Zeiss on Capt. Morgan

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

SEW

Re: Zeiss on Capt. Morgan

Post by SEW »

Mike,
That's a very low mileage 78 Toyota. I like your scope and agree on the very functional, simple reticle. Zeiss has a winner.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

vixenmaster wrote:
xcaliber wrote:Nice Mike, very nice! Is that scope as good as the reviews on it?
I think it is, i looked through a dz diff scopes of all types mostly crossbow models. The Zeiss had the best recticle fer my style of huntin i found. Very fast models will be in the upper 2x7 range. Capt. Morgan is right at the 4x n i have it adjusted fer my eyesight. Lens is sharp n clear. My marks are shown wid their yardage beside it. No second guessing is it 30 yd chevron or the 50 yd in the moment of shot. I will be buyin anudder one fer sure. Yup $399 is steep to a poor boy but these sure let you see what yer shootin!
I like it! Not in the market just yet, but maybe you can sway my opinion. :lol: Keep me posted Mike, I'm interested in what you think after stretching it out.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Congrats Mike, that looks great! Is that scope illuminated?

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Great looking set up Mike!!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

paulaboutform wrote:Congrats Mike, that looks great! Is that scope illuminated?

Paul
No its not, but i will find out how it does on late afternoon hunts in next few weeks
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
bubba

Post by bubba »

Nice Zeiss mike... But you must have a long neck.. That scope looks high. I guess it's just me. I like my scopes as low as they can go. Any how congrats bud..
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

bubba wrote:Nice Zeiss mike... But you must have a long neck.. That scope looks high. I guess it's just me. I like my scopes as low as they can go. Any how congrats bud..
I can't kink my neck over on the stock very well. I have one of my herniaed Disc's in my neck. Jus one of lifes many pleasures :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

Sam, just Sam...

Post by Sam, just Sam... »

vixenmaster wrote:Hot dang its on my friends. Tick Toters will be quakin n shakin as they pass my Hang-On stands in 2 weeks. Capt. Morgan dressed in his Red/White n Blue attire wid his red slave string fer the string adjustments,not. Should be well shot in by this weekend along wid 1 dz more strings.
2 thoughts, 1. The nightmare is SOOO sexy! Love it. 2 I need to keep an old car around to show off my bow on, it adds something, you know? :D
Titus 2:11-14, 2 Cor 5:11-21,
Micro, not much done to it, pretty awesome as is.
Sam
Trigger1212

Post by Trigger1212 »

Mike,

It's been said already but my first thought was dang those are high mounts! I know your not the "Stiff Necked" type so we will go with the herniated discs!

I reallllly like the reticle on that scope, especially the fact that they put the yardage next to the chevron. I've got a Hawke XB 30 and that is the one thing I wish it had, always counting cheverons to make sure I'm on the right one.

Wish list for the Zeiss:
1. Illuminated reticle! If a scope does not have that I will not put it on the bow, for ME, it makes shooting so much easier and is a real confidence builder.
2. Wish the reticle had marks out all the way to 100 yards. I will NOT be shooting at game at that distance but it IS fun to do it in practice!

Good luck in the woods and we expect a full report on the scope after you have some "real world" experience!
Matrix 355 - "Spike"
20 " BE Executioners, 110 gr brass inserts, 2" blazers
NAP 100 gr Spitfires
Wyvern Flemish String
DM Bumpers
Semper Fi!
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

That is sweeter than sweet tea
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I got a chance this evenin to shoot 3 times. 1st shot was at 10 yds n it hit the dot almost dead center. So its on fer sure, shot at 30 yds on 2nd shot hit 2" high. Adjusted the power setting from bein set at 350 to midway between the 350 n 375 or about 4.5x. Cha-ching sweet dead center on the 1 1/2" blk dot. I could not see the dot at 30 yds wid me eye as it were 7:42 pm. That scope sure could see it! :D
Half Bubble Off BD360

vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Maybe my dead center of dot at 30 yds was me not holdin a good rest. I was shootin jus abit ago, i had to turn the x power up to the 5 in the 375 at 5x. Its zinging the arrow in my Gn Bone Collector Morrell bag. Knats n skeeters got to bitin too much on me, so i quit :( Its not gonna drop temps til this comin Tues. I am reall y wantin this summer heat to go to Mexico :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I weighed me arrows GTII's, 372gr is the lightest the heaviest is 382gr. I don't knowed the fps they are getting but my Zeiss is set a touch shy of 5x =375 fps. I made myself a nice string were shootin in at this time, :D
Half Bubble Off BD360

Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

wow . . . thought you jus dialing in yer scope, but guess yer working up a whole new recipe to get'er right on the money :wink:
-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Starvin' Hillbilly wrote:wow . . . thought you jus dialing in yer scope, but guess yer working up a whole new recipe to get'er right on the money :wink:
-ken
I am tryin to pull out all stops on Captain Morgan. I finally got the 40 yd xhair set this mornin. So 10-20-30-40 yds are right. Zeiss scope fps is est. at 360.
Half Bubble Off BD360