DrStirrup

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Re: DrStirrup

Post by amythntr »

.....someone had asked for the price of the Kocker since there is no price on the DrStirrup website....Gaston has contacted me and said that is because they are not ready to ship... He does not want to list his price and have people ordering only to be waiting for delivery...please be patient...!he is working as hard as he can... As soon as he is ready to ship he will list the price and orders can begin!

Reporting from the woods of the northern part of the People's Republic of New Jersey.... :mrgreen:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Carphunter

Post by Carphunter »

I've got to ask since I've seen this listed in a few posts about the stirrup.
When people talk about not putting an arrow in their foot while it's in the stirrup...what are they doing? Or do they mean people forgot to remove the arrow before manually decocking the bow?
Normous

Post by Normous »

Carphunter wrote:I've got to ask since I've seen this listed in a few posts about the stirrup.
When people talk about not putting an arrow in their foot while it's in the stirrup...what are they doing? Or do they mean people forgot to remove the arrow before manually decocking the bow?
There are a few members here with Trophy Boots with a nice broadhead hole in them after accidently uncocking their crossbow without removing their arrow first.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Normous wrote:
Carphunter wrote:I've got to ask since I've seen this listed in a few posts about the stirrup.
There are a few members here with Trophy Boots with a nice broadhead hole in them after accidently uncocking their crossbow without removing their arrow first.
...caused by not focusing on the task at hand, decocking it in the dark and not having a clear visual, discussing the day's hunt with others in the group instead of concentrating on the decocking process...or just plain fatigue might have set in....

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Carphunter

Post by Carphunter »

never would have occurred to me as i normally decock by shooting a ft arrow into a target back at camp :)
was going to switch methods this year... and this gives me something to be cognizant of.
Normous

Post by Normous »

It only happens if you shoot shorter than normal arrows recommended for your particular Excalibur Model. With normal length arrows your boot tip would kick the arrow our of the way when placing your foot into the stirrup.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

I keep my arrows long enough so that I can't get my foot into the stirrup without removing the arrow first.
I did watch someone try to shoot their foot one day, but I stopped him first.
He was gonna uncock his barnett with his cocking rope like I do, but left the arrow in. It was not a broad head, but still would have left a hole in his foot. :shock:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

amythntr wrote:.....someone had asked for the price of the Kocker since there is no price on the DrStirrup website....Gaston has contacted me and said that is because they are not ready to ship... He does not want to list his price and have people ordering only to be waiting for delivery...please be patient...!he is working as hard as he can... As soon as he is ready to ship he will list the price and orders can begin!

Reporting from the woods of the northern part of the People's Republic of New Jersey.... :mrgreen:

Greetings Anthony. I spoke with Gaston on Tue., 9-22 He just called to thank me for my order (was just for the bumpers) and that it was to be shipped today. Asked if I had any questions about his products. Said that he is waiting on the packaging material. (for the Rope kocker) Should be ready by early Oct. This is one stand up guy. Really look forward to trying his products... J.
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Hey Folks,
I went to the DrStirrup website to ask questions and to find out in particular if there was any dealers in or around my area because I was interested in seeing the product. And to see it installed on a crossbow before I made a purchase. That is the way I am with most items that I buy. Unfortunately to say, I never even received a return email, from Gaston or anyone else. I even had contact information for a Distributor that deals with hunting and fishing supplies and other odds and ends, all around the Maritime Provinces but no one contacted me from DrStirrup.
Thank you,
Raymond
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

He is very busy and it took about a month for him to get back to me.
Very impressed with Gaston and his ideas. Outstanding guy that is over worked at the present time ;)
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Unfortunately, the way my memory works now I hope I will not forget about this Dr.Stirrup. I have a lot of trouble remembering from a day to the next a lot of times. I will help Gaston out as much as I can if he wants any help from me, I will do my best.
Raymond
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Raymond wrote:Unfortunately, the way my memory works now I hope I will not forget about this Dr.Stirrup. I have a lot of trouble remembering from a day to the next a lot of times. I will help Gaston out as much as I can if he wants any help from me, I will do my best.
Raymond

....Raymond, the way that DrStirrup needs your help is by talking up his products if you genuinely feel that his product have helped both silence your bow and made your bow easier to cock....talking about his products means also if you have a local bow shop...bring your bow in to show them and give them his contact info from his website (drStirrup.com)

Thanks,

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Anthony,
I cannot talk up Gaston and his products to be genuinely honest and helpful to him right now because I only am able to see the products on the DrStirrup website. I cannot say or feel that his product have helped both silence my bow and nor has it made my bow easier to cock because I have not had the chance to put one on my crossbow or see one or try one out on someone else's crossbow because there is none in the area.
Most products I need to see and handle them, and try the product mounted before I purchase product like that. I know of a local shop that sells nothing but Excalibur Crossbow's in their sports department from previously working in that store before my health took a major drop and I had to retire. I also know of a Distributor/Supplier of Hunting and Fishing Supplies for the Maritime Provinces and he is the supplier for all the Maritime businesses that sells Excalibur Crossbows. I actually know of more stores also but I have nothing but their web site to start with and I cannot even show them his product so I would look sort of funny walking into businesses with nothing physical to show them.
Thanks,
Raymond
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Raymond wrote:Anthony,
I cannot talk up Gaston and his products to be genuinely honest and helpful to him right now because I only am able to see the products on the DrStirrup website. I cannot say or feel that his product have helped both silence my bow and nor has it made my bow easier to cock because I have not had the chance to put one on my crossbow or see one or try one out on someone else's crossbow because there is none in the area.
Most products I need to see and handle them, and try the product mounted before I purchase product like that. I know of a local shop that sells nothing but Excalibur Crossbow's in their sports department from previously working in that store before my health took a major drop and I had to retire. I also know of a Distributor/Supplier of Hunting and Fishing Supplies for the Maritime Provinces and he is the supplier for all the Maritime businesses that sells Excalibur Crossbows. I actually know of more stores also but I have nothing but their web site to start with and I cannot even show them his product so I would look sort of funny walking into businesses with nothing physical to show them.
Thanks,
Raymond
Hi Raymond...I have been in contact with DrStirrup (Gaston) earlier today...in fact, he contacted me especially regarding your above post...He specifically told me to have you contact him through email at: [email protected] and he will take care of you....if you would like to reach him by phone, you can call him on his cell at 1.819.475.2120....I hope that this helps you and I am sure he will have you set up in no time....

best regards,

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

Does the Safe Stirrup shown on the website fit the Matrix Grizzly ?

Reason I ask is that at the bottom of the page it reads:

"Handle your crossbow more easily thanks to the DrStirrup: a light, strong and versatile stirrup. It fits on all Excalibur Matrix crossbows, including previous generations with large limbs (does not fit on models made of polymer barrel)."
Parker Challenger
Gen-1 Micro 335 Camo
Matrix Cub
Bear Legion Compound