Slooowww 380

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

Re: Slooowww 380

Post by longbow joe »

Cars .electric consumption on apliances. Gas milage . And cost of ownership figures. This is america why cant canada stretch a figure a tiny bit!
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Boo

Post by Boo »

I believe that the slower the limbs, the better the longevity. That said, other than field test bows, I have no idea how fast my bows are. I don't chronograph my bows because 15 ft/sec won't change anything. I just set my scope and hunt.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
bubba

Post by bubba »

As stated above is fine. I'm sure there are a lot of people who feel the same way. I know i've heard it countless times. And also the deer will never notice a arrow going 357 f.p.s. or an arrow going 385 f.p.s. Still just as dead... I knew these replies were coming , and i'm sure others will post theirs. But this thread was started asking about a M 380 shooting 15 feet under advertised speed.. not about how much arrow weight they shoot, or having the fastest bow, being a speed freak. Variables? Look if every one took their 380 with a stock string, and a weighed 350 grain arrow,Shot through a chronograph there should not be to much of a variable.. So give or take a couple f.p.s. either way. Its not about finding Nirvana in your 380 or chi, or a higher state of mental awareness with your bow. Smile.. Its about speed achieved with advertised posted statements..All i'm saying is the facts that i have come up with and my son, We try and learn the facts on all that we get into. We want to know the technical information. That's all folks.....
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Your paying for advertised speed when choosing your bow.... otherwise a 310 or 330 would cost the same as a 380 or 409... people deserve to get what they are paying addiitional $ for when putting out big bucks for more performance.....

just my $.02, for what it's worth.

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
bubba

Post by bubba »

L. E. Carroll wrote:Your paying for advertised speed when choosing your bow.... otherwise a 310 or 330 would cost the same as a 380 or 409... people deserve to get what they are paying addiitional $ for when putting out big bucks for more performance.....

Gene
Thank you sir... That's all i'm saying also.
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
bubba

Post by bubba »

It must be in the fingers... Dang double posts....
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Boo wrote:I believe that the slower the limbs, the better the longevity. That said, other than field test bows, I have no idea how fast my bows are. I don't chronograph my bows because 15 ft/sec won't change anything. I just set my scope and hunt.
....well said Don!....and exactly how I fell!!!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

bubba wrote:
L. E. Carroll wrote:Your paying for advertised speed when choosing your bow.... otherwise a 310 or 330 would cost the same as a 380 or 409... people deserve to get what they are paying addiitional $ for when putting out big bucks for more performance.....

Gene
Thank you sir... That's all i'm saying also.

..... Are you guys saying that the other Matrix'' shoot the advertised speeds with the same set up?... Also I do not believe speed is the only criteria in price differential...do they all come with ADF, suppressors, etc....and what do we do if God forbid our bow out shoots the advertised speed.... I am just funning here!!! Not making fun of anyone... I am just plain happy with how my 380 shoots...with my setup!

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
bubba

Post by bubba »

And may the force be with you grass hopper... Just a funning too.. I'm glad your happy, and happy your glad..
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

Boo wrote:I believe that the slower the limbs, the better the longevity.
When I was talking with Danny Miller if I should go with the heaviest limbs possible on a project I was toying with and he told me that if it were his build he would always prefer to go with a low deflection limb and get his speed from the powerstroke. So there you have it from Don and Danny, two of the most knowledgeable Excalibur people I have ever met. All that being said, I still went with the highest deflection limbs I could find! :shock: If I can pick up 15fps with a limb swap I'd do it, but that's just my preference.

Disclaimer: I also live in ON where a returned limb set would only take a few days of down time and I have backups.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

amythntr wrote:.... I have found Nirvana in my 380...hoping others can find their Nirvana also....
I have never even fired my 380 once with a stock string, nor an arrow that weighs as little as 350 grains. Nor do I ever plan on doing so. I've also never chronographed it and don't think I'll ever bother. The Hawke's speed ring is set right at 370, and that appears to work at all ranges, close enough for me.

It does what I want it to with the Custom Boo Strings, and Big John Works of Art right out to 100 yards - consistently.
As in every single time.
As in over 3,500 times now.
It also kills deer Damn Dead when I ask it to.
And that's about as Good as It Gets IMHO.

For those who fret the small stuff, by all means do what you feel you must to make things "right" in your mind's eye.

As for me - I'll be the Lad out there either dead-centering targets at range, or working yet another buck - with the rather HUGE Smile on my mug that this bow puts there! :wink:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
bubba

Post by bubba »

And i admit Racking up points i feel the same way, Danny Miller said this to me also. And i have read Boo say this a number of times. And i have the utmost respect for both, they have forgotten more that i could probably learn. But give me the higher limbs every time..
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

my 355 only registered 330 with a 380ish arrow. I was told that it seemed a little slow but it does not matter to me cuz it is still the fastest bow I have had and the physical size was my reason for buying it and the critters have yet to complain about it' being slow :!: :lol: :lol:
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvesteD
REVX
matrix 355
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
SWAT BROADHEADS
Boo string
Dagriz knife
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

amythntr wrote:
Boo wrote:I believe that the slower the limbs, the better the longevity. That said, other than field test bows, I have no idea how fast my bows are. I don't chronograph my bows because 15 ft/sec won't change anything. I just set my scope and hunt.
....well said Don!....and exactly how I fell!!!

I will second that motion... NO difference! I don't get all this speed craze stuff. What/How does that really make a difference... Now, what I want to know Anthony, Is where you "fell" at? You ok, did you hurt yourself? :lol: Gotcha'. Just pickin' on ya'... :mrgreen:
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
Southern Comfort

Post by Southern Comfort »

This whole thread boils down to how one's mind works. To some numbers and statistics mean nothing to others it keeps them up at night. Me personally i am a number guy, i research things to the end and admittedly to far sometimes. When I received my 380 one of the fist things i did was shoot it through the chronograph to see if i was getting the advertised speed with the set up Excalibur published , my blackout punched out a bolt a 350 grain bolt with the factory string at 379 fps. This was acceptable to me. Acceptable criteria depends on the individual, and there is no wrong answer just what you are personally willing to accept. For me, as mentioned previously I can get over obsessive at times, 15 fps slower would drive me nuts to the point that it would literally keep me up at night(not joking sleepless nights). I have never regretted my purchase or any experience I have had with Excalibur including the time i had a broken limb tip. But for what it is worth when I sent my bow in, your can bet, I requested for the highest deflection limb i could get. Again this is to each his own and what floats one's boat, to me i have to obtain what "is" or real close to what is advertised any product knowing, that i am going to add additional aftermarket parts to increase the performance or appearance of such items.
Matrix 380 blackout
18" Zombies/92 gr. brass inserts
100 gr. Slick Trick Mag
18" Spinal Tapp's
170 gr F.O.C's
NChunter/BOO/ VixenMaster strings