Which is the best target to use

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Heusser

Which is the best target to use

Post by Heusser »

I just bought a new matrix 405 and shot it and it got stuck in the middle of my target I'm getting a new one so which target do yall think will stop this bow
deertrx

Re: Which is the best target to use

Post by deertrx »

Bulldog Plus comes out of Canada! You cant go wrong. Try Amazon 4 best price.
:D I love mine! Good luck! :)
deertrx
Matrix 380 Xtra " Sweets "
Leupold Crossbones
TT Matrix Hunter 2.5
Boo Strings Danny Millers Bumpers
18" BE Zombies, Slick Trick 150 xbow BH's
" She's a beaut Clark! "
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Spider Web targets are great for field points, it has the easiest arrow removal on the market, you can use 2 fingers to pull the arrows out. Wyvern Creations sells them they're pretty amazing.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
Phil W

Post by Phil W »

I use Morralls Yellow Jacket for field points and I can pull them out with two fingers. I use a Rinehart 18-1 for my 3 blade fixed Boltcutters. Although I have to use a screw on T-handel (8-32 thread) to pull the broadhead out of the Rinehart, it 's not that bad. I'm shooting a Matrix 355 at 339 fps. I spent a total of $175 for these two targets, but am completely satisfied. Thanks to some great recomendations on this forum I made the right choice .
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

The Rinehart 18-1 and Rinehart Rhino Block are 2 of the most popular targets used on this site. You will need a pair of Danny Miller, arrow pliers to aid in arrow removal. Money well spent.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Agreed with the Rhinehart Targets. They're great for field points and broadheads. I have a spyderweb target and they're fantastic but if you shoot the same hole inside of thirty yards you'll blow through within about four shots. I really like my third hand archery rag bag target. They're about $25.00 and you fill it with strips of clothing minus zippers and buttons. They're a real pain in the nether regions to fill but once you do it'll stop your 405 at point blank range all day.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
OhioXBowhunter

Post by OhioXBowhunter »

I use the Rinehart 18-1 for broadheads and I have a Morrell block 4 sided target for field tips for my 405. Don't shoot field tips in the 18-1 with the 405 or you'll never get them out. Good luck
400 Suppressor TD
Bulldog 440
Matrix 405
Black Eagle Zombies
Black Eagle Executioners
G5 Montecs / Mega meats
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

OhioXBowhunter wrote:I use the Rinehart 18-1 for broadheads and I have a Morrell block 4 sided target for field tips for my 405. Don't shoot field tips in the 18-1 with the 405 or you'll never get them out. Good luck
Four words for easy arrow removal: DANNY MILLER PLIER PULLERS! Seriously, once you get them and the first time you use them your first thought will be, "I wish I'd gotten these from the get go!"
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
CrazyAce

Post by CrazyAce »

I also shoot the m405. And this is what i've found to stop 'em.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CB1 ... ge_o00_s00

Two finger removal all day long. No need for pliers as it doesn't "hold" the arra. I believe it's a rag bag May have some foam in the middle.
-SnotRocket-
Matrix 405
DLX scope
TriggerTech 2.5#
DrStirrup rig
8ptbuk, vixenmaster, Boo Flemish String
Zombie Slayer, Executioner
Wabi Call
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

paulaboutform wrote:
OhioXBowhunter wrote:I use the Rinehart 18-1 for broadheads and I have a Morrell block 4 sided target for field tips for my 405. Don't shoot field tips in the 18-1 with the 405 or you'll never get them out. Good luck
Four words for easy arrow removal: DANNY MILLER PLIER PULLERS! Seriously, once you get them and the first time you use them your first thought will be, "I wish I'd gotten these from the get go!"
Also, if you remove the labels on your arrows they will be easier to remove from the Rinehart targets. Seems the paint forms a weld with the heat from friction as they enter. Just a bit of laquer thinner on a rag will do this. If you use a tad of scorpion venom arrow lube on the first inch or so of arrow after this it will be easier still. Good luck