Can't understand

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

W.Miguire

Can't understand

Post by W.Miguire »

I have read so many post about accuracy . seems like some folks worry more about how they do on paper than on the game they are after. I think it should be just the reverse. I'm sure there will be some after thoughts on this .if a arrow is not quite as good as others it's good enough for hunting . I don't understand this logic. :roll:
xcaliber

Re: Can't understand

Post by xcaliber »

I always put my best 4 in the quiver!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
bubba

Post by bubba »

What? I'm a little confused with your logic? Shooting paper is what you do to make shooting game possible. How can you reverse that? I would never go hunting without knowing where my arrow or bullet is gonna hit. And shooting paper is how you get there..Don't know what else to say... And if one arrow is not hitting consistently with the others on paper. And i can't correct it? it simply goes in the trash.
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

Good for you Bubba, that's the way it should be. :)
Eck

Post by Eck »

bubba wrote:What? I'm a little confused with your logic? Shooting paper is what you do to make shooting game possible. How can you reverse that? I would never go hunting without knowing where my arrow or bullet is gonna hit. And shooting paper is how you get there..Don't know what else to say... And if one arrow is not hitting consistently with the others on paper. And i can't correct it? it simply goes in the trash.
+1
Micro 335
Matrix 380
Boofest 2016 Matrix 330
Trigger Techs all around
125 gr. QAD Exodus (Micro) 100 gr Slicks otherwise
Strings by Vixenmaster
Arrows by Xcaliber
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

There are many who often say that it's good enough for hunting when talking about accuracy, etc. Some confusion may be interpreted with that statement, and I have said it myself. I speak for myself when saying that I shoot at greater distances on the range than I ever would shoot at a deer. When 2" groups at 50 yards are not going to win 3D tournaments, 30 yards at less than 1" groups are "Good enough for hunting"! I still put my best in the quiver!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Are you referring to those who deem an arrow unfit for 3d but ok for hunting? This I can understand.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Livtahunt

Post by Livtahunt »

Eck wrote:
bubba wrote:What? I'm a little confused with your logic? Shooting paper is what you do to make shooting game possible. How can you reverse that? I would never go hunting without knowing where my arrow or bullet is gonna hit. And shooting paper is how you get there..Don't know what else to say... And if one arrow is not hitting consistently with the others on paper. And i can't correct it? it simply goes in the trash.
+1
+2
Exomax, Equinox, Matrix 380 and now a Scorpyd Aculeus
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

EX. I think you get my meaning.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I am one of those ppl. who doesn't have bad arrows that go into the trash can. Mine are all good, some maybe not so accurate as other ppl's. I take my worst arrow n hunt wid it 1st. Yup i sight it in, move my scope til it hits well enuff to hit a tennis ball size area at least 40 yds. Usually one or 2 of my other arrows will hit very close. So i kill a deer n sight in usin my next arrow or two, n so on thru the rest n the season
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
bubba

Post by bubba »

W.Miguire wrote:EX. I think you get my meaning.
I read your question a few times, and answered it the way i understood it. If i failed to to grasp the meaning ? Well i'm sure glad some body did. never was any good at puzzles,and bad mitten. Smile...
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
kd8jgu

Post by kd8jgu »

How I work it
For crossbow group 4 bolts that shot very close to each other
Those I set up for quiver
For vert bow I do groups of 5

With both my bolts and arrows they never seem to be that much of a difference
May my aim be true and my arrow fly straight

Micro 335 (Porky's Piglet)
Stock string
Quill