Slick Tricks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

excalxbowner

Slick Tricks

Post by excalxbowner »

How many do you need to get through one deer hunting season?
Matrix 355
Diablo bolts
150 grain Slick Tricks
Boltcutter BH
vixenmaster

Re: Slick Tricks

Post by vixenmaster »

How many deer can you Kill ? If'en you no gotstid lots of rocks then a few should do. Jus resharpen n go after'em
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
excalxbowner

Post by excalxbowner »

I can kill two during bow season. One more if i want to hunt with my xbow during rifle season. At least three
Matrix 355
Diablo bolts
150 grain Slick Tricks
Boltcutter BH
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

vixenmaster wrote:How many deer can you Kill ? If'en you no gotstid lots of rocks then a few should do. Jus resharpen n go after'em

X2 on that.. I've killed three deer in one season with the same arrow and head combo.. if nothing is bent or broken, I clean it off, check it for straightness, test fire the arrow then re-sharpen the blades.. This is on the ST standards for me.
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

I've killed 6 turkeys and 3 hogs with the same Muzzy head. I own 6 but haven't had to use the others. I do use one of the others for target shooting
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
bubba

Post by bubba »

X-3 depends on your aim, and how many deer you want to take. I have a three deer limit set by myself, and three hogs. The deer will receive Swhackers this year and the hogs will get Slick Tricks. And that will get my wife and myself, and a friend here and there through tell next year. I never take more than i need...
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Yes sir you can take 3 wid 1 but 3 is better jus in case. Plus i always have a pak of back-ups jus cause things happen!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

my first 4 deer I shot, two one year and two the 2nd year when I first got my exocet 200....was with the same arrow and slick trick, just put in new blades and back in quiver :wink: ....
exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

bob1961 wrote:my first 4 deer I shot, two one year and two the 2nd year when I first got my exocet 200....was with the same arrow and slick trick, just put in new blades and back in quiver :wink: ....
X2 on that I use the same arrow and broadhead even though I carry 4. The most I usually take with the Excal is 4 but always use new blades after each kill.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Its not the deer that consume the broadheads lately. Its a question of how many im gonna launch at those darn coyotes lol.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
excalxbowner

Post by excalxbowner »

Thanks for the feedback. I think i can get by with the pack of three i just bought from Danny Miller. Got to get some replacement blades like some of you have. How long do the ferrules last?
Last edited by excalxbowner on Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matrix 355
Diablo bolts
150 grain Slick Tricks
Boltcutter BH
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

I still have the dozen I started out with but one....it is still stuck in the tree when I missed the first time with my exocet 200 on the 5th deer ever shot at :roll: ....depends on how hard you hit a rock, at the most I just need a quick buzz with the dremel and all is good again :wink: ....
exocet 200. STS dampers.
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

excalxbowner wrote:Thanks for the feedback. I think i can get by with the pack of three i just bought from Danny Miller. Got to get some replacement blades like some of you have. How long do the ferrules last?
Depends on what they come in contact with. Possible that they could last forever or maybe only 1 time if the arrow hits some of those rocks like Vixenmaster has out in his neck of the woods. Shot one of my Muzzy's through a hog and into a pine tree. Had to get a hammer and wood chisel to get it out. The ferrule was fine but I had to touch up the blades a bit.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

here is one I took my dremel too, it is still in use :wink: ....

exocet 200. STS dampers.
swiftfox

Post by swiftfox »

I have shot two deer in the last two years with my slick trick 100 gr aluminum arrow and I am going for number three this year with the same arrow and slick trick. each vein has a marker on it with the year and doe or buck. this year is the deciding vein. " excuse the pun". Last year was a six point buck. Wish me luck.
Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the Devil says "Oh! crap She's up"