NEW EXOCET AND BROADHEAD Flight?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

confederate

NEW EXOCET AND BROADHEAD Flight?

Post by confederate »

I got me a new Exocet today. I bought the Scope Package with it. I shot it for a while with out the Scope just to check it out. I intend on putting the Scope on tonight. I was wondering what I can expect when I put the Broadheads ON? I will be shooting the Carbons that came with it with 5 inch vanes and the boss Broadheads. Will they hit the same as field points What are yalls experiences with this.I am sure hoping for a smooth transition with no problems.
Matrix 330
Micro Axe 340
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

my 100 grain BOSS heads hit within 2" of the field points but grouped very well. A few clicks was all it took to dial it in perfectly.

I very much like the BOSS heads.

Mike
wabi

Post by wabi »

My experience:
I had some G-5 "montec" broadheads that were hitting about 1" low/left from my field points at 20 yards, but grouped as tight or tighter than the field points. I kept reading how "slicktricks" shot "just like field points" on this forum, so I ordered a pack. They grouped well, but were even a little more low/left! I got to thinking all the forum members aren't just making up a story - what's the difference in my setup? I decided it might be my arrows, so I ordered a dozen GoldTips from bj. The results - both the Montecs and the SlickTricks group right with field points now! And I picked up 16 fps in the process! A win-win situation if I ever saw one! :lol:
My point - they may not group exactly with your field points, but don't blame the broadheads unless you experiment with the other variables.
Always test each & every arrow/broadhead combination for accuracy before you go hunting with them. And if they group well, but are a little off from the field points, simply make a sight adjustment and go hunting!
I killed my limit before I made the new arrow discovery (without any misses or losses) - look out this year!!!!!!!!! :lol:
wabi
Mark

Post by Mark »

I to find my broadheads group about 1.5" low left. The are grouping as tight as field points however. I shoot the rocky mountain snyper and the new G-5 tekan. A slight scope adjustment and all is well. I sometimes wonder if the length of the head changes foc balance enough to cause the difference in impact????

Mark
Exomag ,Exocet,Micro 335
Scorpyd Ventilator
Gold tip laser bolts, Zombie Slayers,Spynal Tapp
Slick Trick, Rage, Magnus bullhead
Danny Miller Strings
Shoot a big one, Let the grunts walk
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

My slick tricks group right where my field tips group. 2216, 100 gr slick tricks, 4" feathers.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!