spot remover

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

Re: spot remover

Post by wabi »

nchunterkw wrote:You know...this got me thinking......
#1 I have no issue with taking one of those but that is beside the point...

wabi is from Ohio where I used to live until 2010. Bow hunted there from 1995 until I left, and I do not recall seeing spotted fawns when the season opened in late Sept. Even in 2010 and 2011 I don't recall seeing them down here in NC even though the season opens 3 weeks earlier, or maybe if you did you had to look really hard because they were really faded.

What is going on with the rut to delay things so much? These had to have been born roughly in July to still be spotted like that. Which means the doe was bred probably in January??
The spots are fading quickly now, but it's been odd for the past couple seasons.
Last year it looked like there were as many or more bucks than does, but not many fawns.
This year I've got more fawns coming in, but a few of them are really small.
From my latest pictures I think some will still have a few spots when season opens Saturday.

amythntr wrote:....come on Mike, your just afraid that you might miss one of those nice white aiming points! :lol: :lol:

Anthony :)
Too many aiming points Anthony - it gets confusing to an old man. :lol: :lol:
wabi
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

wabi wrote:The spots are fading quickly now, but it's been odd for the past couple seasons.
Last year it looked like there were as many or more bucks than does, but not many fawns.
This year I've got more fawns coming in, but a few of them are really small.
From my latest pictures I think some will still have a few spots when season opens Saturday.
Yeah it's weird like that here too. I'm seeing does with two fawns and both have spots. I've always thought that yearlings would get bred late in the year and that they would typically only have 1 fawn and the ones that have 2 fawns are older. I'm seeing older deer that aren't getting bred in the early rut that's for sure.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

nchunterkw wrote:I call them "fork-tender" deer.
Several years ago I shot a big momma doe and her doe fawn to help a guy thin some of the does on his property. When my buddy and I were processing the meat, I made the comment that those 2 deer were going to make quite a bit of meat. My buddy laughed and said, "The big doe will make quite a bit of meat. This other one is just 'seasoning'." :lol:

Hey Mike, I can help you take care of your "problem". :wink: Just let me know when. :D
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

I've used Goof Off for stains on a lot products but those spots make really really good eating.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Shotnbeer wrote:I've used Goof Off for stains on a lot products but those spots make really really good eating.
...and a very easy drag as a matter of fact they fit nicely into a fanny pack! :shock: :mrgreen: :lol:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
gendoc

Post by gendoc »

hey wabi, I know what you mean.....at least there eating on there own now.
this was out on the back 40....
1:45pm 2 days ago.......it was in the high 80's here.

2 weeks ago I got 2 bucks around 6pm......its exciting :mrgreen:

2013 matrix 380x
2011 vortex
vintage exomax & exocet
boo custom strings
Burris FF-III
RBBB
L&S speed demon arras
Easton xx75 2219ch
Ignitors
125 G5 striker mag
Dalton wax
bowmax 1131
wabi calls

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Those bucks look like they are still in velvet?

They've lost the velvet here, but with the recent hot, dry weather are only hitting the feeder at night. Earlier in the month I had a few nice ones showing up during legal hours.
wabi