DrStirrup Installed on M380

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

SEC-ond 2 none

DrStirrup Installed on M380

Post by SEC-ond 2 none »

Received the DrStirrup Kit late yesterday evening. Installed it early this morning. Here are my thoughts about Gaston's inventions:::

All items were nicely packaged and instructions provided made for easy installation.
The 4 x 4 rope cocker rope seemed to have some stretch to it but after 3 adjustments it worked really well. Rollers were smooth and well designed.
Cocking my bow was much easier with the 4x4 cocker and the Excal rope cocker.
Went to 50 yd. mark and shot 5 times. Shots were about 1-1/2" low and 1-" right.
The noise and vibration was reduced, IMO. I was shooting off my bench and used a MTM rest.
Went to 20 yds. and re sighted. Got it hitting a dime size dot. back to 50 yds. and made a speed ring adjustment going from 370 to 365 on the speed dial.
Arrows now hitting inside of a 1-1/4" circle.
I was wearing un insulated rubber boots during the cocking process and had no trouble with the stirrup. Shall see what happens later in the year with insulated hunting boots.
All in All, I think Gaston has a winner with his DrStirrup Kit .
Disclaimer:::: These are MY FINDINGS. This kit works for me! Your findings may vary. Thank You For Reading.
BTW;;; I'm sometimes tell someone to be careful or be safe. I need to take my own advice. Cut my thumb open with a slick trick when attaching it to my arrow. I know, I know. I didn't have a broad .head wrench for a four blade broad head. Bloody lesson learned and yes, THEY ARE EXTREMELY SHARP ! No broad head testing today. :oops:

Happy Trails
Stephen
Matrix 380
amythntr

Re: DrStirrup Installed on M380

Post by amythntr »

SEC-ond 2 none wrote:Received the DrStirrup Kit late yesterday evening. Installed it early this morning. Here are my thoughts about Gaston's inventions:::

All items were nicely packaged and instructions provided made for easy installation.
The 4 x 4 rope cocker rope seemed to have some stretch to it but after 3 adjustments it worked really well. Rollers were smooth and well designed.
Cocking my bow was much easier with the 4x4 cocker and the Excal rope cocker.
Went to 50 yd. mark and shot 5 times. Shots were about 1-1/2" low and 1-" right.
The noise and vibration was reduced, IMO. I was shooting off my bench and used a MTM rest.
Went to 20 yds. and re sighted. Got it hitting a dime size dot. back to 50 yds. and made a speed ring adjustment going from 370 to 365 on the speed dial.
Arrows now hitting inside of a 1-1/4" circle.
I was wearing un insulated rubber boots during the cocking process and had no trouble with the stirrup. Shall see what happens later in the year with insulated hunting boots.
All in All, I think Gaston has a winner with his DrStirrup Kit .
Disclaimer:::: These are MY FINDINGS. This kit works for me! Your findings may vary. Thank You For Reading.
BTW;;; I'm sometimes tell someone to be careful or be safe. I need to take my own advice. Cut my thumb open with a slick trick when attaching it to my arrow. I know, I know. I didn't have a broad .head wrench for a four blade broad head. Bloody lesson learned and yes, THEY ARE EXTREMELY SHARP ! No broad head testing today. :oops:

Happy Trails
Stephen
....yep!...similar to my findings...what some people have not mentioned because maybe they have not had a need to do it, but....the stirrup is designed so that it allows for cocking of the crossbow while seated....this might help people with back issues, belly issues and or height issues...all in all a great product indeed...

Anthony :)
Last edited by amythntr on Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Drew

Post by Drew »

So what is a DrStirrup? Pics? Sounds like it's worth looking into
Drew
2013 Matrix 355 Xtra
TT Single Stage
Nikon Bolt XR
Boo & Xcalibur flemish strings
18" BE Zombie Slayers
VPA 3-blade broadheads
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Drew wrote:So what is a DrStirrup? Pics? Sounds like it's worth looking into

Here you go Drew...a link to his site...all of us who attended Boofest were fortunate to have gotten a free Dr. Stirrup set up for each bow we had with us...I absolutely love what I received for my 380 and my 335...Gaston, the inventor is in the process of redesigning the stirrup portion for the micro series...some of his products are out and some are forthcoming!

https://www.drstirrup.com/home

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
hard2draw

Post by hard2draw »

Any pictures???
fergie

Post by fergie »

I have some but can't for the life of me figure out how to post them here........ :roll:
was in al's corner store todaythey a set from gaston and didn't know anything about it. they told me the kit just showed up yesterday and they didn't know why or where it was from....... I told them about the kit on my matrix and the father-in-laws exocet 200 and they said they'd have to try it out when they have a minute.
the store is in arnprior Ontario.
matrix 380 blackout "Reaper", nchunterkw flemish string, triggertech single stage, matrix munch mount, Rhinehart Block, 18" zombie slayers c/o big john
fully dressed in drstirrup is the "reaper"