Any thoughts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Tom

Re: Any thoughts

Post by Tom »

amythntr wrote:
Boomer wrote:Maybe you should take your wife's advise and see if there is a bow in the kids section that would fit your shortness. :D :D :D
Hey Boomer that is considered "bullying" in all school systems...you keep that up Dale will kneel behind you and I'll push you! :mrgreen:

Anthony :mrgreen:
Anthony, what are you complaining about, I remember you trying to aquire "Colton's" kid version bow. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Smart boy, he learned very quickly to not let you near his bow. BTW, was Colton not taller then you :wink: :lol:

Back to the topic's orginal question, best advice is to get the one which feels best in your hands. Try holding the bow up in a shooting postion for a longer then normal, just like a hunting situation might make you do.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Dale

Post by Dale »

Think I've narrowed it down to the 355 or 335. I really do like the Micro. Pick on me cause I'm short. go for it. Fill your boots. Next time you sit on an Air Transat plane going on holidays, just remember. I've got lots of leg room. Now who's laughing. hehehehehehehe!!!
Exomax
Easton 2219 bolts
150 grain Bolt cutters
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Tom wrote:
amythntr wrote:
Boomer wrote:Maybe you should take your wife's advise and see if there is a bow in the kids section that would fit your shortness. :D :D :D
Hey Boomer that is considered "bullying" in all school systems...you keep that up Dale will kneel behind you and I'll push you! :mrgreen:

Anthony :mrgreen:
Anthony, what are you complaining about, I remember you trying to aquire "Colton's" kid version bow. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Smart boy, he learned very quickly to not let you near his bow. BTW, was Colton not taller then you :wink: :lol:

Back to the topic's orginal question, best advice is to get the one which feels best in your hands. Try holding the bow up in a shooting postion for a longer then normal, just like a hunting situation might make you do.

Tom

...last I remembered Tom there were a lot of taller adults standing behind me looking to "steal" it also.... :mrgreen:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

You better not take my advice,,, or if you do you need to do a lot more talking to your wife, and probably should start now.

I Started out much the same, tossed between the 355 and 380,,,, when they introduced the Lynx a 380 in A-P Snow Camo, a pattern I love for late season,, I bought it!!

#2 after shooting it for a month and trust me it will shoot with any Exomax I know, that was my first Excalibur, they introduced a Mad Max,,, yes I loved it and had to have another 380!! I mean you need something for early season,,, :wink:

#3 then the 1000's of reviews on the Micro after 6 months and holding several, I new I had the finest hunting bows Excalibur mad with 2-380's but,,, yep I had to add one. So I had to find out what the fuss was about,,,, yep I have one, after shooting it and seeing just how accurate it could be,, it will shoot 1" @ 60 yards with fixed blade broadheads!! I decided to make it personal, it is now dressed in 100% 3D Deception Camo pattern. I shoot this bow better offhand than any crossbow I ever owned!!

Saying all this I am now in another dilemma,,, I have seen and shot the 355 and "I WANT ONE"!! I am considering another Custom Camo'd pattern for it,, gotta find a way to justify it.... :wink:

So now my personal recommendation,,,,, buy all three, you'll need them,,, I Love that little Micro, the Lynx shoots as good as the Mad Max,,, both will take any animal I could ever hunt. BUT if I could only own one bow,,, God forbid!!! It would be the 380 Mad Max,,,,, Like Sew said 1" groups at 70 yards is as far as I have tested mine, with a scope set on 2.5 to 2.8X with fixed blade broadheads, with 125# KE,,,, I just can't part with a setup like that,, but you need to make her understand,,, you need backups!! :wink:
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

I'm sure I will get a nasty text when he sees this.
pinshooter

Post by pinshooter »

Micro for me.
John 3:16
Camo Matrix 380
Dale

Post by Dale »

Next one to make a crack about me shopping in the kiddie section is going to get a kick in the shins!
Exomax
Easton 2219 bolts
150 grain Bolt cutters
Waif

Post by Waif »

Not accusing you of shopping in the kiddy section after hearing about you stepping on the tail of your shirt... :lol:
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.