, he was counting one line as two. I told him no, the lines represent one line to look like a string across the rail. Smile..He thought that was nuts for Excalibur to do that, he thinks it should only be one thin line. Any how i think we have the confusion fixed, but for awhile it was up in the air... Thanks all... We learn some thing every day..
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

bubba wrote:Derrick, I believe you are right.I talked again to my son last night, and when he looked at my bow, as with his 2014 380 blackout, he was thinking. The one line has two parallel lines about 1/16" apart, he was counting one line as two. I told him no, the lines represent one line to look like a string across the rail. Smile..He thought that was nuts for Excalibur to do that, he thinks it should only be one thin line. Any how i think we have the confusion fixed, but for awhile it was up in the air... Thanks all... We learn some thing every day..
Buddy just keep your BH adjusted 1-inch back from where main frame meets or joins the front limb assembly an you will be good to go. I keep all my Excals from 380 to Exo-mag at that setting- Never have had any issues or problems what so ever...
Boo

Post by Boo »

Some of Danny's rails are made from older bows/mainframes which of course have 2 lines.
Some people just like stepping on rakes