More on Ground Huniting Techniques

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BryanOney

More on Ground Huniting Techniques

Post by BryanOney »

Could I get some more of you to discus your ground hunting techniques. Home made blinds or store bought tent blinds. What is your favorite set up, food, funnel, trails etc. Where is a location where blinds definately have an advantage over a stand. What is a good portable blind. I have heard of people taking PVC and using camo burlap to just make a blind in front of them. Anyone do this. Any other helpful tips you can share. It may be time for me to evolve and come down out of the trees. :lol:
pdifast

ground hunting

Post by pdifast »

hello i am new to this but have turkey hunted for years. talk to any turkey hunter. i use what mother nature provides and sometimes a little camo cloth on a stick ( ok actually 4 or 5 sticks). some of you crossbow hunters set me straight. thanks philip
johnbuck9

groundblinds

Post by johnbuck9 »

Hey Bryanoney,

I have hunted from ground blinds for many years,with great success, but keep in mind you must beat that deers nose, if you know the area you will be hunting prepare sevrel locations, so the wind is in your favor.
Ground blinds can be of many things, I like all natural, fallen down trees ,rocks whathave you, I have dug out a area against a fallen tree that layed flat on the ground, just that my head could see over the tree, in theres pine in the area thats great use some branches really helps with your scent . but keep in mind keep it natural too your location, and surroundings , you are in that deers livingroom, and thats the most important thing too remember
Funnels are great, trila leading too and from feeding and bedding areas are ideal, don,t wait til the last minute too place or build you blinds, and also watch the time of day you pick too construct them.
Make sure you have room so you can get off a shot when the time presents itself.
Also becareful on how you make your approach too the stand, again you must play the wind keep it in your favor at all times and you will do fine,

Good luck too you and know get out there and get those babies set up, the time is a commin,
Have a great season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!