Zombies vs Executioners

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

SEW

Zombies vs Executioners

Post by SEW »

I shoot 18" arrows with a 170g (FOC) and a 26g AL insert =196gs

My 380 shoots both shafts about equally accurately to 100 yds

My 405 shoots the Zombies more accurately than the Executioners.

I believe the extra spine of the Zombie is needed with the 405.

Just some food for thought.
wildcatter

Re: Zombies vs Executioners

Post by wildcatter »

I agree SEW, I have noticed the same thing in my 380, but I think with the fixed broadheads, even on the 380 I can see a difference at 20 yards, and the Spynal Tapps I am shooting now are more consistent and at 70 yards obviously accuracy is much better. I am using the Spynal Tapps, (which is built with the same compound just tighter tolerances without matching and sorting as the Zombies),

I don't have the 405. Instead I have the micro, which is putting as much stress on the arrow at peak draw, although shortened to 16.5", and have found the same thing you are mentioning on your 405.

In the Micro with Executioners tighter matched from Jerry, they did not shoot as good as the Spynal Tapps, when I put the fixed blade broadheads on It is even a bigger difference, and the Spynal Tapps are obviously more accurate out to 60 yards than the Executioners.
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
bubba

Post by bubba »

Well WildCatter, If you are able to figure that Jerry's Spynal Tapps out shoot the Zombies from 20 Yard's with your M-380..You sir are.....Amazing.. I shoot His Spynal Tapps. And have some of his Zombies. My boy and i are now building our own, from Spynal Tapp bare shafts, still we get all anything arrows from Jerry, he cut's and spine marks all the shafts for us. Any how out to 60 yards shooting off a bench, i can say the edge go's to the Tapp's. But 30 yards and under? damned if i can truthfully tell any difference..You sir have one heck of an eye...
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

bubba wrote:Well WildCatter, If you are able to figure that Jerry's Spynal Tapps out shoot the Zombies from 20 Yard's with your M-380..You sir are.....Amazing.. I shoot His Spynal Tapps. And have some of his Zombies. My boy and i are now building our own, from Spynal Tapp bare shafts, still we get all anything arrows from Jerry, he cut's and spine marks all the shafts for us. Any how out to 60 yards shooting off a bench, i can say the edge go's to the Tapp's. But 30 yards and under? damned if i can truthfully tell any difference..You sir have one heck of an eye...
Sorry if you thought I was saying the Zombies shot different than the Spynal Tapps,,, Not at all what I said or meant, I was agreeing with SEW, the stiffer arrows are better than Executioners in my Micro and my 380. I was simply explaining that the Tapps and Executioners are one in the same spine wise,,, but I have not compared the Zombies with the Executioners. I have not compared the Spynals and the Tapps with both prepared the same way as of yet, but this next off season that test is coming. I will be using the dozen Zombies from jerry that are fletched by him and the stripping them, and refletching after bare shaft tuning them as I do my Spynal Tapps.

I do as you with all my arrows from Jerry. But take it one step further and after I receive my arrows from Jerry indexed, I bare shaft shoot and tune then remark spine on those that need it to get all hitting same hole or as close as possible @ 20 before fletching.

I have fletched arrows as they come indexed, and stripped bare shaft tuned and reflected them. This is the only way I can say it definitely gets me more perfect keepers out of the same dozen arrows and helps dramatically if using fixed blade broadheads. Probably not worth the bother shooting field point and expandables. A lot of work,,, but for me worth the hassle, and I will not shoot a mechanical!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
bubba

Post by bubba »

Wildcatter, The Zombies and the Spynal Tapps are of the same stiffness. The Executioner's are less stiffer. Spynal Tapps and Zombies are spined the same. The Spynal Tapps are done with a tighter tolerance's than the Zombies, Jerry's personal touch and brand. Not the other way around..Once we receive our bare Spynal Tapps indexed and spine tested. We just put our cock vane down and go with it. You for sure go that extra mile in tuning each arrow, talk about being precise. Hat's off to ya sir..
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

bubba wrote:Wildcatter, The Zombies and the Spynal Tapps are of the same stiffness. The Executioner's are less stiffer. Spynal Tapps and Zombies are spined the same. The Spynal Tapps are done with a tighter tolerance's than the Zombies, Jerry's personal touch and brand. Not the other way around..
I believe I said that twice!! what are you reading that I ain't saying?????

QUOTE!! "I am using the Spynal Tapps, (which is built with the same compound just tighter tolerances without matching and sorting as the Zombies)," QUOTE!!

am I missing something here,,,, :?
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
bubba

Post by bubba »

wildcatter wrote:
bubba wrote:Wildcatter, The Zombies and the Spynal Tapps are of the same stiffness. The Executioner's are less stiffer. Spynal Tapps and Zombies are spined the same. The Spynal Tapps are done with a tighter tolerance's than the Zombies, Jerry's personal touch and brand. Not the other way around..
I believe I said that twice!! what are you reading that I ain't saying?????

QUOTE!! "I am using the Spynal Tapps, (which is built with the same compound just tighter tolerances without matching and sorting as the Zombies)," QUOTE!!

am I missing something here,,,, :?
You said, QUOTE!! I was simply explaining that the Tapps and Executioner's are one and the same spine wise,,,I said simply that they are not..That is what you said. Time for some football i'm out of here...................................
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I figure those Zombies be of stiffer spine n better fer the faster models, than the regular BEE's
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
CrazyAce

Post by CrazyAce »

wildcatter wrote: I do as you with all my arrows from Jerry. But take it one step further and after I receive my arrows from Jerry indexed, I bare shaft shoot and tune then remark spine on those that need it to get all hitting same hole or as close as possible @ 20 before fletching.

I have fletched arrows as they come indexed, and stripped bare shaft tuned and reflected them. This is the only way I can say it definitely gets me more perfect keepers out of the same dozen arrows and helps dramatically if using fixed blade broadheads. Probably not worth the bother shooting field point and expandables. A lot of work,,, but for me worth the hassle, and I will not shoot a mechanical!
Got a video of that out there?
-SnotRocket-
Matrix 405
DLX scope
TriggerTech 2.5#
DrStirrup rig
8ptbuk, vixenmaster, Boo Flemish String
Zombie Slayer, Executioner
Wabi Call
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Nope its no different than we used to do with vert bows when setting up arrows. simply shoot em without fletching, I start with a dozen spine indexed and use the POI from where the most hit, then shoot the others rotating slightly till get them hitting the same place or as close to the same place the majority did.

Then fletch them all, the ones that needed tweaking get a new spine indexed mark, and fetch'm up.

and yes Mike the BEE's are lighter spined than the Zombies and Tapps, I have found the BEE's ideal for all but my Micro and 380,, I don't have the 405, but SEW has filled us in they work better than the BEE's in it also, Them high pounders like em stiff!!!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Hmmmm, I was of the understanding that the Tapps were simply executioners with Jerry's logo, not zombies with his logo. I may have to give Jerry a call and ask.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

I assure you that is directly from Jerry, I am not repeating something I heard. But it's always good to talk to Jerry, if you walk away from talking to him, and haven't learned something new,,,,, you probably weren't listening!!

Same goes for Dorge, but with Dorge it's easy to be overwhelmed with technology that is beyond my understanding,,,,, but one thing is for sure, between the two you will have all the knowledge one could ever need to build, or have, the finest components or arrows for any scenario anyone would need!!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Jerry has certainly been an absolute pleasure to talk to and deal with. :D

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
bubba

Post by bubba »

Yes Jerry is a pleasure to talk with. don't completely agree with him on all things arrow's, mostly that he prefers an off set, and 3" vane's. Where as i like a helical and 2" vane's. We all have our preference's. And he has told me straight out the Zombies and the Spynal Tapps have the same heavier spine. With the Executioners a lighter spine. As mentioned earlier in this thread. There has been a few members confused with this.. Smile.. It's all good..
SEW

Post by SEW »

I expect if Jerry knew the end usage of the arrow(field point, simple expandible broad head, large fixed broadhead) , he'd recommend different vane set ups for each.
Might be wrong.