Anyone recently order from South Shore?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

R4fan

Anyone recently order from South Shore?

Post by R4fan »

I know the season is coming up and they are busy, and have on their website an average 7-10 day turnaround time. It's almost been 10 days, and am just wondering what the turnaround time was for a dozen arrows, if anyone bought some recently.

Just impatient and can't wait to shoot my new bow. I might end up going someplace local and picking up a couple arrows just in case. :mrgreen:
Normous

Re: Anyone recently order from South Shore?

Post by Normous »

7 to 10 days are Bus. days and add a few during the busy season and long weekends....no worries, you will get your order soon.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

They will be worth the wait.....
Right--- like putting a candy bar in front of a kid and telling them not to touch it :lol:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
R4fan

Post by R4fan »

Yeah, I figure I should get my order soon. Plus I paid the extra for priority mail. :mrgreen: I've had my 380 for a couple weeks and haven't even shot it yet! I have a new Rinehart 18-1 and some RamCats waiting! :D

Posting here is like therapy to help me cope! :lol:
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

I ordered on Monday and am biting at the bit myself.
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Just curious, I know all about impatience but at the time of purchase did you also get a stringer? ( may call it a string aid device ). Excals are notorious for string stretch when new.... Many people get in such a hurry to go out to shoot they may overlook ensuring correct brace height.. The string should be at least 1/4" off the bumpers to start and maintained at at least 3/16" gap. This is adjusted by removing the string on one end and twisting counter-clockwise to shorten as pressure is being maintained on the limbs by the string aid device.

I only mention this because 380's have been known to have limb tip issues which Excal has determined can be caused by too low of brace height... You have a great model and it will last you years if you make sure the screws are kept tight, string is in good repair and as mentioned, brace height is maintained.

Have fun !
Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
R4fan

Post by R4fan »

Gene,

Thanks for the info. I bought a bare bow from Wyvern, and also got one of the heavy duty stringers as well. :wink:

I'm just waiting on arrows... :mrgreen:

bubba

Post by bubba »

Relax.. Jerry is super busy right now. I stopped by last week to pick up some vanes and nock's since i'll be heading to Mississippi the end of the month. And he was rocking and rolling making arrows. Sit back and listen to some S.R.V, or Merle Haggard, the wait will be worth it. Smile...
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
R4fan

Post by R4fan »

No worries, I would assume he's really busy right now. I was just curious on a time frame since I can't wait to go out and shoot and get my bow sighted in. :wink:
SouthShoreRat

Post by SouthShoreRat »

Guys, we are working 7 days a week 14 hours a day to attempt to get a handle on our huge volume of orders. This year orders of arrows alone tripled over last year this time. There are 5 people dedicated to building and shipping arrows.

We were running at the 10 day mark last week and if all goes well today we will be back to 7 business days tomorrow morning.

I want to thank everyone for your patience for sure! I promise you one thing this time of year I never take a day off, it drives me nuts when I see companies that are back ordered shut down just like it doesn't matter what a customer needs.

So we are here everyday building arrows because we know the importance of this time of year!

Thanks
Jerry
The things you do today will be tomorrows topics of conversation, make it a good story!
www.southshorearcherysupply.com
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....this time of year we all feel like, "....I want an Oompa-loompa, and I want it now!" :lol:

/1072_MAINIMAGE_0%207200720x26510%2072001440x5302721%20999901275x4701721%20999902550x9402_2977__zpsalne1prv.jpg.html]Image[/URL]

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

. . .but ya gotta take time for yourself Jerry, get a little blood on an arra! :wink:
-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
Chefrific

Post by Chefrific »

All good things come to he who waits....

The zombie slayers that Jerry built for my micro are a work of art.
WELL WORTH THE WAIT!!!

Hang in there, you will NOT be disappointed. And get ready for your jaw to drop when you see how accurate your Excal will be.

-2019 Assassin 420
-2015 Micro 335 RTX
-2013 Vortex
R4fan

Post by R4fan »

Jerry,

I didn't know you were on here... :oops: No worries with the wait, I was just asking since it seems like you have a following here. I already assumed you were busy with arrow orders with the upcoming season. I'm just a little impatient, this is my first crossbow. :mrgreen:

If you guys want to really wait, order a custom firearm/furniture or get a gun built. I ordered a custom rifle receiver with my kid's birth date as the serial number. That took way over a year to get. :shock:
R4fan

Post by R4fan »

Chefrific wrote:All good things come to he who waits....

The zombie slayers that Jerry built for my micro are a work of art.
WELL WORTH THE WAIT!!!

Hang in there, you will NOT be disappointed. And get ready for your jaw to drop when you see how accurate your Excal will be.

Nice, I'll have the exact same setup. Zombie Slayers with RamCats. I just opted for a yellow cock vane and the two hen vanes are green. :D