Lemmy buys a Micro (pics now added)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Outback

Lemmy buys a Micro (pics now added)

Post by Outback »

When my boy Lemmy was 11yrs old I purchased an Excaliber Axiom for him to practice and then hunt with. Practice he did for months. That same year after he turned 12 yrs old he shot a beauty of a buck, 9 points and big body. Lemmy has shot that Axiom quite a bit in a few years.

On our road trip to Boofest this past summer we stopped at Easthill Outdoors for a quick visit with Craig and to get Lemmy and Mickey Mayhem to test ride the Micro. I could tell right away that Lemmy was destined to own a Micro. Both the boy's shot well at Boofest and impressed me in a big way, but I could tell something was not right with Lemmy.

For the next few weeks he talked about how he liked the way the micro felt in his hands. I could tell he craved the Micro. About a week and a half ago I stopped in to a local coffee shop for some good laughs and a decent (not Timmy Ho's) cup of coffee. One of the regular crew starts a chat about me always hunting and shooting be it guns or bows. He then asks if I knew of anyone wanting to sell a crossbow. "Yes bud I sure as well just may know a fella that would part with his crossbow". I started to tell him about Lemmy's Axiom and what kind of package I could put together for him and for what cost. This lad seemed to like what I had to say and we kinda struck up a deal.

Well now I hadta break the news to Lemmy that I had potentially just sold his Axiom. I mentioned for how much cash, then mentioned that for so much more he could buy a new Micro. This excited my 15yr old son big time. Now keep in mind that he has been busy doing odd jobs,helping people and just working real hard. He doesn't like to part with his cash.

Anyhow, last week I called Easthill Outdoors and talked with Craig for a while. We struck up a deal and I said we would be in next Friday (which was lasterday). The fella came and paid for and took the Axiom, I picked up Lemmy and off we went to Easthill Outdoors. Upon arrival we were greeted and talked for a bit with Craig then it was down to business. Craig had the bow assembled, Zombie Slayer bolts cut to size, bow sighted in and ready to shoot. Which Lemmy did, he shot that Micro with the biggest smile you could have on a kid. We ended up spending a coupla hours there and an enjoyable coupla hours it was. A truly great shopping experience was had this day. Hats off to Craig and Kevin for helping this young fella through his biggest purchase experience of his young life.

Upon arrival at home he couldn't wait to show his mother. Next was he claimed and installed the Munch Mount that I won in a draw at Boofest. Soon he will be sporting some of Big John's custom Zombie's. We ordered the Zombie's at Boofest and I had to make a mid order change to get some Micro Zombie's for Lemmy. Gotta send a hats off to Big John as well for being so accommodating as to do this for us. You folks have made a hard working 15yr old lad a pretty happy Excaliber Crossbow enthusiast. He plans to shoot a bear with this set up when season opens and then a deer after that.

Thanx for taking the time to read my long winded post but right now I'm a pretty proud dad and I'm also proud to be a member of this fine Excaliber family we have here. Learned a lot and will continue to learn fro you fine folks.
If I could only post a few pics.

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww21 ... ro/024.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww21 ... ro/030.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww21 ... ro/046.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Hope these pics come through.
outback
Last edited by Outback on Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GrassyKnoll

Re: Lemmy buys a Micro

Post by GrassyKnoll »

You sir are a good father, and your family is lucky to have such a decent man in their lives.. :)

Send the pic to my email and I will post it for you.

[email protected]
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Congratulations to your son from me Steve! :D You've put a huge smile on my face reading this. It was great getting to meet you and your boys at Boofest and I'm so glad we got to spend some time together just swapping lies and shooting some 3D. Not only was I very impressed with the display of fantastic shooting by your boys, but also more impressed by what fine respectful young men you're raising up! It was truly my pleasure getting to meet you all. Your sons make me feel a little better about the upcoming generation. I can't wait to see that fancy new micro at Boofest next year....God willing. :wink:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

Great story!!! It's nice to see the younger generation getting into crossbows!!! As a parent, your doing a great job!!! :D
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.... Not much I can add to this other than to echo sentiments and to establish, as Paul did, that I also had the utmost honor of making the acquaintance of both you Steve and those fine young men of yours...

.... You see, my fine forum brothers and sisters who could not attend Boofest this year.... This event is so many things to so many people...for me it was to meet others I have conversed with on line....what I never expected was to meet such a wonderful, proud dad and the 2 exceptionally wonderful, respectful and enjoyable lads he his Mrs. have raised...

..... Just to fellowship with Steve and the boys was a Boofest within a Boofest...the sharing of stories, laughs and 3D shooting just brings a smile to my face each time I think about it!

.....Lemmy, your proud dad has taught you so much... The lesson of saving for something you really want and parting with hard earned cash is a very valuable one for sure....I wish you the best with your new 335, arra's and Boofest commemorative Munch Mount...

.....I do have one concern however, I don't know how you could possibly launch arra's any better than you did with your Axiom at Boofest...but if you do, God help us all next year, eh?

Honored to call you friends,
Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Way to go, Lemmy! Good luck in the coming hunting season, and with the new bow. I'm sure tickled for you. We want to see pics of new bow and smiling face of successful hunter. :D
Tom

Post by Tom »

Outback, your in trouble now. How are you going to outshoot him next year :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck Lemmy and have many successful safe hunts.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

So happy for your son. It's nice to see that excitement in young folks. I too, want to say what a pleasure it was to meet you and your boys. They are very well mannered and respectful young men. That doesn't happen by accident. Can't wait to see some bear pictures.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Congrats on HIS first of many bow purchases . Buying bows is like a drug that I don`t want to be weaned off of . :lol:
You and the wife have done a good job raising your boys . And it shows in public . :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

This was a most enjoyably Topic/post to read this mornin, that was grand to share with lemmy, congrats to him
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

sharing crossbow time with your son (or daughter)...
doesn't get better than that...
norm
roly

Post by roly »

Congrats Lemmy
That's a great bow for a great young lad.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Congratulations, hope he has a successful season with too!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
bubba

Post by bubba »

Now that was a could not get any better read first thing this morning. Congrats Lemmy on your new bow, and good luck hunting this year with it. It's great to see young men like yourself loving hunting and the outdoors, makes this older guy smile.Thanks dad for the thread. I think you got a keeper there..
Last edited by bubba on Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Colton's Micro wasn't going to be Colton's. I just couldn't get it out of his hands! :lol: