Any thoughts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Dale

Any thoughts

Post by Dale »

Just got the ok to replace my Exomax Crossbow. Can't decide. Matrix 355, Matrix 380, but gosh darn, the Micro 335 is so cool and small. As much as I like the Micro, I do like the power of my Exomax. I have shot the Matrix 380 and the Micro. Both are great.
Exomax
Easton 2219 bolts
150 grain Bolt cutters
No One

Re: Any thoughts

Post by No One »

While you have it ok-ed I like my 405. :lol:
Matrix 405 Mega ( Sledgehammer )
Black Eagle Executioners
125 gr Grim Reaper Razor Cut.
Normous

Post by Normous »

You might want to wait for the Micro Max if you like the Micro size.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

Normous wrote:You might want to wait for the Micro Max if you like the Micro size.

Agreed X2

If that is the next new Excalibur waiting in the wings it has my vote
OhioXBowhunter

Post by OhioXBowhunter »

Go with the 405 and never look back :shock:
400 Suppressor TD
Bulldog 440
Matrix 405
Black Eagle Zombies
Black Eagle Executioners
G5 Montecs / Mega meats
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I really like my Micro. It is a step up from the Vortex IMO even though the speed of the arrow is similar. And the size is very nice in a blind or tree.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....It's the new Excalibur Nano 355....it's motto is gonna be, "na-no body's gonna be able to cock this by hand.!" :lol: :lol: ...but not to worry it will come with a built in hydraulic cocking mechanism.... :shock: :shock: :mrgreen: just funnin withcha'll! ....however if the 335 is 270 lbs what would a 355 be??...300lbs on the same limbs????

.....I'm sitting tight this year....since you have shot the Matrix 380 it is my favorite one of the two (335 being the other) for its laser precision accuracy....

...never wait for the latest and newest in my opinion...go with the tried and true....

Anthony :)
Last edited by amythntr on Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Lugnut

Post by Lugnut »

Love my 405!
Dale

Post by Dale »

I do like both the 380 and the Micro. But... I am only 5'5" and in my 50's now. As I like to keep my equipment long term I am leaning towards the 355. Basically same speed and power I have now, not much more poundage to cock, shorter pull. Also the shorter Matrix bows are easier to hold steady since they are lighter and shorter. I got the Exomax used, since I was brand new to cross bows. Don't get me wrong, it is a great bow, but it is a bit of a stretch for me to cock. Strong enough, I could just use a couple of more inches in height. The Exomax is a tack driver, and I can't imagine the newer bows being any more accurate, just a little easier for us shorter guys to work with. And no, I do not buy my clothes in the kiddie section like my wife and hunting buddies suggest I should.
Exomax
Easton 2219 bolts
150 grain Bolt cutters
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Dale wrote:I do like both the 380 and the Micro. But... I am only 5'5" and in my 50's now. As I like to keep my equipment long term I am leaning towards the 355. Basically same speed and power I have now, not much more poundage to cock, shorter pull. Also the shorter Matrix bows are easier to hold steady since they are lighter and shorter. I got the Exomax used, since I was brand new to cross bows. Don't get me wrong, it is a great bow, but it is a bit of a stretch for me to cock. Strong enough, I could just use a couple of more inches in height. The Exomax is a tack driver, and I can't imagine the newer bows being any more accurate, just a little easier for us shorter guys to work with. And no, I do not buy my clothes in the kiddie section like my wife and hunting buddies suggest I should.
.... I'm 5'4" so you tower over me... I am on the 58 side of 57.... I am able to cock the 335 (@270 of DW).... And that is with a bad back and blown shoulders...It is so sweet to hold and so perfectly balanced...I do not think you will be at all sorry if you went the 335 route....just my opinion from someone about your height and age... Just make sure you buy the Nightmare... It is way cooler than the RT... :lol: :mrgreen:

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

I'm 5'-7" 64 years old, with bad in-operable shoulders, and I love my 355... She's plenty fast and flat shooting and not bad to draw.... it gets the job done and gets my vote for sure.

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....I am curious how many of us height challenged hunters (5'7" and under) have actually handled the 335 (held, cocked and shot) before actually coming to the decision on purchasing another longer and wider Excalibur....OR...did they purchase what they have PRIOR to the release of the 335?

....the reason I ask is that for the shorter hunters the 335 JUST FITS so much better and the BALANCE in one's arms is sheer delight!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
SEW

Post by SEW »

I'm 68, 5'10" and can cock the 380 easily, 405 less easily but doable. Dr Stirrup and his rope cocker set about 4" short makes each much easier to cock. The 405 is my primary bow. Accuracy: the longer the limb, the more accurate: just a fact. I benchrest shoot. Same methods with the Excals. Equinox >Matrix>Micro accuracy wise. However, under no wind conditions, great arrows, the Matrix 380&405 can get 1 1/2" 100yd 3-shot groups. That's good enough for most of us. Incidentally, I get just over 1" 80 yd groups with both Matrix bows that are maximized in every way. But with a friend's Equinox, with nothing except an Optimizer/2-7 VXR and Red Hot arrows, I can keep sub 1" groups @ 80 yds consistently. Micro with Quills, 1"- 2" best @ 60 yds. Just how it is. All are accurate enough.
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Maybe you should take your wife's advise and see if there is a bow in the kids section that would fit your shortness. :D :D :D
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Boomer wrote:Maybe you should take your wife's advise and see if there is a bow in the kids section that would fit your shortness. :D :D :D
Hey Boomer that is considered "bullying" in all school systems...you keep that up Dale will kneel behind you and I'll push you! :mrgreen:

Anthony :mrgreen:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings