Zeiss XB75 Scope, Hunters Review

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bubba

Re: Zeiss XB75 Scope, Hunters Review

Post by bubba »

X-2 on what wildcatter said.The Hawke XB- 30 Pro model # Hk -3249 2015, and the up dated 12-230, 2015. Are my favorite crossbow scopes. And i prefer the etched reticle of the HK-3249 over the reticle of the 12-230, That's just me. Nothing else is different between the two models..The endless adjusting illumination is the selling point for me. Go Hawke XB-30 pro, and never look back. Smile..
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

wildcatter wrote:
vixenmaster wrote:Anyone found a good price on the Hawke 1.5x5 XB1 Sr ? Has anyone used one in dark thick woods ?
I have used my buddies Mike,his has blue lighted reticle, and it is not as bright a scope as the other two. It is a little cheaper price wise and a decent scope but the XB-30 Pro is a better optic, both hold zero to a T. The Tenpoint Rangemaster Pro is similar size and weight, with 30mm tube and is noticeably brighter in those situations. Both these scopes I been mentioning can be had for less money that the Zeiss.
I had a 1x32sr wid the red/gn had no mag to it. I could see very well wid the gn on low. If the 1.5x5x32 is better i will be in great shape
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
SEW

Post by SEW »

My thoughts: for the 98%+ of the day, the XB75 is #1. If it had a Firefly reticle, it'd be untouchable, IMO . This scope has excellent glass, an unequalled reticle, but needs a reticle that can be better seen in low light. Zeiss isn't going to add a lighted reticle to the Terra scope. I've pushed for a Firefly type reticle: simple, seems like it should be inexpensive. Unfortunately for Zeiss, the new Hawke SR. PRO, even with its relatively poor glass has enough of an improved lighted reticle that the low light capability, compared to the XB75, is very close. If the Hawke just had better glass, Zeiss just wouldn't compete. If the Zeiss just had a Firefly type reticle, the Hawke just wouldn't have a chance. Or is each did just that, then.....
Last edited by SEW on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

SEW wrote:My thoughts: for the 98%+ of the day, the XB75 is #1. If it had a Firefly reticle, it'd be untouchable, IMO .
Its a great scope but not in this deep dark woods wid all these leaves on n overcast. Live n learn
Half Bubble Off BD360

wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

vixenmaster wrote:
wildcatter wrote:
vixenmaster wrote:Anyone found a good price on the Hawke 1.5x5 XB1 Sr ? Has anyone used one in dark thick woods ?
I have used my buddies Mike,his has blue lighted reticle, and it is not as bright a scope as the other two. It is a little cheaper price wise and a decent scope but the XB-30 Pro is a better optic, both hold zero to a T. The Tenpoint Rangemaster Pro is similar size and weight, with 30mm tube and is noticeably brighter in those situations. Both these scopes I been mentioning can be had for less money that the Zeiss.
I had a 1x32sr wid the red/gn had no mag to it. I could see very well wid the gn on low. If the 1.5x5x32 is better i will be in great shape
Mike the problem is the more you magnify the scope the less light you let in. The 1X is a brighter scope, and why many like that 1x SR. They both have the same glass, and tube, the 1.5 is probably going to end up over 2 or 3X when you get it set for the Micro,,,, which will be brighter than if used on 5X, and not as bright as the 1x32 SR,,,, certainly no where near the Tenpoint 1.5X5 or the XB-30 Pro. That 1X 32 would be a better low light choice than than the XB1,,,
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....I just opened my bow case in my office home...took out ........Bada Bing 8) ....gave him a big kiss and then slobbered all over my Leupy Crossbones...I just love her!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Well its always a trade off, i sold the 1xsr because my vision wasn't good enuff fer me to use it. I had it on my MXB320, now have my varizone on it. Reckon i will have to wait on any scope until later when i have enuff funds to spend a few hundred samolians. I went to look at thoses 10 pts but they have the dreded lines they block my vision in them
Half Bubble Off BD360

wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

vixenmaster wrote:Well its always a trade off, i sold the 1xsr because my vision wasn't good enuff fer me to use it. I had it on my MXB320, now have my varizone on it. Reckon i will have to wait on any scope until later when i have enuff funds to spend a few hundred samolians. I went to look at thoses 10 pts but they have the dreded lines they block my vision in them
I agree with them cluttered lines Mike. But remember this, the only thing that illuminates in the Tenpoint Rangemaster Pro is the aiming dots themselves, nothing else on the reticle is illuminated. This scope would be perfect in my view if it stayed exactly the same and just used the reticle in the scope your asking about, the XB1 sr, this would be my dream scope on the Micro, or as it should be called,,,,, the "Whitetail Special"!! Good Luck Mike!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

wildcatter wrote:
vixenmaster wrote:Well its always a trade off, i sold the 1xsr because my vision wasn't good enuff fer me to use it. I had it on my MXB320, now have my varizone on it. Reckon i will have to wait on any scope until later when i have enuff funds to spend a few hundred samolians. I went to look at thoses 10 pts but they have the dreded lines they block my vision in them
I agree with them cluttered lines Mike. But remember this, the only thing that illuminates in the Tenpoint Rangemaster Pro is the aiming dots themselves, nothing else on the reticle is illuminated. This scope would be perfect in my view if it stayed exactly the same and just used the reticle in the scope your asking about, the XB1 sr, this would be my dream scope on the Micro, or as it should be called,,,,, the "Whitetail Special"!! Good Luck Mike!
If'en the lines were not in the scope it would be a winner, but fer me a scope that can go out to 60 yds is more than good. I don't have a crossbow i feel comfortable past 60 yds at this time. So the Hawke that jus has a red illumination isn't goin to work fer me. If'en it had the gn wid then thats what i would look fer
Half Bubble Off BD360

wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

You got check em all Mike. On my Tenpoint the green lights are worthless, when I use the green side the hole inside of the scopes get a green glow even on its lowest setting??? The red is perfect!

The first XB-30 with just 60 yard aiming points was green and red, and on that scope the red was intrusive and would drowned out the background, and the green was perfect??

On both the newer XB-30 Pro scopes, they use an infinitely variable illumination dial and are only in red. The red will go dim enough in both of them, they never go to low, which I wish they did, I could care less about a lighted reticle in daylight or on a cloudy day,,, like I said earlier, I just want that illumination for that last legal hunting minutes, and don't ever turn it on before sundown, usually 10 or 15 minutes after. Them prime minutes that matter most!

But whatever you get Mike make sure if it don't work for you in those last minutes, they will take it back or exchange it,,, none of them are the same from model to model, red or green,,, very selective!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
bubba

Post by bubba »

X-2 Well said for sure! Love mine and the stepless illumination of the rheostat is magic it those minutes early in the morning and in the evening. Heck i should apply for a job at Hawke. Do your self a favor Mike and look at either model, before you decide. Model # 12-230, and # HK-3249. Glad i did...
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Well i jus sold my varizone this afternoon, that leaves me wid the Zeiss. I had to get what i could afford so i gotstid the Hawke XB1 1.5-5x32 SR. Was shipped priority this mornin, hope it will make it here by Sat.
Half Bubble Off BD360

bubba

Post by bubba »

Good luck with the new scope Mike..
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Let us know how it works for ya Mike,,,, I know it's better than the Varizone, you can be sure of that, and very compact!! Good Luck!!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
Browntown274

Post by Browntown274 »

Just ordered the XB75, what rings are you running? I'm assuming it would take the low rings so Burris sig zees are not going to work. Maybe Burris reg zee rings in low? What you guys got?
Matrix 350 LE