Micro pops !

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Sloppy Does

Micro pops !

Post by Sloppy Does »

About a month ago I bought my second Micro. From day one it pops when I cock it. Not every time but most. It feels like when the pressure of the string is off of me and the rope cocker that somewhere in the bow something gives a little. Its not very loud just a small pop. The accuracy of the bow is very good. It doesn't seem to affect anything but I'm concerned. My other Micro doesn't do it at all. I am familiar with these bows and have taken the rail off the stock and checked every bolt and screw and the limbs to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.
Axe 340
308 SHORT
ZEISS XB 75
Trigger1212

Re: Micro pops !

Post by Trigger1212 »

If it makes the noise as your letting up on the cocking rope there is good chance its co.i g from the trigger group/housing when the string load is settling on it. Remove trigger, look for any burrs or foreign mtter that may stop it from seating solid an reinstall. If still there swap w the trigger on your other micro. Then you will know.
Matrix 355 - "Spike"
20 " BE Executioners, 110 gr brass inserts, 2" blazers
NAP 100 gr Spitfires
Wyvern Flemish String
DM Bumpers
Semper Fi!
bubba

Post by bubba »

X-2 That sounds like the best bet. Only after cocking and the string settles on the trigger, sounds like a bind after the weight is applied.
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Normous

Post by Normous »

Re check the 2 trigger block screws, a few here have solved the little pop tightening those two screws.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Chefrific

Post by Chefrific »

My micro does the EXACT same thing. Where are these block screws located?
-2019 Assassin 420
-2015 Micro 335 RTX
-2013 Vortex
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

The trigger block screws are what holds the trigger unit to the mainframe. To access them, you'll need to remove your stock from the mainframe. They are hidden from view, but you can reach them with your Allen wrenches once the stock is removed.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Chefrific

Post by Chefrific »

racking up points wrote:The trigger block screws are what holds the trigger unit to the mainframe. To access them, you'll need to remove your stock from the mainframe. They are hidden from view, but you can reach them with your Allen wrenches once the stock is removed.
I removed my stock. So just to be sure, the trigger block screws are the two that are just in front and just behind the trigger?
-2019 Assassin 420
-2015 Micro 335 RTX
-2013 Vortex
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....silly me, I thought Excalibur went into the "ice pop" business.... :lol:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Sloppy Does

Post by Sloppy Does »

Those two screws r tight on mine and have been since day one. Anything else I can try?
Axe 340
308 SHORT
ZEISS XB 75
bubba

Post by bubba »

There is really nothing left, but to send your whole trigger assembly in for a check up.. Get in touch with Excalbur and see what they say to do. Unless some one else has a option?
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
strum

Post by strum »

Chefrific wrote:
racking up points wrote:The trigger block screws are what holds the trigger unit to the mainframe. To access them, you'll need to remove your stock from the mainframe. They are hidden from view, but you can reach them with your Allen wrenches once the stock is removed.
I removed my stock. So just to be sure, the trigger block screws are the two that are just in front and just behind the trigger?
Correct !!
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
miller1buc

Post by miller1buc »

Mine also does this. Accuracy is great and trigger pull doesnt seem affected. Is it anything to be concerned about?
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

It will only get worse, so yes, I would recommend doing as the guys said, snug them up.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Chefrific

Post by Chefrific »

Tightening the two trigger block screws fixed my "popping" problem. Thanks for the advice!
-2019 Assassin 420
-2015 Micro 335 RTX
-2013 Vortex
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

If'en the trigger tightnin doesn't solve that, then lossen the limb screws n the strap limb bars shove the limbs towards the Riser n retighten all of them
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315