Forksville bow festival

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bobcat

Forksville bow festival

Post by bobcat »

I took a trip to the bow festival today with my oldest son (young adult) him and his cousins did some shooting and bought a few arrows and such. it was cool to go again. they even let crossbow shooters shoot now.
I was a little disappointed with the lack of vendors and products. I couldnt even find any spitfire broadheads. there were a few cool products like the "tree stand wingman" (www.blackashoutdoorproducts.com) .

i saw some guys and gals toting around crossbows and a few booths selling them but not one excalibur in the place! i would have thought an event as big as that which now allows crossbows would have had a bunch of them around.

http://www.pabowhunters.com/
Buszone

Re: Forksville bow festival

Post by Buszone »

I went to that festival while in college for forestry at wacc . Took a great course in tracking wounded deer. Do they still offer that? They even had a hog shoot back then.world's end is a beautiful place!
335 Micro "THOR" as in "Thorin Oakenshield"
RamCat 125gr. AKA Battle Axe
NChunterKW Flemish String
15.5" Excalibur Dan Zombies
When it Flies something dies !
bobcat

Re: Forksville bow festival

Post by bobcat »

no they dont do the hog shoots anymore. well this year they "brought back the hog" with a steel hog challenge. i didnt get over there but i think its one of the metal silhouettes you shoot though.

they still have the running deer and the 3 d trails as well as stainary targets and
and a smaller area with a running coyote target and flying (spinning) birds.